Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

55 minutes ago, Pink Champagne said:

This is stunning. Do we know who produced it?

35 minutes ago, Crazy for You said:

my god this is so beautiful:hair:who produced this?

Nostalghia herself, I think...

url%5D

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I think it was Ian Doerr & he was involved on Candy Necklace if I remember correctly 

Tysm <3

url%5D

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Something different. Something upbeat in the vein of 'Serene Queen.' Something that doesn't sound like previous songs, the way 'TJF' and 'Fishtail' sound similar, or the way 'Sweet Carolina' and 'Hollywood Bowl' do. 

Though I like a lot of her deeply personal songs ('13 Beaches,' 'Yosemite'), I also like songs where she steps out of herself and/or plays roles, like on 'WTWWAWWKOD' or 'Brooklyn Baby,' or early tracks like 'Meet Me In the Pale Moonlight'  or 'Live Or Die.' 

Whatever, she going to do what she wants to do, and that's as it should be. Maybe working at the Waffle House--a step down from The Cracker Barrel--will inspire her anew; maybe she'll see "clouds in her coffee." 

Which song is WTWWAWWKOD please? 😂

I take anything, but as someone else here wrote, I really wish she won't release this too soon, at least not before mid of next year. I am still not "through" with tunnel and even a few other albums. 

It was expensive watch it 

4 minutes ago, Olympia said:

I take anything, but as someone else here wrote, I really wish she won't release this too soon, at least not before mid of next year. I am still not "through" with tunnel and even a few other albums. 

I think it's When the world was at war etcetc

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

4 minutes ago, Olympia said:

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Kind of hilarious that this fandom has reached the stage where we basically get confirmation of upcoming projects by Waffle House employees Lana randomly worked with in Alabama.:silly:

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

1 minute ago, marcodelrey said:

I think it's When the world was at war etcetc

Just now, Ocean Boulevard said:

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

Ah right. I was really torturing my mind, lol. Thanks. I forgot she had these book length titles already years ago. 

It was expensive watch it 

lana seems like shes having more fun with life lately n i think that will reflect in the new songs :flutter: also the fact that she probably said everything she felt she needed to on OB about her past, mental struggles, s*an, etc.

my guess is the new music will be fresh n fun… like a LFL situation but more grown up n less political 

Jon Batiste makes boring Grammy bait music for boomers who post the “real music is played with real instruments“ takes on Facebook. She has zero chemistry with Mike Dean. Zach Dawes and Drew Erickson are solid but not good enough to to be an executive producer. I won't even entertain Rick Nowels nonsense. 

It's either Jack or a completely new producer. 

6 minutes ago, Jared said:

Jon Batiste makes boring Grammy bait music for boomers who post the “real music is played with real instruments“ takes on Facebook. She has zero chemistry with Mike Dean. Zach Dawes and Drew Erickson are solid but not good enough to to be an executive producer. I won't even entertain Rick Nowels nonsense. 

Ya I will never get the mike dean desires from fans :rip: like, if you want her to go to beat driven music again there are way better producers. His work with her could have been done by anyone, and his behavior in the lead up to the release was so weird and cringe with him releasing snippets for likes on his socials :rip: so I highly doubt she would ever work with him again. 

I honestly don’t care what style or what type of song she goes into for the next album. 

OB kinda ticked all the boxes : personal singer/songwriter ballads, classic old Hollywood songs, bangers (for Lana at least), prog experimental masterpiece(s). 

In Spring, I would have wished for another Jon Batiste collab, but we’ll have it on his album. Pop Lana is something that we haven’t heard in a while, but if an unreleased compilation is really on the way, many of the songs that Interscope would want on it are mostly pop-ish. 

which leaves me with no expectations whatsoever, which is always the best way to enter a new Lana era :true:

17 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Imagine a song of her experience on waffles house… for the record though… someone totally new that Lana would b comfortable working with. Tired of Rick Nowels and Jack i’m sorry they both are fine but that’s that… to me.

Isn’t it White Dress? :stareney2:

Imagine wanting to toss aside a producer who has given Lana so many career highlights (and the most progressive/experimental music too) in such a short amount of time ( A&W, Venice Bitch, Mariners, White Dress, Chemtrails, The Greatest (among many others) for some lames who make boring boomer music. :lmao: Nostalgia does crazy things to people's brains.

2 hours ago, Jared said:

You also realize that literally everyone dreads the thought of their favourite artist potentially collaborating with Jack Antonoff right? It's literally become a meme and people make fun of artists for collaborating non-stop with him and I've even heard the term "Jack Antonoffication" of music.

His understated/organic/beige approach was cute on NFR, but not so much afterwards. He does come out with a hit every now and again, like Venice Bitch, White Dress and/or A&W, but at this point it's not even cute, it's tiiiired. Lana needs someone either entirely new, or work with the people that made the outstanding tracks on Ocean Blvd. like Zach Dawes, Mike Hermosa or Nick Waterhouse.

You talk a big game about people being stuck in 2014/15, yet you live in a continuous loop of 2019. It's just so obvious that you're not even a fan of Lana, you're just stanning Jack. :slayty:

:awk:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I'm receptive to whatever she wants to create with whoever she wants to create it with. I have learned to appreciate the music and see how that reflects that particular stage of her life. I'm guessing to won't resemble DYKTTATUOB machine terms of theme. I feel like she said what she wanted to say about family and post-quarantine reflections. Excited for what's next 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

24 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I honestly don’t care what style or what type of song she goes into for the next album. 

OB kinda ticked all the boxes : personal singer/songwriter ballads, classic old Hollywood songs, bangers (for Lana at least), prog experimental masterpiece(s). 

In Spring, I would have wished for another Jon Batiste collab, but we’ll have it on his album. Pop Lana is something that we haven’t heard in a while, but if an unreleased compilation is really on the way, many of the songs that Interscope would want on it are mostly pop-ish. 

which leaves me with no expectations whatsoever, which is always the best way to enter a new Lana era :true:

Isn’t it White Dress? :stareney2:

Since Candy Necklace was a last minute decision, I think the Hollywood/old classic movie themes can still be relevant. She only touched on those themes in Ocean Blvd, which is why I think the standard cover and even the title of the album (or the title track) didn't really fit the overall content (because it was more about family and other personal things).

It’s seriously amazing that our girl is recording her tenth album a little over 10 years after BTD :oprah2: She is working non-stop. 

i was watching the Wham documentary on Netflix and the Whitney Houston biopic two weeks ago, and I was a bit shocked to learn that Wham only has 3 or 4 albums under their belts - and yet, they are legendary.

same with Whitney Houston: she doesn’t have 10 studio albums in her whole career and she is so iconic. I know that the circumstances are not comparable at all with Lana (Whitney’s tragic struggle with drugs slowed down considerably her career - and the music industry has also changed a lot since the 80s), but for both of these phenomenal and iconic artists, I thought they had way more albums than that.

which brings me to how iconic Lana’s career is already, how incredibly impactful she already is amongst her piers - and we haven’t seen the last of her yet :worship::gclap: