Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

21 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

Though the title would go on to inspire many jokes about its lengthiness, Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd is a massive creative triumph for one Elizabeth Grant. She and superproducer Jack Antonoff hit their stride as partners on this Grammy AOTY-nominated project, with the alt-pop titan mustering some of her most vulnerable and thoughtful lyrics ever while somehow managing to maintain her trademark campiness throughout (see: that perplexing four-minute spoken interlude from pastor Judah Smith). While her earlier work gives way to more dramatic proclamations and aesthetics, Ocean Blvd takes a softer, more introspective approach to Lana’s longtime muse — Americana — that’s achingly feminine, full of yearning, and underscored by clever references to male figureheads such as Leonard Cohen, John Denver and Bob Dylan. 

What a weird review blurb this is from Billboard lmfao tell me you didn't understand the album at all without telling me you didn't understand the album at all... Judah Smith interlude being her trademark campiness like WHAT

yeah cuz like where is the bob dylan reference? (forgive me if i missed it lol)

21 minutes ago, Bonita said:

yeah cuz like where is the bob dylan reference? (forgive me if i missed it lol)

Sweet, I’m assuming. He has a song called “girls of the north country” but it’s kind of a stretch. The other artists mentioned get a direct call out 

"Don’t forget me"

I really really hope it ends up being No. 1 in AOTY. She needs to see that if it happens.

Not a hater at all, but I agree that The Record didn't bring anything new to the indie-alt scene.

Lol i dont hate boygenius but they all are so manufactured & overhyped, there is no alternative act even REACHES Lana's impact this year - why cant yall be honest for ONCE?

Mitski deserves to be nominated more than boygenius, even Caroline.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Olivia Rodrigo is shit. I cannot believe that people are into her as much as they are.

Is everyone brainwashed? what is going on.

i always thought her music was cute for like little girls in a one direction sort of sense, i am really baffled about her songs being loved to the extent that they are too?? i mean this in the nicest way possible too

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i always thought her music was cute for like little girls in a one direction sort of sense, i am really baffled about her songs being loved to the extent that they are too?? i mean this in the nicest way possible too

it's baffling. her music is cute. not even in the way taylor's music is cute. like, at least taylor has a sparkling melody.

rodrigo's songs are just bland filler music imo.