Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Unidentified Major Tom said:

All I need for LDR10 is for Lana to surprise us.

Just something new, not necessarily a new sound or a new producer, but maybe new aesthetics, new vibes, a bit of improvisation, whatever.

We know she can do it, imo she did it this year with A&W and Fingertips.

i agree, i don't really care about the genre i just want it to shock me a little bit, like when i first heard a&w

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Honestly, seeing that Lorde decided to switch gears and work with my baby Blood Orange/Devonté Hynes makes me a tiny little bit sad that Lana doesn’t have that impulse of changing drastically between albums in terms of the producers she wants to work with anymore. She doesn’t need to because she’s done it plenty of times throughout her career but I’d love to seeing happening again, at least once. I’ll always fantasize about Lana working with, I don’t know, someone like Noah Goldstein or some crazy left field choice that no one sees coming.

But on the other hand her and Jack have always made beautiful music. NFR and Chemtrails have very specific soundscapes that were clearly influential to A LOT of people from Taylor to Clairo to Lorde, etc etc. And personally speaking I usually feel drawn to the music Lana and Jack do together even in an album like OB that has more than just one producer so I don’t necessarily complain about them working again… I just think Jack, while clearly very talented and an innate multitasker, will not be able to tread new grounds with Lana unless she doesn’t ask for it. As long as she wants to keep making music in the vein of the Jonis and the Carole Kings of the world, Jack is her go-to. It is what it is, I guess?

IMG-7960.jpg

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i want lana del rey music :true: that's it, that's all

fr! i'll eat up whatever she makes honestly :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

she worked with rick nowels for 4 albums in a row, it's clear she doesn't like to switch up that much in terms of the people she works with. i just hope the music she will eventually put out with jack comes from that new and exciting place that he mentioned, which i'm pretty sure it is. him fucking around on the piano doesn't mean we're getting another ballads album 😭

17 minutes ago, Unidentified Major Tom said:

All I need for LDR10 is for Lana to surprise us.

Just something new, not necessarily a new sound or a new producer, but maybe new aesthetics, new vibes, a bit of improvisation, whatever.

We know she can do it, imo she did it this year with A&W and Fingertips.

Spill. Top 3 is Fingertips, Candy Necklace and A&W :oprah3:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Just now, White Dress said:

I’m fine with Jack producing if someone takes that god awful drum machine away from him 

i like the drum machine... someone needs to hand him those electric guitars back though...

Fingertips is definitely a top 4 track from the album and one of the greatest things she’s ever done lyrically. None of her contemporaries is doing that. I know that it’s a ballad but the absence of a defined structure, the orchestral work with intention behind every swing, the overall unbearable and uncomfortable intimacy of it all… it’s definitely challenging and profound work that must not be mistaken as a simple ballad :flutter:

2 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I’m fine with Jack producing if someone takes that god awful drum machine away from him 

I generally admire Jack as a producer but some of his techniques are getting kind of stale at this point. He muffles everything and uses the same drum machine patterns - I wish he could switch it up but our mother loves it so there’s that.

IMG-7960.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I generally admire Jack as a producer but some of his techniques are getting kind of stale at this point. He muffles everything and uses the same drum machine patterns - I wish he could switch it up but our mother loves it so there’s that.

ok this is the one thing i dsilike about jack:crai: the vocal muffling on kintsugi is a crime and ruins the (otherwise great) song for me

9 minutes ago, taco truck said:

ok this is the one thing i dsilike about jack:crai: the vocal muffling on kintsugi is a crime and ruins the (otherwise great) song for me

I think it works on NFR because her voice is very crystal clear on that record and that was refreshing after so many albums of the production being as intense as her vocals (sometimes even more).

But I meant it even in terms of instrumentation! Grandfather, a top 2 track on OB for me, had no business having that saxophone in the outro being so drenched and muffled - it kinda does a tiny little disservice to a song that’s otherwise so intense and epic-feeling really.

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

How many pages of absolutely no details before we get a crumb of news? I’m thinking maybe another 800 😬

at least that lmao

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm