Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

what a way to end the year. Now if she only released an unreleased album or aka, it'd be the best year ever

Imagine the fandoms reaction if she surprise released the unreleased album on christmas 

mEtDRnr.gifyou’re young, you’re wild, you’re free

8 hours ago, Rocket0212 said:

I maybe can understand the hype around that Caroline girl, even though her music is not for me. But I can't believe that out of all albums critics and Grammys decided to praise that 3 boring girls album. It literally sounds like any Spotify Indie playlist you'll put as background music. It's not bad at all, the hype is just so random that it makes me dislike the album.

This is how I feel about a lot of those artists. They’re cute and I don’t think their music is bad necessarily, it’s just not that memorable. If I heard some of those albums on the radio, I prob wouldn’t care to know what song is playing. I just can’t see a lot of their music having the same longevity that Lana’s music does. :eek4: Ocean blvd, u will never be forgotten 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

9 hours ago, Rocket0212 said:

I just checked AOTY site and their total list for the best album and even though Lana is 3rd so far I just see that critics want to give this title to some one era wonder again. It's the same old about giving all the flowers to underdogs and sure, it's probably even good but I just don't understand how these albums are on the same level with Ocean Blvd. I maybe can understand the hype around that Caroline girl, even though her music is not for me. But I can't believe that out of all albums critics and Grammys decided to praise that 3 boring girls album. It literally sounds like any Spotify Indie playlist you'll put as background music. It's not bad at all, the hype is just so random that it makes me dislike the album.
And let me not even start with that Avril Lavigne tribute album at 1st place...:flop:

oh this is so true. boygenius is one of the most overrated bands of the moment, and their album "the record" is nothing special.

'Cause I've been waiting, don't wanna face it
We're all alone now, how far will we take it?

publications will say ANY random album is a top album or album of the year just because it's popular or trendy... it's hard to ignore them, because they do reflect how our current society/media views and critiques art... so i feel like it would be silly for me to say that we should just ignore them, i feel like we have the right to complain about it, never complaining or having strong opinions results in nothing changing, or at least, nothing being expressed, and i think it's good and even healthy to express our thoughts, opinions, complaints, whatever it may be

i honestly feel like nowadays, publications, media outlets, or even just individual people/critics are just afraid of having opinions or being seen as negative or pretentious, but not every album that's popular is great or worthy of being labeled an album of the year

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

27 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Ok, so I listened to that Javelin album and it's the only one up there that deserves to be in top 5 with Ocean Blvd. It may be my 2nd fave album this year actually.:gclap: 

It was a very weak year in music though.

it's glorious

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

This album is incredible for rainy days. It's been raining nonstop since yesterday and I'm obsessed with it.

Can confirm it's perfect for snowy days too, it really captures that warm, cozy, hiding indoors with a lingering coldness and seasonal depression kind of vibe :aw:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

Though the title would go on to inspire many jokes about its lengthiness, Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd is a massive creative triumph for one Elizabeth Grant. She and superproducer Jack Antonoff hit their stride as partners on this Grammy AOTY-nominated project, with the alt-pop titan mustering some of her most vulnerable and thoughtful lyrics ever while somehow managing to maintain her trademark campiness throughout (see: that perplexing four-minute spoken interlude from pastor Judah Smith). While her earlier work gives way to more dramatic proclamations and aesthetics, Ocean Blvd takes a softer, more introspective approach to Lana’s longtime muse — Americana — that’s achingly feminine, full of yearning, and underscored by clever references to male figureheads such as Leonard Cohen, John Denver and Bob Dylan. 

What a weird review blurb this is from Billboard lmfao tell me you didn't understand the album at all without telling me you didn't understand the album at all... Judah Smith interlude being her trademark campiness like WHAT