Sign in to follow this  
baddisease

The Missing Titanic Submarine Was Using A $30 Video Game Controller

It's really horrible... Even if they are all rich, I can't imagine what they are going through or have been through if they are still alive 
I'm claustrophobic and can't watch or listen to the countdown without getting anxious :toofunny:
Really weird that a submarine with such safety issues can be launched 
That we find them as soon as possible even if the clock is ticking 

another case of rich people having more money than they know what to do with…

what a terrifying way to go too.. :biblio:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

The Titanic submarine has officially ran out of oxygen.

GixkF5X_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I mean generally I have a difficult time feeling sorry for rich people but in this case I do because what a horrible way to die

I hope that some sort of new standards are put in place

Idgaf if it's in international waters, it shouldn't just be "anything goes"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

14 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

The Titanic submarine has officially ran out of oxygen.

GixkF5X_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

RIP

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

god, what an absolutely horrific way to pass. even if all of them were alive up until the very end (which i doubt quite highly, being in such a limited space in the dark could turn anyone to psychosis), just to think of the stench and vomit and excrement they’d be surrounded by while spiralling into an extreme anxiety and depression just makes me so sad. 

i get my boyfriend to pick me up every friday at the dairy queen

It’s really surreal to me that now, as a whole, the internet will find something tragic like this and make jokes about it. Not saying it’s more or less sad because they decided to splurge and go on the excursion… not saying people can’t use humor as a coping mechanism… it’s just super surreal to me that in the 90 hours this has been happening, there’s been more memes, jokes, and “they deserved it”s than I’ve really ever seen for a tragedy like this. We are in such weird times. Idk if I am comfortable making fun of random people dying so horribly, or if the internet is actually dying these days and everyone wants to be in on the joke together , or what. Just needed to say It’s weird and it feels weird and I hope someone else sees things this way too

19 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

It’s really surreal to me that now, as a whole, the internet will find something tragic like this and make jokes about it. Not saying it’s more or less sad because they decided to splurge and go on the excursion… not saying people can’t use humor as a coping mechanism… it’s just super surreal to me that in the 90 hours this has been happening, there’s been more memes, jokes, and “they deserved it”s than I’ve really ever seen for a tragedy like this. We are in such weird times. Idk if I am comfortable making fun of random people dying so horribly, or if the internet is actually dying these days and everyone wants to be in on the joke together , or what. Just needed to say It’s weird and it feels weird and I hope someone else sees things this way too

It's so well said. Talking like an old person but dying is not a funny thing, and unless these people were terrorists or Hitler's enforcers, I don't think anyone on this planet rich or poor deserves to leave like this. The internet has made people insensitive, curious in the wrong way, and disrespectful. It's all good to be the winner of the contest of the one who will stand out the most. And it's not about to end with the number of leftovers exploding via these brainless applications.

i'm sorry i just cannot sympathise with people who were aware that their lives were in the hands of a video game controller that cost $30. it is kinda funny. the only person i truly feel sorry for is the 19 year old, i can't even fathom how utterly stupid his dad was to bring him along.

i do think some of the wilder jokes are a little tasteless, but i can't even bring myself to care when hundreds of migrants are left to die at sea every single day... i don't have the capacity to care about both either, some things are just more important than others 

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

I agree, its a terrible situation and the more I think about it, the worse it is :(

I feel so bad for the 19 year old too, to die so young like that is just so sad

Tragedies at sea happen so often, but I think its the thought/hope that they were still alive and suffering makes it worse. If there was confirmation that the sub was damaged and they died immediately, I don't think people would care so much about it either

1 hour ago, partymonster said:

i'm sorry i just cannot sympathise with people who were aware that their lives were in the hands of a video game controller that cost $30. it is kinda funny. the only person i truly feel sorry for is the 19 year old, i can't even fathom how utterly stupid his dad was to bring him along.

i do think some of the wilder jokes are a little tasteless, but i can't even bring myself to care when hundreds of migrants are left to die at sea every single day... i don't have the capacity to care about both either, some things are just more important than others 

Right sis, a boat filled with immigrants with FIVE HUNDRED people went missing and you barely hear a whisper about it.  The media has spoken very loudly, and it’s saying only wealthy lives matter. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Nobody deserves to die at the bottom of the ocean, but I do think they brought it on themselves. They could have gotten a GOOD submarine if they didn't unnecessarily cheap out on it and didn't opt for a tin can with computer screens as windows and knockoff video game controllers as controller for the sub.

I don't wanna make fun of them, but they had to have known the immense risk of going in a cheaply built "submarine" before they did it.

giphy.gif

Is it not most likely it imploded, I haven't read or seen much about it but I think they first said it lost contact with the other one that was with it and they could track where it was when it lost contact. Made it seem more like when a plane crashes and all the data just stops as everythings destroyed, rather than it just got lost. They've probably been dead from the start.

31 minutes ago, Barry said:

Is it not most likely it imploded, I haven't read or seen much about it but I think they first said it lost contact with the other one that was with it and they could track where it was when it lost contact. Made it seem more like when a plane crashes and all the data just stops as everythings destroyed, rather than it just got lost. They've probably been dead from the start.

I hope so…beats a slow painful death over 96 hours

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

It would be a nicer world if we spent as much time, energy and government resources on real issues instead of a group of people who took an educated and obvious risk. Maybe the government should explain if people want to do these outrageous things, they won't bail them out like they do in Washington. Perhaps they'll think twice. 

1 hour ago, Barry said:

That's what most experts said at the beginning of the search. 

Considering the cheap built of the submarine, I wouldn't be surprised it had a vicinity that led to an implosion (which would certainly be a better death, if that even exists). I'd rather have them dead quickly and without much pain than spiraling and suffocating for days, anxiously awaiting their fate.

Spoiler

TW: death and details about that. 

Suffocating really is the worst. 

I don't know why the media say it's painless and seems like slumber because it's not. It's true if they succombed to hypothermia first, but then again, hypothermia means you'd have to suffer intense cold before the body shuts down. If you ever experienced harsh cold temperature, you know how awful it is. Especially in a environment like a submarine, where it's wet because of condensation. Now suffocating really is like choking. It burns your lungs and leads you to panic. It's a slow and terrible way to die. I guess most people say/believe it's like slumber because it makes it easier to cope with, but it's absolutely not. 

Though I guess the better outcome would have been to find them alive.

What I find most surprising is the fact they lost contact only one hour after the submarine got into waters early in the morning. They were supposed to come back at 7pm, I think, and the guys on the main ship reported the disappearance two hours later (so at 9pm, almost a whole day after they lost contact). 

I'm sorry, but what the fuck were they doing? Aren't they supposed to monitor things? Why didn't they report the disappearance as soon as contact got lost? :usrsney: