Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I've lost count of times I've listened to the album. So it's time to do my ranking. :oprah3:

16. Judah Smith Interlude

15. Jon Batiste Interlude

14. Fishtail

13. Peppers

12. Taco Truck x VB

11. The Grants

10. Fingertips

09. Did you know that theres a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

08. Sweet

07. A&W

06. Paris, Texas

05. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while hes deep-sea fishing

04. Margaret

03. Let The Light In

02. Kintsugi

01. Candy Necklace

2 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

Let the Light In is the Tomorrow Never Came of this album. 

Agreed, i should've known :bye:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

19 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

If those NFR stats are true, I’m kind of surprised as well. I thought this album would absolutely bang. Especially since CN had second placement on New Music Friday. 

BUT it is an album full of longer songs, and it has been leaked for like two weeks (idc what anyone says, that DOES impact streams). So not totally sure what’s going on. 

I think the album is just not very GP friendly. I saw a semi-viral tweet calling it boring, and I don’t remember seeing that when COCC and BB came out. It’s still kind of surprising that she may not or barely out do NFR numbers when she has double the amount of monthly listeners now. 

22 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Imo this album will stand the test of time and be cited as a major influence for many years. Kind of how people look back and draw inspiration from Amy/The Beatles.

@Lustformoney what did you think of the album?

I still probably need to relisten few times but its the first lana album where i wasnt blown away at first listen. I feel like theres no standout tracks but it works as a whole. Grandpa-ltli-margaret is a mess :eartha2: the mixing is so bad its unlistenable for me. The rest of the album is really good tho

let the light in belongs in the top 5 best tracks i better not see slander :crossed:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

8 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

let the light belongs in the top 5 best tracks i better not see slander :crossed:

8 minutes ago, bambi eyes said:

so, it’s the best song of this album :true:

14 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

So you mean top 3.

16 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Agreed, i should've known :bye:

The way I just made a statement with zero positive or negative opinions but everyone assumes I’m throwing shade. 💀

I actually like both songs, and I wasn’t trying to imply any specific feelings about either song. I just think they feel similar. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

55 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

She’s not touching 100K with those numbers. NFR (song) did 2.1 million in 2019 on release day when Spotify had 50% less users. Spotify users have more than doubled and Lana has been gaining tons of streams recently. The highest track on the album in 2023 did less than 2 million. That’s a huge bomb. Keep in mind, NFR singles didn’t chart and did very poorly. But when the album came out, we saw big jump in numbers.

I was expecting 3 million plus for the best performing songs. All of the singles charted and did very well before the album, I was expecting a big jump like her previous releases. A&W did 2.5 million. Release day should be over 3 million for that song alone. Something is seriously not right. Even COCC and BB had increases when the release day came.

she has literally never been a streaming threat nor does she ever perform exceptionally well on streaming services 😭 her biggest songs are usually due to longevity and that matters a lot more than a  song that is popular for about a month then drops off

sure, the numbers are a little lower than expected, but maybe chart accounts anr fans alike shouldn’t go around guaranteeing 25M+ debuts 💀

Just now, Venice Jesus Whore said:

The way I just made a statement with zero positive or negative connotations and yet everyone assumes I’m throwing shade. 💀

I actually like both songs, and I wasn’t trying to imply any specific feelings about either song. I just think they feel similar. 

i was actually agreeing with your statement :gasp:

sorry if it came over the wrong way :noparty:

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

last fm 

soundcloud

Let’s pray for physical sales being unusually high because she ain’t touching 100k right now which is terrible considering she’s in a such better shape streaming wise compared to COCC. 40 million monthly listeners. 19 million was the peak for NFR :awkney:.

If she does COCC numbers again istg.

18 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I still probably need to relisten few times but its the first lana album where i wasnt blown away at first listen. I feel like theres no standout tracks but it works as a whole. Grandpa-ltli-margaret is a mess :eartha2: the mixing is so bad its unlistenable for me. The rest of the album is really good tho

Grandpa portion of the album is great - what are you on about? 

i love the album - i just wish there was one proper (radio friendly) bop ala Doin' Time on it to make it more accessible. It's her third album with no bonafide hits in a row. 😩

Hopefully she drops a radio friendly bop solo or collab soon to keep her on billboard (and in public eye). Something fun to perform in concerts. Thank fu*k for snow on the beach, aka her first billboard entry since dont call me angel and her only hit this decade.

23 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

Let the Light In is the Tomorrow Never Came of this album. 

I get the comparisons (several have compared the two) but for me LTLI has something very special that TNC lacks. It has this sensuality and magnetism that wasn’t really there on TNC. In short TNC wishes it were LTLI lol. Def a top song on the album. 

4 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I see album streams stabilizing over 2M per day next month. 

Once the GP finds out about TT/Fish/Peppers.

If she promoted them…they may have stood a chance :crossed:

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, Greenwich Acid said:

is it just me, or is there more lyrical cross-over on this album than usual?

there's a lot of repetition of certain motifs i guess, even between songs that are thematically different, and i can't tell if that's intentional

It is definitely very heavy on the cross references more so than normal. Very interesting. I actually really appreciate it. I think it helps pull things together a bit.