Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

LDR 10 Predictions

1-2 word title

12 tracks 

Average song length 4 minutes with 3 songs over 5 minutes with a total length of around 50 minutes

There will be a cover (most likely Stand by Your Man)

Either 1 or no features at all

No Interludes

The genre for this record won't be easily pinpointed, though there will be a strong southwestern influence (think God Knows I Tried, Religion, Wild One), it will be more electronic than traditional country, mixing synths and possibly some beats with steel pedal guitars, acoustic guitars, and piano, with some added cinematic elements of either strings, organs, and driving drums (think Ride). Themes will be less introspective than previous records, and more existential, talking about the human condition, and possibly more of a story-telling aspect (Breaking Up Slowly, Dragonslayer, and Unidentified Flying Bill). There will be a return of Lana's lower register on the record, with a mix of all her vocal styles. 

The album cover/photoshoot will be a similar vibe to these photos. 

Spoiler

2.png

07zbvEt.jpg&key=c022edd4341929a38cc91466

l8N0R0r.jpg

b052.jpg&key=a587f0b348f47015923b4ccfd7c

tumblr_n78ucdeI3v1sag8mgo1_1280.jpg

Album Color and Flower will be Maroon and Poppies

Spoiler

il_570xN.355958101_lxnj.jpg

poppy.jpg

There will be 5 album variants (not including standard black), they will be Maroon, Green, Blue, Magenta, and Cream

Vinyl inspo's

Spoiler

THE_DAVE_CLARK_FIVE_DAVE+CLARK+5+DELUXE+

THE_CURE_A+FOREST+-+GREEN+VINYL-171884.j

oddisee-thebeautyinall2_grande.jpg?v=138

NOVC-Record-Image-HASHCABBAGE-copy.jpg

OIP.mEthRs-jvbZzrXzZR6M4WAAAAA?pid=ImgDe

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

LDR 10 Predictions

1-2 word title

12 tracks 

Average song length 4 minutes with 3 songs over 5 minutes with a total length of around 50 minutes

No Interludes

The genre for this record won't be easily pinpointed, though there will be a strong southwestern influence (think God Knows I Tried, Religion, Wild One), it will be more electronic than traditional country, mixing synths and possibly some beats with steel pedal guitars, acoustic guitars, and piano, with some added cinematic elements of either strings, organs, and driving drums (think Ride). Themes will be less introspective than previous records, and more existential, talking about the human condition, and possibly more of a story-telling aspect (Breaking Up Slowly, Dragonslayer, and Unidentified Flying Bill). There will be a return of Lana's lower register on the record, with a mix of all her vocal styles. 

Hide contents

2.png

l8N0R0r.jpg

Hide contents

poppy.jpg

There will be 5 album variants (not including standard black), they will be Maroon, Green, Blue, Magenta, and Cream

Vinyl inspo's

Hide contents

I want to pin this somehow because I feel

like you could be spot on on most of these.

Lana and Zach Bryan need to work together, if she’s gunning for a country duet. He even shared Ride on his insta story the other day.

I feel like I have a harder time predicting the overall themes of this record - with her previous four albums it was easier, given everything that happened when those albums were being made. Also, every album kind of showed us what she was heading next, specially the LFL-NFR and BB-Ocean transitions. With this one… I actually have no idea. I can’t see her going to a direction where she’s being anything less than deep and introspective but I also don’t think she’s going to be tackling her family stuff forever? Ocean kind of felt like her definite statement on those themes.

IMG-1607.jpg

now we only need a sc@t attack to summon LDRX

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Def feel like the next album is going to to be the covers album! Shes been hinting at it with the covers shes been doing and the recent interview. We know she was recently in a recording studio, and there was talk a few months ago of a few snippets of country songs that shes covered. Honestly im super excited if this is the case, lana has a great band, great backup singers, and a great production team. Shes always loved to pay homage to those who have come before her, but i think a project like this would really well received

6 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Just a guess, Lana recently followed Cass McCombs on Instagram and he makes Americana music, maybe she's working with him or his famous friends :oprah3:

Great find! That's probably it. 

I like Cass McCobs. He's very talented.

Of course, this also means that the album will be slow AF. Probably Chemtrails V2.0 with a lot more acoustic 

When Lana's new album is called Never Forget :ma: or like Forgive Never Forget or Always Forgive Never Forget some shit like that. I wouldn't even wonder if she has a song like that already

url%5D

11 hours ago, taco truck said:

LDR 10 Predictions

1-2 word title

12 tracks 

No Interludes

Hide contents

2.png

l8N0R0r.jpg

Hide contents

poppy.jpg

Vinyl inspo's

Hide contents

Well you have me sold! 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

19 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

One thing for sure Zodiac will be track 2 :oprah3:

manifesting w you on that

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

Wanting something like "sparrow" by mazzy star production wise, but if she says something is gonna be americana than it's probably gonna be the opposite...

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33