Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, yourbandisalltherage said:

LDRX will just be aka’s rerelease. It’s so obvious. 

lizzy pfp and pre ldr username saying this.. i think there’s some bias here

I’m more intrigued about the topics on this record than the producers, to be honest. With the last two records, she gave us so many context clues about her lyrical headspace before we even heard the music. She said on the Billboard Women in Music red carpet that she’s “worked [her thoughts on family karma] all out through the writing” and she’s excited to see where she goes next - but I feel that we don’t have any idea of where she’s going next, which is so exciting.

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m more intrigued about the topics on this record than the producers, to be honest. With the last two records, she gave us so many context clues about her lyrical headspace before we even heard the music. She said on the Billboard Women in Music red carpet that she’s “worked [her thoughts on family karma] all out through the writing” and she’s excited to see where she goes next - but I feel that we don’t have any idea of where she’s going next, which is so exciting.

Yeah, she pretty much said she's written all she feels she needs to about her family so I'm glad that era is over, we can move on and hear something new and fresh. The family stuff on Ocean Blvd is good but I feel like we've gotten a lot between Blue Banisters and Ocean Blvd, even some on Chemtrails, so a new direction is absolutely welcome 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

12 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I was gonna say I hope she does not work with the person who produced Fishtail and I realized it’s Jack Antoffon :biblio: Well I hope she does not work with him for another cheap sounding trap song.

Unfortunately for us, he's definitely coming back :poordat:

Last.FM

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

She said on the Billboard Women in Music red carpet that she’s “worked [her thoughts on family karma] all out through the writing” and she’s excited to see where she goes next

I think with OB she laid it all out there, in a very raw, and at times, rough way (automatic songwriting, she called it?). I think in this record, she’ll take those deeply confessional, “stream-of-consciousness” moments, and refine them a bit more than on OB. I obviously haven’t a clue, but if I had to guess (and wishfully think) I think the next album will be something between “Fingertips” and “Heroin”, where she tightens up those raw lyrics and long streams of thoughts, and creates these really intricate narratives, but with more traditional songwriting structures and elements (sort of like she did on Grandfather, perhaps?). 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

6 minutes ago, WaitForLife said:

What If we get another LFL themed album?

With another Coachella - WIMM, but instead of hating it, we love it instantly

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

What I want in this record :

1- white dress 2.0

2- full song with black bathing suit’s outro style 

3- full song with her “dance till we die” bridge vocal

4- no interludes

5- all songs must be +4 min long

6- no sampling, it was cute at first

and the list goes on :hype:

Tiny thing but I feel like Jack's March 20th entry is isn't referring to the studio per se but rather LA. Obviously he is still saying that he's happy to come back to LA as much as needed for them to keep working together, but my sense is he's more so talking about her refusal to leave the city despite his feelings that its "never too easy here"

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

7 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

With another Coachella - WIMM, but instead of hating it, we love it instantly

didn't we like it for like a week and then we hated it when we realized how generic it sounded? lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

34 minutes ago, WaitForLife said:

What If we get another LFL themed album?

But with the originally witchy vibe :pray2:

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

if she let the church choir go i wouldn't be upset. i liked hearing them a little bit but it's like having a feature on songs - i just need lana herself honestly. no features, no random choir lol also, if she's gonna do a choir song again, at least feature them on the track name. it seems kinda weird not giving them a feature credit

giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, American Whore said:

didn't we like it for like a week and then we hated it when we realized how generic it sounded? lol

Yes, it wasn’t Stairway To Heaven like we expected

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I want Tropico/early Honeymoon session vocals. Crazy For You, Lake Placid, Pink Champagne, Madly. And should I mention Life is Beautiful, Big Eyes, and I Can Fly?
Go deep girl :cumming2: