Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

3 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I still don't care for the title song at all. Overall, I personally place OB the album at the bottom of her discography. 

coco-coco-montrese.gif

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

7 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

only imagine lana winning the grammys and then releasing let the light in mv :crying2: she would be the biggest star

MANIFESTING :oprah9::pray2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Let The Light In and Margaret the smash hits you are:oprah9:

Kinda wish they would send Let The Light In to radio stations ( if that didn't happen yet lol), I think it truly deserves
:oprah3:

And I love how the Grandfather Let The Light In Margaret run feels like a warm hug and is very uplifting :trisha: Fishtail, Peppers and Taco Truck x VB obviously slay too and are giving us LIFE :krylie:

I just realize once again how good every part of that album is, she really did THAT:xcry: 

Also the way Kintsugi is not only right in the middle of the album but it's the heart of the album too:wowcry:

That post was kinda filled with random thoughts but I love Ocean Blvd so much, it's my fave along with Honeymoon and ugh I could go and on and on :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, Candy Necklace said:

I think I’m a Sweet stan rn :tongue2:

LMAO CAUSE I HAD THE SAME THOUGHT TODAY

and LTLI could be doing 2.000.000 daily stream if her team did something

I wrote this huge ass track by track thought on the album but this shit is so long I only got to Fingertips before giving up :air: and this was back in June so now my ranking and thoughts have shifted and im jus like bruh 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

4 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

I wrote this huge ass track by track thought on the album but this shit is so long I only got to Fingertips before giving up :air: and this was back in June so now my ranking and thoughts have shifted and im jus like bruh 

We all should post track by track posts on Ocean Blvd one year anniversary tbh. Streaming the album and reading long ass paragraphs about every track. Then we watch the Candy Necklace music video, some live performances,   interviews, her Grammy speech she gave after she won and eat an A&W restaurant  meal while doing that and don't forget the root beer or the milkshake from A&W :oprah3: You could try and recreate those meals and the milk shake if you don't have an A&W nearby and /or don't live in the US:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

We all should post track by track posts on Ocean Blvd one year anniversary tbh. Streaming the album and reading long ass paragraphs about every track. Then we watch the Candy Necklace music video, some live performances,   interviews, her Grammy speech she gave after she won and eat an A&W restaurant  meal while doing that and don't forget the root beer or the milkshake from A&W :oprah3: You could try and recreate those meals and the milk shake if you don't have an A&W nearby and /or don't live in the US:true:

wait that actually sounds really fun lemme start collecting my thoughts and writing it down so im ready in time :smile: 

me expanding on what someone said in this thread months ago calling the A&W - Jon Batiste Interlude run the most Lynchian thing she's ever done and connecting it to the entirety of Twin Peaks + Mulholland Drive + Inland Empire in my track by track breakdown 

zach-campbell.gif

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Paris Texas is the real coquette girl on this album

But fr I can't get over the fact each track is so powerful and everyone can find something for themselves. That's why I think OB deserves Grammy even more than NFR

4 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

We should definitely make this canon for the album's anniversary. A whole year later can change our perspective A LOT. Celebrate its anniversary in some way, this album is such a career highlight.