-----------

HELL TIER

Don't Call Me Angel

for now

:godlaugh:

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Well…I don’t get the Hollywood bowl comparison at all :bebe:

it’s cute, but I’ll probably never listen to it again. 

interlude >>>> candy necklace > life lessons 

Because some Lana stans would say Love song and Candy Necklace sound the same because they both feature piano. Just like some fans hear a single guitar chord and instantly think OMG UV 2.0

This is sublime. Jon sounds gorgeous as well. She is so above and beyond whatever box or category you want her to satisfy.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

well it's not comparable to candy necklace at all but it's good!

the mic thing really is a bummer tho, but the lyrics and vocals are eating

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just listened and I really like it! I love the shade to Sean and his wife too :smile2:

But also it gives such an interesting perspective, where Lana is speaking to his wife instead of to/about Sean...it reminds me of what she said during that one live performance of Chemtrails, something like "you were engaged while we were in couples therapy together,  I wonder what she would think if she knew"

I feel like Lana really wants her to know lol :true:

I'm listening to the whole album and I definitely can see why it's a bonus track lmao I'm already on track 14 and so far everything is so upbeat and VERY different from both candy necklace and life lesson

it seems that he liked it so much he didn't give af and decided to put it on the album anyway because he loves lana

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

Well…I don’t get the Hollywood bowl comparison at all :bebe:

it’s cute, but I’ll probably never listen to it again. 

interlude >>>> candy necklace > life lessons 

It’s different from Hollywood Bowl indeed, but both songs have piano at their core to support the melody and is the main instrument of the production. Thematically,  very different, also vocally. Although they are different, I « compare » them (or will compare them over time) for their replay value: piano-driven Lana songs are either in my faves from her (CN, Kintsugi surprisingly) or I barely listen to them (WFWF, Cherry Blossom… sorry :bebe:)

11 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

ok ntm on the top 10 career moment that is sweet now… lets give her the flowers she deserves

listened to the new jon song a few times and i actually am enjoying it tbh. will probably listen this week then put it down until we cross paths again via shuffle

It’s all fun & games, Sweet is definitely top 14 off the album <3

42 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Just listened and I really like it! I love the shade to Sean and his wife too :smile2:

But also it gives such an interesting perspective, where Lana is speaking to his wife instead of to/about Sean...it reminds me of what she said during that one live performance of Chemtrails, something like "you were engaged while we were in couples therapy together,  I wonder what she would think if she knew"

I feel like Lana really wants her to know lol :true:

i would go on to make further psychoanalysis about how her desire for her hurt feelings and pain to be known by the woman in that relationship is a subconscious recreation of her deep need to be validated and heard by her own mother who probably offered her nothing after the years of trauma and abandonment she imposed, but that might be too much for a lovely friday on the analboards :true:

4 minutes ago, 111 said:

i would go on to make further psychoanalysis about how her desire for her hurt feelings and pain to be known by the woman in that relationship is a subconscious recreation of her deep need to be validated and heard by her own mother who probably offered her nothing after the years of trauma and abandonment she imposed, but that might be too much for a lovely friday on the analboards :true:

Deep... 

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

I like it, but it feels like 2 different songs. It's almost like Jon wrote and recorded his own twee lyrics after the fact over a Lana song. Their voices kinda don't go well together on this song IMO. But I like it enough to play it and maybe it'll grow on me more.

15 minutes ago, 111 said:

:gclap:

The lyrics seem like they were written in a few minutes—"things were peachy keen"?--and "always listen to your heart" can be a recipe for disaster. 

I would have liked it more if Lana sang the entire song. It's a nice little boost while she's going through this very successful period of her life and career, another feather in her cap, at least theoretically. 

i feel like the song would've sounded way better if lana's vocals/mic wasn't so muffled :bliss: besides that tho, i quite like it, but it will probably take some time for me to get used to it tho.. some parts of the song i absolutely love, while others seem out of place, which makes the track feel a little bit disjointed?

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

14 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

actually, I like it when Jon does the backing vocals... in this part:

I think the problem with the song is that their voices feel like they don't fit together.

Agree, I am kind of wishing that Jon would have just done backing vocals on his own album LOL. This song with just Jon on piano and backing vocals would be a completely different song, reallllly good!

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years