Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

Spotify US songs (7/13)

#OUT. Katy Perry — Woman's World (-90) (Day 2)

And just for the reference:
#150. Kesha — Joyride (Day 10)
giphy.gif

Karma for working with a rapist producer.

10 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Spotify US songs (7/13)

giphy.gif

Oop

29 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Did she really?

yes :thumb3:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Evergreen said:

Spotify US songs (7/13)

giphy.gif

I really don't get how this works since the streaming numbers don't match. Joyride's streaming numbers in Spotify at Day 10 is only twice Woman's World's numbers at Day 2 and yet it's somehow outperforming it according to some. The numbers just don't add up. 

On another note, upon hearing the other songs she previewed during that IG live, I concur that there are other options she could have chosen as a lead single. I still don't mind the song and I stand by my point that it's not any better or worse than most of her singles since she's always been cheesy and shallow. But at the same time, since she previewed her album, I don't get the logic of using this song as a lead single especially since it's supposed to be her big comeback single when she has other songs to choose from. 

14 minutes ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I really don't get how this works since the streaming numbers don't match. Joyride's streaming numbers in Spotify at Day 10 is only twice Woman's World's numbers at Day 2 and yet it's somehow outperforming it according to some. The numbers just don't add up. 

You're misunderstanding how Spotify charts are calculated. It's about how many new streams the song is gaining per day. Kesha is gaining a million streams per day and the number has been consistently rising since the song came out. Katy gained just over two million streams on debut day and less than half of that on day two, bringing her below Kesha's numbers.

10 minutes ago, Bluelake said:

Surely her team is rethinking their game plan at the moment? For the album rollout 

I imagine they are, but this album will do exactly what this single did, be front loaded week 1 and then drop fast in the weeks after. She may have a couple more semi charting songs over the coming months but this era will be as eventful as her last.

Perry is a 2010's relic nowadays, her appeal to the public are her past hits. The music landscape has changed a lot since she was big, i don't think her brand is what listeners really want anymore. Her appeal really lies in her old hits, if she can throw together a tour or a residency she will probably make a bit of bank on that for the next few years. 

6 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Spotify US songs (7/13)

giphy.gif

Spotify listeners actually seem to have something like taste