Embach

Lana's Songs That You Have Misinterpreted

6 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

she’s saying “if you want the butter…” in reference to the previous line which is “throw me round like a hot potato”

the throw me round like a hot potato line makes me SCREAM :eartha: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

In Wait for Life, I like to think she says "...wait for life to end"

We don't have the official lyrics (I think?) and some people hear different things, but to me that's the best one lol

I hear “I Wait for Life to win, but it never comes around” 😭

I remember vividly when Lust for Life leaked listening to Get Free for the first time and thinking it was about Lana committing suicide :toofunny:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

interesting interpretation, elaborate more?

Dying man = Jesus

"The stars fade from your eyes" / "Love lying in the sand" - it's a juxtaposition of the millions of grains of sand and far away planets (stars) God has created

"Do I know Ray has gone to meet you?" - She's playfully telling God, her boyfriend has went away to meet him

"One two, make it fun, don't trust anyone..." Psalm 118:8 - It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. 

The last part of the Kill Kill is also a double negative equating to a positive. You cannot kill God; God's dead. But from what I understand her producer influenced her changing the title. I think it was originally Florida Dark or something. (LOL... I hope that isn't "unreleased" information.) 

44 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

she’s saying “if you want the butter…” in reference to the previous line which is “throw me round like a hot potato”

43 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

pretty sure its butter :thumb3:

IT LITERALLY DOESNT SOUND LIKE THAT

I can’t even get it out of my head

49 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

the throw me round like a hot potato line makes me SCREAM :eartha: 

no cuz WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

11 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

IT LITERALLY DOESNT SOUND LIKE THAT

I can’t even get it out of my head

she says it in a weird english accent or something, it confused me too at first

Edited by drugsdesire

1 hour ago, Strangelove said:

Dying man = Jesus

"The stars fade from your eyes" / "Love lying in the sand" - it's a juxtaposition of the millions of grains of sand and far away planets (stars) God has created

"Do I know Ray has gone to meet you?" - She's playfully telling God, her boyfriend has went away to meet him

"One two, make it fun, don't trust anyone..." Psalm 118:8 - It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. 

The last part of the Kill Kill is also a double negative equating to a positive. You cannot kill God; God's dead. But from what I understand her producer influenced her changing the title. I think it was originally Florida Dark or something. (LOL... I hope that isn't "unreleased" information.) 

i don't know if the title "kill kill" has much significant meaning, the title of the song became "kill kill" after david kahne told her the title "the ocean" was boring so she wrote "kill kill" on a piece of paper while angry

also, "florida dark" came from one of her uploads of the music video

WGe8ynS.gif

it's more of a misheard situation but the first time i heard A&W, when she says "your mom called, i told her, you're fucking up big time / but i don't care baby i already lost my mind" i heard "but i don't care baby, i already lost mine" and was very gagged :shock:

9 hours ago, genghis khan said:

i'm still convinced that it's about SA

anyways 

oop 

@Embach gurl you even commented on it already

No, misheard and misinterpretion are different things.

It's about the meanings and metaphors that you translated in a wrong way.

url%5D

9 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

I thought this fingertips line was about SA not suicide attempt ( when I was 15 naked next door neighbor did a drive by pulled me up by my waist long hair )

Not me finding out here that it's about suicide :eek3:

Thank you to @ivory almond and @fl0r1dakil0s for explaining it though, now I understand the song better but it's still such a tragic song

url%5D

50 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Tbh “Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie” flew completely over my head the first time I heard it.

I read it more as like her announcing to a crowd to get down as in twerk :rip:

I thought hands on your knees was a type of dancing though, similar to twerking?

8 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

I thought hands on your knees was a type of dancing though, similar to twerking?

it definitely is! I think this post will do a better job explaining the meaning as it pertains to the song, which isn’t twerking the way you and I thought :defeated:

11 hours ago, ivory almond said:

i think misheard + misinterpretation can be merged even tho they're 2 diff things

in the following line, she says "long hair to the beachside, i wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes..."
so basically,

Hide contents

lana tried to drown herself in the ocean, and she was naked when she went in, but her neighbors did a "drive-by" and saved her from the attempt

And she says 

"I wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes

That he caught on Rhode Island beaches

But, sometimes, it's just not your time".

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy