Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

lana's made a name and a legend out of herself by not releasing soulless, garbage, corporate pop music, i find it funny that people want to dumb herself down 

These type of ''fans'' are the reason why artists like Doja Cat go on a self-destructive rampage. They'll read stuff like barttttender's posts in this thread and want to off themselves. 

16 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Don’t kill me - but do we think there’s going to be a strong country influence on this next album? Some signs point to it - 

1. Covering Stand By Your Man at the recent shows. She covered For Free on the NFR tour and it was on the following album. Perhaps a studio version exists and will be on the next album?

2. An Instagram story from September 2022 captioned “I hope you guys like country music”. At that point, most of DYKTTATUOB was finished, with Margaret (the last song recorded) written and recorded that month. Perhaps she started work on the following record already?

3. Her recent studio session in Alabama, which, as a southern state, has a lot of overlap with a more “Americana” country sound. 

I really thought DYK was going to be country because she kept singing BUS with Nikki Lane at random places in the south and even previewed a new song with her. She sang 2 country songs with Jack Antonoff a few years ago as well but she still never released a country album. I could definitely see her releasing a country album some day, but it is hard to predict when that will be since she changes her mind so quickly. 

7 hours ago, wilting daisy said:

and like modern country, are you serious? yeah old town road was fun but for the most part modern country is a stain on country music and the most cringe thing out there. old school country is actually high quality and suits lana. and old school country isn't keith urban, its like johnny cash and willie nelson and graham parsons. its loretta lynn and skeeter davis and tammy wynette. or like even a rock-country-gospel serve à la elvis presley or wanda jackson isn't so unlikely and that would still give us upbeat songs and classic lana vibes!

:gclap:

We're still crying over a musical instrument? 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, Orville Peck said:

Not even Chemtrails was dominated by "piano ballads", you guys are so dramatic. :scoff:

this is one thing that bugs me a lot about the piano ballad complaints. evwryone says chemtrails was all piano ballads but there's only a few. yes there are pianos in every song but if that's everyone's criteria for piano ballad these days then i have some bad news about born to die... 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Some ''fans'' can't believe that someone who has started out as a folk singer/songwriter is now inching more and more towards that sound.

Lana's more herself than she's ever been. :lmao:

i've always thought blue jeans/summertime sadness/god knows i tried were country af so if she wants to go down that road i won't try and stop her. bring back the blue jeans twang voice. :blush3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, Good Intentions said:

if one song from Ocean Blvd could define the sound of LDR10, which one would you choose?

Let The Light In, it's simple and light but full of emotion.  The lyrics are pretty "simple" too, but they're beautifully written and you can easily picture the scene in your head.

also the problem with chemtrails wasn't that it was folk, it was that the songs were bland:crai: lfl folk songs are great imo, a lot of the songs on chemtrails just don't have much substance and are more "easy listening", which is not what i personally look for in a lana album. 

7 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

if one song from Ocean Blvd could define the sound of LDR10, which one would you choose?

Candy Necklace definitely, it's amazing the film noir vibe of that song... I would love an album with that aesthetic and concept.

5 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Let The Light In, it's simple and light but full of emotion.  The lyrics are pretty "simple" too, but they're beautifully written and you can easily picture the scene in your head.

ltli or title track

12 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

A&W for sure, it's her best song since NFR imo