Sign in to follow this  
baddisease

The Missing Titanic Submarine Was Using A $30 Video Game Controller

3 minutes ago, baddisease said:

"Catastrophic loss of the pressure chamber",  they said. I hope it was painless.

It was. They did not even realize they are dying. It is happening in less than a second. 

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

Debris consistent with 'catastrophic loss of the pressure chamber'
Coast Guard officials said a remote-operated vehicle found the tail cone of the Titan submersible about 1,600 feet from the bow of the Titanic Thursday morning.

Additional debris found was "consistent with the catastrophic loss of the pressure chamber," Rear Adm. John Mauger, the First Coast Guard District commander, said during a press briefing.

The passengers' families were immediately notified.

Five major pieces of debris were found, including the nose cone, officials said.

The debris indicates there was a "catastrophic implosion" of the vessel, Mauger said.

It's too early to tell when the implosion occurred, officials said.

"This is an incredibly unforgiving environment down there on the seafloor," Mauger said.

giphy.gif

Ngl I was obsessed with this story (like most people I guess) because of the possibility of finding them alive.

Such a tragic way to go. 

The more I think about the whole "why did they go in such a crappy submarine", the more I think they must have feel safe because the pilot was the the co-founder. Obviously, you won't embark on a vessel you're not sure of. 

Hopefully uncertified submarines will be now banned from attempting to reach the wreck. If cars and boats have to go under tests to be used, how is that not mandatory for submarines used for tourism...? 

6 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

Ngl I was obsessed with this story (like most people I guess) because of the possibility of finding them alive.

Such a tragic way to go. 

The more I think about the whole "why did they go in such a crappy submarine", the more I think they must have feel safe because the pilot was the the co-founder. Obviously, you won't embark on a vessel you're not sure of. 

Hopefully uncertified submarines will be now banned from attempting to reach the wreck. If cars and boats have to go under tests to be used, how is that not mandatory for submarines used for tourism...? 

Actually there is a lawsuit against OceanGate since 2018 regarding safety of this submarine https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/titanic-submarine-oceangate-hull-safety-lawsuit/

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

12 minutes ago, racecar said:

Actually there is a lawstuit against OceanGate since 2018 regarding safety of this submarine https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/titanic-submarine-oceangate-hull-safety-lawsuit/

Yep, I saw that, but apparently it still couldn't prevent them to go see the Titanic. It's just wild to me that an uncertified submarine could exit the warehouse. 

I guess they got around that by claiming it was experimental. Though I believe experimental vessels should be banned for touristic purposes. It's common sense not to use untrained people as guinea pigs. :stareney:

I can no longer like comments, it keeps saying there was a problem when reacting. It's frustrating, I want to like so many comments here sjdksjskdj. 

These people remind me of that one famous woman who died on top of a car. Her death has pretty much turned into an art piece and she never even knew. Similarly these people died with zero idea how famous they'll be. 

I think the conversation focuses too much on the dislike of wealthy people and not the lack of government regulations and standards. How in the world was this mission approved? You can go to prison for bringing a firearm you own into another state or posessing marijuana but somehow this guy was allowed to legally put all these people's lives at risk. 

The last time I was so invested in search & rescue efforts over days was for the Thailand cave rescue 5 years ago. Sad that this one didn't end well, but the thought of retrieving their bodies after oxygen ran out  after who knows how long, was such a horrible thought. I hope they didn't feel or notice a thing. 

5 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

That's very sad actually

To be honest to die at 19 years old at the bottom of the ocean with his father is kind of a cool way to go out if he has too. At least he was with his family. 

Just now, Dior said:

To be honest to die at 19 years old at the bottom of the ocean with his father is kind of a cool way to go out if he has too. At least he was with his family. 

Urmmmm- honey I know you meant well but I don’t think there’s a silver lining here

22 minutes ago, Dior said:

kind of a cool way to go out lmaoo stfu

let's all go to the bottom of the ocean guys

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

32 minutes ago, Dior said:

But he didn't want to. There's no way to make this cool 

4 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

But he didn't want to. There's no way to make this cool 

I think Dior used the wrong word. But at the end of the day, the inevitability of death is just the tragedy of life we will all face. Those two were in each other's embrace. It's not the absolute worse way to go. 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I don’t necessarily feel that bad for them (besides the 19 year old) because 1. It’s hard to feel bad for billionaires and 2. How do you spend $250k on something that was so clearly unsafe… but Jesus that is such a scary way to die and I keep having to remind myself that I will never have to go on a submarine in my life😭😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Maybe other billionaires will look at this situation and decide to put their money into causes that actually benefit humanity rather than flexing their disgusting level of wealth for purposes that inevitably harm those around them. Wont happen tho. Society places too much trust into ppl like Musk and the idiot who founded this death machine.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

On 6/21/2023 at 12:52 PM, Veinsineon said:

The Atlantic Ocean is a very angry ocean

atlantic ocean in her emo era

stan-twitter-bettysparty.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Them surviving would be the best case scenario, but if they had to die, immediate and painless is better than the nightmare I was picturing. It is haunting to think their bodies will rest near those who went down on the Titanic (the news said it's unlikely they can be recovered). 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt