Sign in to follow this  
baddisease

The Missing Titanic Submarine Was Using A $30 Video Game Controller

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

obviously it was a stupid decision for anybody to embark on this, given how unsafe it is, but the thought of being stuck in a submarine deep in the ocean, knowing you're likely going to die sounds horrific and i can't imagine how everybody who is there is feeling right now

One of them is the CEO

Imagine being him trapped with the four others

The whole thing was essentially his idea and responsibility and the others are probably panicking/mad af at this point

There's only about 12 hours of oxygen left now, I think

It's so dumb that they have no way to open it and deploy a lifeΒ raft or fllares or some shit even if they are on the surface. They are literally bolted in and need someone from outside to undo it

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

This thing sounds like a death trapΒ 

It's so baffling to me that theΒ company didn't have a plan B for such outcomesΒ 

Edited by Deadly Nightshade

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

20 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

the others are probably panicking/mad af at this point

Β 

Not on this plane of existence, imo...

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

π“Š”Β I took the miracle move on drugΒ π“Š”

βš•οΈΒ The effects were temporaryΒ βš•οΈ

I was just reading that because it's WHITE it's difficult for search planes and ships to see becauseΒ of the white caps on the wavesΒ 

I didn't think of that but yeah ... if it were orange or some shit it'd obviously be easier

They really said "fuck safety"

the kicker of all this is that they wouldn't even be able to SEE the Titanic directly. They would use computer screens to! They really didn't need to go down there just for that.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

the kicker of all this is that they wouldn't even be able to SEE the Titanic directly. They would use computer screens to! They really didn't need to go down there just for that.

Β 

this is what gets me the most. like I said before, they really should've just watched titanic at their private movie theaters and call it a day

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

"Paul-Henri Nargolet, 77, is a French explorer and the director of underwater research at a company that owns the rights to the Titanic wreck."

I was surprised that anyone could "own" the Titanic wreck but silly me, rich white men have to own everything, especially land and historic artefacts that they have no connection to

2 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

they are definitely gonna make a movie about it in a few years. But tbh this is scary af I can't even imagine what they're going through right now as we speak...

In a way it would have been better if it imploded cause thats instant death and hardly any suffering.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

In a way it would have been better if it imploded cause thats instant death and hardly any suffering.

I’ve definitely been thinking the same thing. I don’t see them making it out of this so I hope for their sake death was instant and they aren’t still suffering. Otherwise even though they still have oxygen I’ve read reports that their organs could already be shuttingΒ down for various reasons ….

3 minutes ago, emliqua said:

I’ve definitely been thinking the same thing. I don’t see them making it out of this so I hope for their sake death was instant and they aren’t still suffering. Otherwise even though they still have oxygen I’ve read reports that their organs could already be shuttingΒ down for various reasons ….

Β 

other than the immense fear from being conscious for 96 hours and stuck in a cold dark tube, the actual death by suffocation would be painless, from my understanding. You'd go to sleep and lose consciousnessΒ before major organ failure, so it would be relatively peaceful--like that Greek airliner that underwent rapid decompression.Β 

Just now, Mer said:

Β 

other than the immense fear from being conscious for 96 hours and stuck in a cold dark tube, the actual death by suffocation would be painless, from my understanding. You'd go to sleep and lose consciousnessΒ before major organ failure, so it would be relatively peaceful--like that Greek airliner that underwent rapid decompression.Β 

That’s good. I just heard that even though they still have oxygen left between them breathing so heavily from fear etc and the amount of carbon dioxide they are breathing out the air quality would not be good at this point.Β 

1 minute ago, emliqua said:

That’s good. I just heard that even though they still have oxygen left between them breathing so heavily from fear etc and the amount of carbon dioxide they are breathing out the air quality would not be good at this point.Β 

Β 

I really don't think they're alive at this point. Even the 96 hours was a rough estimate...

Β 

It's very sad, especially the 18 year old who had is life ahead of him. All gone due to a vanity trip to see the Titanic.Β 

8 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

No that didn’t happen, they never locked the 3rd class away, it was only in the movie for dramatic effect. John Jacob Astor,Β Benjamin Guggenheim,Β Isidor Straus some the world’s richest men at the time died on Titanic. Β 

Turns out the CEO's wife is his great great granddaughter

Is it too soonΒ to talk aboutΒ curses?

7 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Turns out the CEO's wife is his great great granddaughter

Is it too soonΒ to talk aboutΒ curses?

Β 

I also think you're tempting fate too much by calling your company OceanGate and calling your submersible TitanΒ :awkney: