Lana to be featured on 'Life Lesson' from Jon Batiste's new album - Out Now

32 minutes ago, Lanasvape said:

I bet he’s shaking in his boots knowing YOU of all people won’t listen to his song ever again. I bet you’re really making a big dent in his bank account. How ever will he recover from this 🙁

Ate :umadney:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Gave it a couple of listens and here are my thoughts:

- once you listen to it for what it is, without expectations, it’s very good, very heartbreaking, not so much Sunday church vibes like I first heard it. The song really picks up its pace when she finishes her first verse. I was hoping for Candy Necklace X more jazzy vibes à la Buddy’s RV, but it’s giving instead Candy Necklace meets  Sweet. Very « Disney ». Love their voices together and we do get the wordiness of OB tracks. Time will tell if I’ll love it more than Hollywood Bowl. 
- I hadn’t associated Candy Necklace to a possible Sean track, but after hearing Life Lesson (which is clearly about him), and after realization that CN is just after A&W, CN gets a new meaning in that regard. 
- I wonder if all the tracks Lana and Jon recorded were about Sean :um2:

- Anyone else feels bad for both Clay and Mike H, considering she probably wasn’t over Sean when she was dating these two? :tsk:

3 minutes ago, x VB said:

What if this was the song that was later switched with Candy Necklace?

wasn't it zodiac?

url%5D

What the fuck. This is one of the best Lana songs released in this decade. Their voices sound great, Jon sounds powerful. His piano playing as always mesmerizing. The lyrics are heartbreaking. I love their chemistry.

This is the only fandom I've ever seen to criticize even the smaller things, such as a non-single feature in another artist's album.

Now I need them to make a song for a movie and win an Oscar/Grammy together.

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

What the fuck. This is one of the best Lana songs released in this decade. Their voices sound great, Jon sounds powerful. His piano playing as always mesmerizing. The lyrics are heartbreaking. I love their chemistry.

This is the only fandom I've ever seen to criticize even the smaller things, such as a non-single feature in another artist's album.

Now I need them to make a song for a movie and win an Oscar/Grammy together.

Seriously. Everything.

IMG-1607.jpg

Just now, SuperMegaStan said:

it's a cute duet (until i read the lyrics and see how cvnty and savage it is :deadbanana:)

Wait I just read the lyrics properly and realised too :hide: I was thrown off by some of the "Never second guess yourself" shit that came off as advice which is always corny in songs

4 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Wait I just read the lyrics properly and realised too :hide: I was thrown off by some of the "Never second guess yourself" shit that came off as advice which is always corny in songs

"She's not your type. It made me smile"

:creepna2:

"I hope it's cold where you reside"

:creepna2:

she did not just write a diss track with a disney movie-sque piano melody with jon batiste :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

Well…I don’t get the Hollywood bowl comparison at all :bebe:

it’s cute, but I’ll probably never listen to it again. 

interlude >>>> candy necklace > life lessons 

"Don’t forget me"