bluechemtrails

Is Lana a role model for you?

Lana has built an extremely successful music career and has many qualities that make her admirable to both women and men. Do you think Lana is a role model for you in some way and what do you particularly appreciate about her?

i don't know if i would necessarily call her a role model for myself (i don't know if i even have any "role models") but i do feel really connected to a lot of her music and the emotions she conveys

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

I wouldn’t exactly say a role model, but she inspires me to find the beautiful moments in small, everyday bits of life and to be present in order to better connect to the psycho experience of being a mortal on this planet :wub: I

aOaIzH2.gif

I guess so, yes. The main reason I like Lana so much is because I see a part of myself in her. She’s fragile but strong at the same time. Sensitive but isn’t afraid to stand her ground and I really like that about her

Absolutely not, but it seems I inadvertently make the same mistakes she does :runs:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

i wouldnt do what she does :oic2: but i admire her strength and pure heart. i adore her and find her life story to be so interesting but im glad i dont *heavily* relate to a lot of the things shes done :smile3:

As others have stated, I wouldn't necessarily call her a "role model" because a. I'm not 14 and b. I wouldn't put that responsability on her lol

But I am absolutely inspired by her, her way of seeing life, of making music and just doing whatever she wants with her art. I know a lot of fans will relate to this: somehow I'm always connected with her emotionally, it seems like we're always going through similar stuff, except for the love life aspect lol. At least that's how I felt from Born to Die to Lust for Life. That's why LFL was such a special moment for me, I felt like I was about to start a new chapter in my life, and so was she. Then from Norman onwards I started to listen to her differently, like actually learning from her and also learning about her. Her current music kind of explains all her past music so it's like full circle. I'm just saying whatever at this point.

I love her so much.

She’s genuinely such a role model for me. Mostly because of her kindness to everyone that is so pure. Also, since I’ve been a fan since I was very young, she introduced me to an unbelievable amount of stuff she refers in her music, or even her personal interests in general. Like Nabokov, metaphysics, movies, singers like Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Stevie nicks and fckn SYLVIA PLATH!! Mostly everything I like and appreciate nowadays is because of her lmao, so crazy to wonder how my life would be if I hadn’t been listening to this sad and melancholic song called Ride in 2012

not a role model by any means - i'd say i've only ever had one, for real, and even with her (rip angel) it was in an abstract sort of way

as far as lana is concerned, she just makes me feel seen? it's not that we've been on the same trajectory or anything but i feel like i can relate to her emotionally, in a very powerful way

this is obviously based on the music she makes, and little else, but at any rate it's helped me more than i know how to convey, when it comes to understanding myself

basically i admire lana's character for sure, but she probably wouldn't want for any one of us to emulate her life, lol

she's messy as fuck and i just feel liberated seeing her express that disarray, freely, it makes me feel less ashamed of how i('ve) handle(d) my own issues

rihKQ8M.gif

i wouldn't say a role model but an inspiration definitely yes.. i remember specifically one thing she said (in a chemtrails interview) where she was like "i'm never afraid to tell somebody exactly how what they did affected me. i'll be like i'm having a shitty day and it's because of you, i don't ever feel bad for saying that to someone" and for some reason that really stuck with me and since then i've been a much more confrontational person (not in an aggressive way) in my interpersonal relationships and they're all much better now and i'm much happier now (and the people who couldn't take accountability are out of my life)

she definitely inspires me in many ways though, her courage to be uncompromising with her heart and her journey is beautiful, her generosity is something to be learned from, her poetry/songwriting is so honest that it makes me remember why i believe lots of the things i do and why i take such special care to preserve my sense of self, she's really just a huge inspiration to me in so many ways i love her  :wub:

I have such an appreciation and strong affiliation with Lana but I don’t necessarily think she’s a role model for me. 

She more resonates with me,  I feel a connection to the music and I can picture the parts of me that I relate to it but I don’t want to model my life to be like her and I know there are definitely things that on a personal level I maybe wouldn’t have the same opinion on 

#freetoedit #lana#lanadelrey#honeymoon

Not a role model, but I admire how she kept striving to reach her goals and kept singing, no matter what. It reminds me to believe in myself and do what I think is best for me, too.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

There was a time when I really looked up to one particular thing she said in the BTD era. 

When asked "what would you say to the haters?"

And she said: "I don't think I would say anything at all"

I was actually kind of shook because I was a very reactive person back then, not in a way that I'd talk back at people but I'd always show a very angry/rude attitude around people who I thought didn't like me. And that must have changed after that. 

Overall I don't think she's been a role model, but she's definitely inspiring. 

In a way, yes...I'm in my mid twenties so I can't say "when I grow up I want to be a famous singer like her" lol but I do have dreams and aspirations that I want to accomplish one day and I think one of the things I find so admirable about her is that she worked so hard to make her dreams come true

Reading about how, in her early-mid twenties, she was singing in small bars and living on peoples couches, writing music, just doing what truly made her happy even if it meant living uncomfortably in some ways, makes me wish I had the motivation she had to go after my dreams like that :oprah:

And like, her endless creativity...I wish I had that too lol :true:

200ddd7056a7178e78239257e8a74baa.gif

white lies and black beaches and blood red sangrias

she's more of an inspiration to me rather than role model however i will always admire her productivity and never ending craving to create art and i wish i had that same drive she does