lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

It’s starting to make sense to me with this timeline, I’ve always seen PRISONER as the beginning of the LFL era. And it makes TOTAL sense now with the songs we know from that time. If I Die Young and LFL especially. Blue Madonna / GSOYB & Stargirl as well. This soundscape was so underrated by the end of the era I feel, even though it’s how she got there in the first place!! ):

7 minutes ago, mybluenectarofthegods389 said:

@Unknown Was Fine China/Any other outtake (apart from SYTH) reworked for Lust For Life?, and Do you know the title of the when you call… snippet? Thanks

hasnt the when you call snip always been fake

8 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

hasnt the when you call snip always been fake

the instrumental is fake, but i don't know if it has ever been confirmed if the vocals are

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

11 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

im questioning wtfh change is doing on this record, its obviously an underdeveloped song made in 6 hours and sooo bare.... even tho it kinda fits the song itself but it feels so exhausting to listen to it in the album run, yet so many precious Outtakes left unheard, and then we are getting nfr where almost every song is worse than anything on lfl I just can not handle this unfairness im mad this just aint it

the way you showed two of your opinions in this post and both are so unvalid

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

3 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

the way you showed two of your opinions in this post and both are so unvalid

how is opinion about change being underdeveloped is invalid, the song was worked on 6 hours and it clearly shoudve got much more time to be featured on the album, and it wasnt a track from lfl universe till the very last day so

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Just now, lanaismamom said:

how is opinion about change being underdeveloped is invalid, the song was worked on 6 hours and it clearly shoudve got much more time to be featured on the album, and it wasnt a track from lfl universe till the very last day so

i meant the part when you said it's exhausting to listen :ohno: how do we even know it was worked on 6 hours

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

33 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

how is an opinion invalid anyway? They're personal beliefs not necessarily based on facts but our own perspectives, that's the fun of it.

And even tho I disagree on your 'NFR!' hate, your take on 'Change' is literally factual information, the song was done at last minute lmao. Although I personally prefer it over 'Coachella' :awk:

1 minute ago, americangothic said:

how is an opinion invalid anyway? They're personal beliefs not necessarily based on facts but our own perspectives, that's the fun of it.

And even tho I disagree on your 'NFR!' hate, your take on 'Change' is literally factual information, the song was done at last minute lmao. Although I personally prefer it over 'Coachella' :awk:

the lfl that was released is like perfect in its own way and is a very different record from the one that this album started and when thinking i cant really take out a single song from it, like every song that was released literally was supposed to be on there and yeah even tho  this album has so many outtakes during 2016 these outtakes are rather to a different concept, that, probably, wouldve been even better, but im extremely happy with lfl that was shaped during these tough times and eventually came to what it is with political songs, beat sonds, acoustic songs being captured in one record - they are different genres but together feel so cohesive, and just cool to know the first written song and the last, the progress made during this era is just unmeasurable giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y