Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

19 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

When being in the south for so long inspires her to make an album similar to Ethel Cain’s music :gasp:

Ew, time to visit Italy again I guess 

3 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Ew, time to visit Italy again I guess 

Ethel Cain slander in LanaBoards!?!?!? :wtfney:

url%5D

So I know Lana's not into power moves, and I know this is going to be mega unpopular (lolz) but I swear... if she did a country-leaning album and collabed w/ Zach Bryan (preferred) or Morgan Wallen, I'm fairly certain she would take over the entire world. Let The Light In is a preview to that kind of vibe. I'm thinking like ... summer nights, bonfires, acoustic + electric guitars with a bit of orchestra, county fair, small town diner, romance, cotton candy, drive-in movies aesthetic. Just like...... wistful, romantic, Americana sound with a few male backup singers harmonizing with her. Country's truly having a moment and I just know Lana is capable of delivering a masterpiece in that vein. Like a cute, streamlined 10-12 track album. If anyone can merge the gays and middle America, it's Elizabeth...

Sonic references: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05

Those who get it, get it... :kiss3:

2 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

So I know Lana's not into power moves, and I know this is going to be mega unpopular (lolz) but I swear... if she did a country-leaning album and collabed w/ Zach Bryan (preferred) or Morgan Wallen, I'm fairly certain she would take over the entire world. Let The Light In is a preview to that kind of vibe. I'm thinking like ... summer nights, bonfires, acoustic + electric guitars with a bit of orchestra, county fair, small town diner, romance, cotton candy, drive-in movies aesthetic. Just like...... wistful, romantic, Americana sound with a few male backup singers harmonizing with her. Country's truly having a moment and I just know Lana is capable of delivering a masterpiece in that vein. Like a cute, streamlined 10-12 track album. If anyone can merge the gays and middle America, it's Elizabeth...

Honestly, I wouldn’t hate this if it had a Lizzy Grant twist. Make it creepy, complex, mysterious too.

IMG-7960.jpg

Two more manifestations from me:

- vocal experimentation - she has an impressive range and is quite a masterful vocalist when in the comfort of the studio. She should allow herself to be crazier

- a song a la twin peaks

6 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

What about Sam Williams?! The gay grandson of Hank Williams! (Who also does country inspired pop music)

1 hour ago, dxniell said:

I just want a track of her ripping all her dead vapes too see if she can get any more puffs from them

this would be her most relatable song yet

and also for giving me Margaret

Don’t really care what the sound of the record is because I’ll most likely love whatever she’s doing. Only thing I’m really hoping for is good quality vocals. She can use the Shure SM58 all she wants because it sounds fantastic on songs like Hollywood Bowl and Sweet Carolina. 

but whatever the fuck happened on Kintsugi and Fishtail? I’m gonna need her to never do that again

I’ve never heard of Cass McCombs, but listening to his top songs right now and if this is the direction for LDR10 I’ll be very happy.

edit: Thank you I may have found a new favorite artist 

54 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Lana Del Rey started following singer Cass McCombs. The singer is known for a folk, Americana and psychedelic sound.

I guess this is the direction for LDR10. :ma:

HUHHHHHHH 

I’ve been lurking through his songs for some time and the only thing I could thing about was that I’d love if Lana could make some of this with her own writing and recording process :defeated: this is a full circle moment in my life as a lana stan 

and also for giving me Margaret

4 hours ago, Jakk said:

I’ve never heard of Cass McCombs, but listening to his top songs right now and if this is the direction for LDR10 I’ll be very happy.

edit: Thank you I may have found a new favorite artist 

I heard him before, he's very talented. 

As much as I keep banging on about bangers and beats, I wouldn't mind a Lana country album. But I still need one more upbeat song with a contemporary production. Maybe something like Love. It's been a while since she's dropped something really uplifting.

And if she's doing country, then I hope she gets Taylor and Father John Misty on board, and not the lame-ass Nicki Lane.