Embach

Lana's Songs That You Have Misinterpreted

12 hours ago, ivory almond said:

When I first listened to Thunder, I thought when she said "Just do it, don't wait," she meant that she wanted the person to just come in and crash her life like thunder, mess everything up, and get it over with. But apparently she meant to just leave her already. i took it as the literal opposite :toofunny:

Do you think it could be both? Maybe the irony how infatuation is a mirage . . .

When I became a stan, I did have some few very weird misinterpretations:

Many years ago, when I listened to West Coast, I always used to think this song and especially that line: "I can see my baby swinging, his Parliament's on fire and his hands are up" was about how Lana introduced the life of West Coast to her British boyfriend who is an arsonist and who set a fire to the British Parliament building and I also thought it was a reference to Claude Monet's painting of that building, when I thought that it was on fire until I realised it was a sun :lanasrs:

house-of-parliament-sun-jpg-Large.jpg

But how did I find out the real meaning? When I was in a store, there was a guy who wanted to buy cigarettes and he told the cashier that he wanted Parliament and when I heard it I was like :wat: and when Lana made the smoking hand gesture in live shows while singing West Coast I understood the song way more than I used to.

Also when I listened to High By The Beach for the first time I thought that "getting high" means feeling closer to heaven or "going upstairs to feel closer to heaven" or something "Stairway To Heaven" reference, god how stupid I was. When she used that "getting high" line in other songs in drug context and when other singers used that line too, I found out the real meaning lol :oop2:

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

When I became a stan, I did have some few very weird misinterpretations:

Many years ago, when I listened to West Coast, I always used to think this song and especially that line: "I can see my baby swinging, his Parliament's on fire and his hands are up" was about how Lana introduced the life of West Coast to her British boyfriend who is an arsonist and who set a fire to the British Parliament building and I also thought it was a reference to Claude Monet's painting of that building, when I thought that it was on fire until I realised it was a sun :lanasrs:

WHAT I THOUGHT THAT HE HAD THE CLAP

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

Also about Fine China, while I know what this song is about and I also understand the meaning of this metaphor which I really like: "The rain was fire, but we were wooden". But everytime she sings it, an image of Minecraft appears in my head how the fire burns wooden blocks.

sr6nci0xdwj31.jpg

url%5D

2 hours ago, LycaneInMoonlight said:

In fuck my way the line " you got nothing, i got tested" was about sexual disease test loool

I am CRYING! :thumb2:. Because why would she say to him "I gave no you STDs" omg HAHA. This has to be the best post on this site.

For a while I thought Yayo was a pretty straightforward love song too, without the double entendre refering to drugs. I'm not a native english speaker and at the time I didn't know ''yayo'' was another name for coke. On top of the slang meaning, It's a nickname -a diminutive of sorts for certain names like Eduardo- and at the time there was a very big youtuber in the mexican YT community named Yayo Gutierrez, so everytime I heard the song I was reminded of the youtuber :lel:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

On 9/13/2016 at 10:08 PM, reputation said:

when in Fine China, I heard "I'm so me, Corinthians" when it said "Strong like a tree, but the unlucky one"

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

It's probably wrong but I've always thought she was referencing Franz Marc, Kandinsky and his Blue Knight in Shades Of Cool.

I still think she says "I'm one of many ponies blue" in live performances :crossed:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

15 hours ago, Strangelove said:

I used to think Kill Kill was about her being with an older man before understanding it's a song about her relationship with God. 

I think you were right the first time idk. Whether or not the man is older, I do think it's about a relationship. The 'dying' part isn't literal, tho (maybe. who knows)

Also you can read more about my Ray theory here lmao. The link to Arthur's blog is gone now, but you can view one of the posts here.

On 11/2/2015 at 9:49 AM, graham4anything said:

This has been on my mind since the first time I heard Ride what, 4 years ago now the day it was released-

the official lyric says

I hear birds on the summer breeze

NO

Based on all the references in so many songs to music- it has to be

I hear (THE) BYRDS on "The Summer Breeze" and if not mistaken there is a spotify site that is "The Summer Breeze"

and that makes more sense as Lana is driving fast (wind in her hair) in her car in the entire song "I just ride...ride"

and the Byrds would fit

especially in Ride and the American (which is an alter reality version of Born to Run (even her woo hoos are just a lower volume Bruce born to run )

(much like David Lynch Mulholland Drive is the alter-reality version of Sunset Blvd.

i think of this post everytime i listen to ride

WGe8ynS.gif

i think Let Me Love You Like A Woman comes across as a pretty straight forward love song, but i suppose in some ways i misinterpreted it - after Lana put the music video out, it seemed less like it was intended to be a romantic love song and more of a platonic/familial love song about her friends and family and how she wants to take care of them :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

On 3/12/2018 at 11:48 PM, graham4anything said:

and BTW, 

13 beaches may just be the single best song about the aftermath of rape ever.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

16 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Is someone able to explain (in a spoiler maybe for others tw) how this is about suicide? It's going straight past me

I think she herself stated that she tried to commit as a teenager by drowning. Also Patent Leather Do Over is connected.

On 4/21/2013 at 7:36 AM, Trinity said:

In Diet Mountain Dew it says:

"There in his white Pontiac Heaven"

I thought it said:

"Ridin' his white pony named Kevin"

this is one of the best posts on this site :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif