Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'd really love LDR10 to lyrically and sonically sound like Coachella and have features like Nikki Lane and Stevie Nicks again. A return to craft if you will. Coachella is really underrated and I think a folk melody with harder trap beats would sound very nice with Nikki and Stevie's husky smoker rasps. AND Lana's songs like Coachella with her deepest and most well-thought-out messages are always amongst her best IMO :) 

2 hours ago, misslizzy said:

i feel like we should expect a rob feature at the very least (and i think it would be a dreamy bop)

i would love her to collab with stevie nicks or a$ap rocky again, but i don't think that's going to happen :crai:

I wouldn’t be so sure about a Rob collab considering she didn’t include him on Ocean Blvd when they were working on their albums pretty much at the same time

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think we're getting a big break between albums this time either (even with the ongoing tour and the alleged Unreleased Collection coming... I'm sure we'll have a new song by spring.

She's been writing since before releasing Ocean Blvd (as usual) and she was in the studio working hard in March, again some days ago in Alabama and probably many more times that we don't know of. There's also the really likely possibility that she recorded some songs with Jon with the next record in mind cause I doubt they only did two songs for their respective albums and an interlude.

I don't think she has any clear concept of a record yet of course but I'm sure she has a lot of stuff already as she always does :creepna2:

My delusional self is going to believe this is true, since I always need more music from her.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

im such a slut for her chaotic songs

(ex. Shades of Cool bridge, West Coast outro, Venice Bitch instrumental, Black Bathing Suit outro, A&W sample/climax/background noises, surf rock Peppers chorus, Dealer screaming, etc.)

and Zodiac sounds like it would fit in this list,

so ig what im saying is...

leak zodiac and pls have lana do something crazy on the next album

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 hour ago, Good Intentions said:

when Ocean Blvd was already done after BB release and she has been working tirelessly on Del Norte County ever since

when the three tracks she just recorded were actually deluxe tracks for Del Norte County

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 hours ago, Yameena Khatri said:

I think she has said way too much in the past 4 albums. It's time for her to give her songwriting a rest and invest in instrumentation. I really loved the JB Interlude. It sounds similar to progressive rock. It'd be a great if she explores that genre. I'm imagining how "fingertips" would sound like if it was produced like "Echoes" by Pink Floyd. 

oh im sure shes never letting the songwriting rest, she loves being a poet probably even more than being a musician 

44 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

im such a slut for her chaotic songs

(ex. Shades of Cool bridge, West Coast outro, Venice Bitch instrumental, Black Bathing Suit outro, A&W sample/climax/background noises, surf rock Peppers chorus, Dealer screaming, etc.)

and Zodiac sounds like it would fit in this list,

so ig what im saying is...

leak zodiac and pls have lana do something crazy on the next album

I like it too.

Some chaotic instrumentals/noises with smashing lyrics and dark energy, with a hint of despair.

I love the shift in A&W, leading to the second part of the song. It sounds like she resigned herself to sink into madness. 

I would like having more songs like this but I admit it wouldn't have the same impact if it wasn't surrounded by some more classical and poetic songs.

Some songs for the beauty, some for the madness. I love this combination.

I think someone else said this, but I would love a song with David Kahne again. Like, his production is some of my favorite and I would like to see what he could do with Lana now. Maybe something like pawn shop blues since that seems like the direction she could take again, or maybe we could be surprised and get something like mermaid motel for all i know! I know it won't happen, but I just would like to see what they could do together now.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

ive tried reading old replies but just cant make complete sense of everything :crying5: 

can someone please explain what zodiac is about??  is it just a rumoured song for ldrx? ty babes:wub:

1 minute ago, angelsforever said:

ive tried reading old replies but just cant make complete sense of everything :crying5: 

can someone please explain what zodiac is about??  is it just a rumoured song for ldrx? ty babes:wub:

Zodiac is an Ocean Blvd outtake

19 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Wasnt OB kinda like that? :stareney2: 

barely, only a few songs truly felt "out of her comfort zone" 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・