ultrabanisters

London, UK @ BST Hyde Park - July 9th, 2023

Wow trying to comprehend last night but this was my first-time seeing Lana after missing out her previous London shows (had tickets to the cancelled 2020), and oh my god she was so perfect! When you could hear her sing she was so majestic and looked like she was having fun, just wished she'd of sung some collabs with that curated lineup!! Managed to get pretty close on the left side of GA with a decent view but kinda wish I went for the golden circle tickets.

Also made friends with others over our distaste for the TikTok crowd that was everywhere lol! Now to wait many more years for her to comeback!

1 hour ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

He said something along the lines of: He heard the song was about him because of the 6'2 and Laurel Canyon lyrics. However they spoke and she told him that the guy was actually 5'8, but that didn't rhyme so she changed it to 6'2. And then he made a joke like "Thanks for that Lana!" 

Who knows if that's true though :creepna3:

I thought it was HILARIOUS that she put the giant photo of him on the main screen during NFR ... Likeeee I see what you're doing Lana!  :gasp:

Yes! Okay, I remember this now.

I think I was maybe too drunk when he was talking idk 

:beyonce:

I have loved Lana like a sister from my first listen to Born to Die. She's been with me through my life's ups & downs. Seen her @2 shows previously The Marquee @ Cork in 2014 & again @ Liverpool Arena 2017. I was soooooo disappointed with the BST last night. Total Lana corporate sell out. What's with the dancers ???? That's not the Lana I've listened to for the last 9 years? Backing singers ? Could barely hear her. Didn't even stay to the end. Absolutely gutted 

18 hours ago, honeymo0n said:

lana when she doesn't sing the collab songs from ocean blvd even tho every featuring artist is performing on the same day at the same festival before her

evillaugh3.gif

in my psychic era :hottie:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

He said something along the lines of: He heard the song was about him because of the 6'2 and Laurel Canyon lyrics. However they spoke and she told him that the guy was actually 5'8, but that didn't rhyme so she changed it to 6'2. And then he made a joke like "Thanks for that Lana!" 

Who knows if that's true though :creepna3:

I thought it was HILARIOUS that she put the giant photo of him on the main screen during NFR ... Likeeee I see what you're doing Lana!  :gasp:

Also when he said they tried to work something out (about singing a collab) but every time they get together for a few hours they just end up “talking about Jesus”

like guys I know you are religious but I deffo think that could be construed as tongue in cheek for.. you know :brows:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

4 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Also when he said they tried to work something out (about singing a collab) but every time they get together for a few hours they just end up “talking about Jesus”

like guys I know you are religious but I deffo think that could be construed as tongue in cheek for.. you know :brows:

He was really having fun stoking those rumours for sure :oopna:

17 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

it was also really nice hearing about how much she loved making tunnel. it seems like she cares alot more for this album that some of her others :wub:

Ocean was my highlight of the entire night. The way she talked about how much it meant to her and that outro :crying5:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Question: I've been to indoor concerts before, but this was my first outdoor festival. I was just behind the barrier in the GA area and it was CHAOS. People were pushing, there barely any room to breath, people were fainting, and I was surrounded by teenagers who were screaming 24/7 to the extent that I could barely hear Lana only really during Candy Necklaces, Bartender, and Arcadia. When I stood on my tippy toes I could just about see a tiny Lana on the stage. 

Is there a better chance of actually hearing Lana the further back you are? Was anyone right at the back, and what was your experience? The atmosphere was insane but I wish I could have heard her better. 

Alsooooooo just realised that I missed the chance of buying a poster (was so intent on getting a t-shirt that I missed it). Is anyone selling one :pray2:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide