Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

25 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i keep saying that the acoustic guitar in the first half of a&w is very reminiscent of kurt cobain's demos... that would be a really cool sound for her, and would also be reminiscent of some of her more acoustic/folky tracks from 2007 such as for k, pt. 2 and get drunk

We need a “rock” album done with like angry acoustic guitar, it would be life changing

2 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

manifesting Hey Baby Blue type of album from a woman who created West Coast... :( the bar is so low I'm so sorry

Don't forget the amount of iconic songs we got this year tho, like A&W, the bar is definitely not low

:squidward:

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Don't forget the amount of iconic songs we got this year tho, like A&W, the bar is definitely not low

:squidward:

I know I really like where she is now but I wish all that folky country music was gone :biblio:it doesn't suit her well for me

8 hours ago, ivory almond said:

im not saying she has done a country album, i was just explaining what i thought a member was trying to say

but i think chemtrails has a good 3 or 4 country songs (for free, dance till we die, breaking up slowly, lmlyw)

idk about that. for free is very clearly a folk song not a country song. let me love you like a woman is nowhere even close to country and not even really folk either, more of like a power ballad. and dance til we die i guess the bridge does have some americana grateful dead vibes but i wouldn't exactly call that country and the rest of the song doesn't come close to country either. breaking up slowly still appears to be the only country song. the album is much more folk-adjacent but even still lots of songs aren't folk either, just mellow. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

38 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

manifesting Hey Baby Blue type of album from a woman who created West Coast... :( the bar is so low I'm so sorry

or maybe we just recognize her versatility and are happy to get a variety of different sounds from her :true:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

I think what we need is :

- an album of her best unreleased songs 

- a brand new album: for me a more jazzy sound with lots of collabs from the Jon Batiste sessions. I wouldn’t mind Lana going back to a surf sound either (in the style of Ultraviolence but maybe less dark - with a more uplifting/meditative vibe).

11 hours ago, taco truck said:

like the first half of a&w:oic2:

I would actually really love a whole song like that! I enjoy the first part a lot :illumilana2: the whole rosemead ramada part is so satisfying to the ears

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

10 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i keep saying that the acoustic guitar in the first half of a&w is very reminiscent of kurt cobain's demos... that would be a really cool sound for her, and would also be reminiscent of some of her more acoustic/folky tracks from 2007 such as for k, pt. 2 and get drunk

It would be sooo good and so fun

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

although i'm not necessarily manifesting that particular genre, it's important to note that country / folk doesn't have to be all bare, twangy guitars and singing

about ranches! just look at what lee hazlewood did, especially his work w/ nancy sinatra! i believe it's referred to as "cowboy psychedelia" and "saccharine underground".

and his solo work is beautiful too :wub:

i'd be more than happy with an album of more "produced" and out-there/psychedelic country influenced songs, along with a spattering of more classic country style songs - i mean, it is lana after all, and the collaborative work we've heard between her and nikki lane are very much in that classic vein. i also believe now that lana's lyricism is at a point where those more stripped back songs can stand on their own two feet because there'll be some amazing lyrics to carry them. for me, 'stripped back' is only a problem when 1) it's every single song on the album [just bc i can get bored] and 2) the lyrics and/or vocal performance offer very little of interest, so that it's just like listening to nothingness. but now lana's vocals are better than ever, as are her lyrics, so i'd be fine with a number of those stripped back songs.

that being said idc if she does country or industrial swing or heavy metal jazz, i have so much faith after the perfection that was Ocean Blvd :legend:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

18 hours ago, Good Intentions said:

if one song from Ocean Blvd could define the sound of LDR10, which one would you choose?

Taco Truck part 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

People being scared of a country music album but let's not manifest messy autotune moments. I liked Fishtails but I don't really like how the autotune was in the song. I liked it in Tulsa Jesus Freak only.

url%5D

I want something similar to A&W again, that was so good and cool on first listen (it still is, but knowing it a this point doesn't hit as hard as that first experience with it, not knowing what to expect) but I'd also be really into a song like the outro of IYLDWM

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I would love something wordy but with structure. A some songs on OB were gorgeous and the Melodies were exceptional.

like in kingstugi the pre chorus (daddy I miss them)

fingertips (like the waves in the sea, call me Aphrodite)

i want more of that with a bit more structure

and of course bridges  

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

On 8/17/2023 at 1:17 PM, bluedealer said:

I know I really like where she is now but I wish all that folky country music was gone :biblio:it doesn't suit her well for me

It's just boring, is what it is. While I like the folkiness of Chemtrails and it fit the themes of that album so well, like, I don't need more folk Lana.

Her voice works so much better with pop, hip-hop inspired productions, beats, rock and surf rock. For me, those are her genres (which is why I like BTD, LFL, UV and NFR the most).