Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i wish there was a revival of how every lana album felt different
BTD to UV to HM to LFL were all major transitions, but NFR to COTCC to BB to DYKTTATUOB have all stayed in the same realm, sonically

we need a major switch up

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I think comparing her early projects to her past 3 projects is kinda unfair in a way. I feel like Chemtrails, Blue Banisters, and Ocean Blvd has all been a trilogy of sorts. Like she has been working through the events of her life and the past 3 years with these albums and now she is at a place she can truly start fresh. Ocean Blvd kinda feels like the final version of Blue Banisters and Chemtrails. I’ve always believed Ocean Blvd was a return to the classic Lana Del Rey style of album we are use to and I think we will continue to see that with the next record. 

20 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

11/11 have guitar to be precise.

There is a difference between a track having guitar on it and being guitar dominant. White Dress, Chemtrails, LMLYLAW are definitely piano dominated tracks, maybe because those were the singles they're the ones that stick out in my head the most. The 2nd half of the album is guitar dominant, but like I said, it's country-style guitar that just isn't to my personal taste. 

11 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I think comparing her early projects to her past 3 projects is kinda unfair in a way. I feel like Chemtrails, Blue Banisters, and Ocean Blvd has all been a trilogy of sorts. Like she has been working through the events of her life and the past 3 years with these albums and now she is at a place she can truly start fresh. Ocean Blvd kinda feels like the final version of Blue Banisters and Chemtrails. I’ve always believed Ocean Blvd was a return to the classic Lana Del Rey style of album we are use to and I think we will continue to see that with the next record. 

I appreciate this theory but I guess we'll have to hear her next album to know for sure whether it's actually true or not. 

16 minutes ago, mermaidsparkle said:

I appreciate this theory but I guess we'll have to hear her next album to know for sure whether it's actually true or not. 

Yeah. I mean Lana herself kinda said that she doesn’t really know what is next so we just have to see what she chooses to do. If she continues within the same stripped down genre the last few albums have been in that clearly shows that is where her interest lies 

3 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I honestly wouldn’t hate just a really fun upbeat 11-12 track album with a tropical trap vibe as long as we get it next year. If we have to wait 2 years I want at least 16 tracks tbh 

This, please. 🙏🏻 Three sad albums and feeling "super suicidal" was enough. A bit of energy, Lanita, por favor. Something we can shake our booties too. And not only 2 mins of Jimmy Jimmy cocoa puff - we want the real deal. Bangers like Off to the Races, Doin' Time, Blue Jeans, High by the Beach, Summer Bummer, Summertime Sadness, National Anthem...

Beat-drvem songs you can dance to are my favorite of hers but they're truly truly the rarest kind of Lana song. And it feels like she's been too depressed to produce any and keep herself in the realm of pop. Three albums without them (Chemtrails, BB, OB), four if you count Violet, and I'm on my last breath. Alt Lana is great, but pop Lana was so much fun! Is she really gone-gone? 😫

51 minutes ago, barttttender said:

This, please. 🙏🏻 Three sad albums and feeling "super suicidal" was enough. A bit of energy, Lanita, por favor. Something we can shake our booties too. And not only 2 mins of Jimmy Jimmy cocoa puff - we want the real deal. Bangers like Off to the Races, Doin' Time, Blue Jeans, High by the Beach, Summer Bummer, Summertime Sadness, National Anthem...

Beat-drvem songs you can dance to are my favorite of hers but they're truly truly the rarest kind of Lana song. And it feels like she's been too depressed to produce any and keep herself in the realm of pop. Three albums without them (Chemtrails, BB, OB), four if you count Violet, and I'm on my last breath. Alt Lana is great, but pop Lana was so much fun! Is she really gone-gone? 😫

We got Peppers and Fishtail.

Mfhp.gif

2 hours ago, WaitForLife said:

We got Peppers and Fishtail.

Huh? Fishtail is super depressing and Peppers's beat doesn't begin to compare to the Born to Die beats. The closest we got on OB was Taco but even that has 2 mins of sonic depression before the beat drops. 

Surely you can notice a difference between songs like Summertime Sadness and Fishtail? Just because they both have a beat of sorts, doesn't make them both bangers.

Yesterday, I listened to a lot of electric guitar driven songs and I think for this album, I'm manifesting hazy, dream pop, shoegaze inspired electric guitar songs. Anything dreamy that makes you levitate, honestly.

With that being said, I don't know why am I saying this here but this time right now is really overwhelming for me, I think I'm going to log off for few days but knowing me, I'm sometimes as random as Lana, I might come back in maybe few hours but most likely in few days. So, yeah, see you soon...

gentlefrog-lixy.gif

url%5D

10 hours ago, mermaidsparkle said:

I can't deal with another album full of piano ballads. If she does decide to do another "chill" album, I'll be praying for some acoustic guitar instead. 

chemtrails was a lot more accoustic guitar than piano ballads

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

What's with 'Lizzy Grant' trending on Twitter (X)?  Is it wishful thinking on behalf of some, or is something going on I've missed?

9 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

yeah i feel like her discography is just a series of these trilogies. not exactly sound-wise, but thematically ans the kind of energy behind them. first we had aka-btd-uv then hm-lfl-nfr and now we're just finishing up cotcc-bb-dykttatuob so yeah i agree that now i think we're onto something new with the next record.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

idk if it's relevant at all, but a slowed-down version of trash magic that I had on my soundcloud got copyright-striked a few days ago. same thing happened with yes to heaven a couple of months before it came out

👀 trash magic rework when

edit: also this is my first post in this thread and i have NO CLUE what's going on hi y'all

On 7/22/2023 at 3:30 PM, Jared said:

Imagine wanting to toss aside a producer who has given Lana so many career highlights (and the most progressive/experimental music too) in such a short amount of time ( A&W, Venice Bitch, Mariners, White Dress, Chemtrails, The Greatest (among many others) for some lames who make boring boomer music. :lmao: Nostalgia does crazy things to people's brains.

god you're insufferable 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

We really calling Jack experimental? Can @Jared explain how he feels jacks production is experimental or how it changed the music industry radically like timbaland, massive attack etc? Hell you can even group Emilie haynie in this group more than Jack and that’s not hate 

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

We really calling Jack experimental? Can @Jared explain how he feels jacks production is experimental or how it changed the music industry radically like timbaland, massive attack etc? Hell you can even group Emilie haynie in this group more than Jack and that’s not hate 

I do think that Jack is influential, a lot of artists have been trying this dry/understated/underwhelming approach ever since Lana released NFR. He did that. :creepna2:

Whatever this album is JACK SHOULD STAY TF AWAY FROM MAKING BEATS.  

I mean I’m sick of his tiny sounding beats and drums, just compare doin time, fiily, summer bummer and btd beats to fishtail and peppers and you’ll see how cheap the latter sounds