lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

I've beeeeen waiting for this discussion :lolliney: I'd really love to know more about the album trailer itself. We got the witchy and retrofuturism aesthetics, with some hints of a political theme. I just don't think that the album itself really corresponded to what was hinted at in the trailer. Anyone got any further information on it? 

39 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

I've beeeeen waiting for this discussion :lolliney: I'd really love to know more about the album trailer itself. We got the witchy and retrofuturism aesthetics, with some hints of a political theme. I just don't think that the album itself really corresponded to what was hinted at in the trailer. Anyone got any further information on it? 

In the trailer she hinted the collaborations when she was "cooking" (Abel's XO sign and Sean Ono Lennon's label logo). I think the trailer's monologue corresponds to the album more than the visuals and I feel like the monologue was point of the trailer.

(few years ago I made a whole list of references from the trailer that mentioned the album, if I find it, I'll write them down here)

url%5D

59 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

i cant remember quite exactly honestly :bebe: i think it was either from a magazine quote or the interview she did for LFL premiere on BBC 

she said originally it was 18 tracks, one side with songs like more acoustic and folky, and then a second side more poppy and bright or something like that

someone please tell me im not crazy!

well theres this

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-40073561

Sonically, she says the sound of Lust For Life "jumps around a lot".

"It mixes a more acoustic sound to a heavier beatsy darker sound that's similar to Born To Die."

She admits it's a "really long record" and says she "couldn't leave anything out". It's currently 18 tracks long.

People have already heard the title track, Lust For Life, her duet with The Weeknd, a singer she's worked with numerous times.

She says he has "a one of a kind" voice and has "perfect pitch, perfect everything".

bonus: this one was posted on my 17th bday

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40714557

It's a new dimension for Del Rey's lyrics - which have traditionally concerned themselves with "looking for love in all the wrong places".

"I kind of got jolted into the real world again," she says.

"Just being in California, it's such a liberal state, I was bombarded with the news every day. So my studio became like a think tank - during the elections it was a constant conversation with my producer and engineers and assistant engineers.

"And then obviously during Coachella, that news broke about North Korea and pointing missiles at each other. That was a bit of a rude awakening."

Edited by The Siren

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

(few years ago I made a whole list of references from the trailer that mentioned the album, if I find it, I'll write them down here)

Please do!

46 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

Please do!

It's most likely included in my almost-10-pages long analysis of Lust For Life album I wrote, it's from late 2020/early 2021. If I find it and I have done some corrections, I think I'll post it separetely somewhere (maybe I'll make a blog for it? We'll see).

And yes, I'm crazy for that, since Seotember 2020, I spent like every day analysing the album. I still do it sometimes...:hype:

url%5D

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

its hard to imagine if it was that different, other than the inclusion(s) of TNBAR or Yosemite :oprah:

Yeah most likely because that interview came out about two months before the release so most of the tracks probably didn’t change a lot, also Change probably wasn’t there 

24 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Yeah most likely because that interview came out about two months before the release so most of the tracks probably didn’t change a lot, also Change probably wasn’t there 

i think it came down to discerning whether or not she was finishing the song up until release, or if she really did write it last minute. 

33 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/HHMO89IWYm/file.html

ok... Wait

imagine this is Silverlake

It’s said to be made after Lust for Life btw. I love this one so much, this snippet is just so Lust for Life-ish, it’s about the way she was singing, something in her voice or maybe notes… my most favorite album omg

3 hours ago, Embach said:

In the trailer she hinted the collaborations when she was "cooking" (Abel's XO sign and Sean Ono Lennon's label logo). I think the trailer's monologue corresponds to the album more than the visuals and I feel like the monologue was point of the trailer.

idk if this is an unpopular opinion but i always thought the trailer suited the album quite well. i don't think there was ever truly an original "witchy" version of the album. yeah the album went thru lots of thematic and sonic changes but i feel like the trailer represented the album as it came to be. as you mwntioned, the collabs were already hinted at and the monologue did correspond to the album perfectly. and the aesthetic of the trailer just seemed like a stylistic choice that didn't have to be a straightforward representation of the album but then it also did have a bit of that mix of futuristic and retro that the album does have. and like her being a witch or otherworldly spirit living in the hollywood sign watching over everyone in a mystical but motherly manner kind of does work into the album's perspective as a whole.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

ive grown to enjoy lfl over the years and do still really enjoy some of the songs so the album process has always intrigued me given the amount of changes and switches she made in the making. still urgently need a full valley of the dolls hq/rework though

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

47 minutes ago, Anthony Applewhite said:

It’s said to be made after Lust for Life btw. I love this one so much, this snippet is just so Lust for Life-ish, it’s about the way she was singing, something in her voice or maybe notes… my most favorite album omg

It... sounds like Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, doesn't it? As some sort of "Melody Pass" over bare beat\instrumental. Since we have the early demos of that, I think it's unlikely TO BE some sort of demo but... yeah

6 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

i cant remember quite exactly honestly :bebe: i think it was either from a magazine quote or the interview she did for LFL premiere on BBC 

The quote about "Roses Bloom for You" being an "intro" is from the Zane Lowe Lust for Life interview on BBC Radio One. He sort of cuts her off in the middle of answering his question about the song, so we don't get any further details.

2 minutes ago, Beauty King said:

The quote about "Roses Bloom for You" being an "intro" is from the Zane Lowe Lust for Life interview on BBC Radio One. He sort of cuts her off in the middle of answering his question about the song, so we don't get any further details.

oh Zane will suffer for that one :noparty:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm