Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i just hope ldr10 will be strong and cohesive, in retrospect, ocean boulevard feels like such a mixed bag for me, some songs are great, like the grants, A&W, and candy necklace, but some songs i strongly disliked on first listen and haven't felt any desire to go back to since, such as margaret, kintsugi, fishtail, peppers, and taco truck, i feel like having so many producers leads to albums feeling disjointed and varied in quality, i know jack's so polarizing here, but i wouldn't mind ldr10 to be solely produced by him, because it would be cohesive, as long as they give us material as good as venice bitch and A&W, i know they're capable

lana's albums which mainly feature one producer, or one stand-out producer (AKA with david kahne, born to die with emile haynie, ultraviolence with dan auerbach, honeymoon with rick nowels, and NFR with jack antonoff) tend to be her best or at least her most popular

WGe8ynS.gif

All of these Lizzy Grant / AKA moments make me feel that LDR10 will probably be like a modern-day Lana version of AKA, similar to like how that magazine interview photoshoot encapsulated the image the public has of her but in a more current-day lana way :smokes5:

so.. that, OR she’s gonna re-release AKA ..

or maybe BOTH :trisha:

mEtDRnr.gifyou’re young, you’re wild, you’re free

Just now, unidentified dragon slayer said:

All of these Lizzy Grant / AKA moments make me feel that LDR10 will probably be like a modern-day Lana version of AKA, similar to like how that magazine interview photoshoot encapsulated the image the public has of her but in a more current-day lana way :smokes5:

so.. that, OR she’s gonna re-release AKA ..

or maybe BOTH :trisha:

it needs to be a double album, disc 1 is the new album, inspired by AKA-era Lizzy Grant themes, aesthetic, lyricism (minus the controversial topics), etc and disc 2 is the AKA album + a few fan-favourite tracks from the era (TRASH MAGIC)

id like to see an alt version of White Dress make an appearance somewhere. and maybe Text Book because of the "if i go blonde..." lyric

a Lizzy Grant re release w/ a ton of bonus tracks… AND the OG videos for every song… it would be so magical omg. I need lots of vinyl colors as well.. give me nicotine yellow, beige, cream, gold…. a photo book with the shots Chuck took back in the day for the album along w new shots inspired by it. Pls.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

4 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

she could literally release 4 albums in 2024 if she wanted to….. give us the covers album, a country album, psychedelic trip hop album (pls), unreleased album, AKA re-release…… so many options

she should drop the AKA re-relase before this year ends. The fans would lap it up, and it would close off the year on a strong note, and do another boost for her streams.

Then she should focus on producing a new BANGER of an album

In my dream world Lana would have a fun electric guitar club like song that goes through different vibes like escapism. I only just listened to that song an hour ago and I can’t stop thinking about how amazing it would be if Lana had a song like that. But I do want that country album first

2 minutes ago, arman said:

i keep seeing "country album" but with lana i can't imagine her doing the traditional country, can someone please elaborate on what type of "country" we're talking about? unless we're referring to a chemtrails 2.0?

If You Lie Down With Me / Breaking Up Slowly / Pawn Shop Blues / Watercolor Eyes

sad girl Joan Baez esque country…. I’m more in favor of the label “bluegrass” but for non-midwesterner’s, it’s all pretty much country :teehee:

I don’t want any more half baked wink wink nudge nudge middle finger up tongue out synth trap Taylor-lite Jack beats… it worked for A&W but no more please. I don’t like “lowkey” bops. I want raw emotion and fire. I can’t lie, I want some grit back. Obviously most of us always ask for a UV type sound but after 3 very paired down energy kind of albums, I want something more assertive sounding. 

2 hours ago, arman said:

i keep seeing "country album" but with lana i can't imagine her doing the traditional country, can someone please elaborate on what type of "country" we're talking about? unless we're referring to a chemtrails 2.0?

Alt-Country/Americana.

2 hours ago, White Dress said:

I don’t want any more half baked wink wink nudge nudge middle finger up tongue out synth trap Taylor-lite Jack beats… it worked for A&W but no more please. I don’t like “lowkey” bops. I want raw emotion and fire. I can’t lie, I want some grit back. Obviously most of us always ask for a UV type sound but after 3 very paired down energy kind of albums, I want something more assertive sounding. 

tenor.gif

im kinda wishing a snippet of any song from ldr 10 LIKE NOT A FULL SONG OFC I DONT WANT MY BBY TO GET HER JOB LEAKED only a snippet for us to start solid expecting stuff from the new record

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

Why not a witchy album. Her sound on lfl was first something witchy, but she scrapped that. I think she could bring this energy back, i have to think on the poetry in motion chorus. I have this feeling with nfr she was leaving this path and now it could be the time to develop this sound from early lfl

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It