Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, mermaidsparkle said:

Everyone hoping for something fun and different but it's just going to be a folk/country music album with basic production and lyrics about how happy and content she is living on her horse ranch and going to church every Sunday with her best friends Margaret and Nikki Lane or whatever. Everyone will eat it up anyways though. 

I will. and you're mad! blvd

On 12/22/2023 at 2:28 PM, Make me your Dream Life said:

I gave this some serious thought and what I really hope and have faith in a vein of her music abilities is to have a song that just really inspires some kind of inner stripper routine in sound form. Beats. Strings. Bass. Playful cadences. Like full on. 

Ocean Blvd literally has Peppers 

i dont know bout y'all but Candy Necklace and Fishtail are low-key stripper music to me. That sexual, psychedelic piano playing by Jon Batiste and that sultry beat drop are 💋💋💋

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I honestly don't know what to expect lol

But I'm sure it's a masterpiece. She seemed very inspired this year.

1 hour ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Oh, I doubt Lana makes "basic country music." "Basic" is not a word that defines Lana. :eyes:

no country , just experimental or alternative please :eartha2:

On 12/22/2023 at 11:45 PM, mermaidsparkle said:

Everyone hoping for something fun and different but it's just going to be a folk/country music album with basic production and lyrics about how happy and content she is living on her horse ranch and going to church every Sunday with her best friends Margaret and Nikki Lane or whatever. Everyone will eat it up anyways though. 

I wouldn't mind Chemtrails 2.0 with different producers :brows: we know she's working with Jack and more people this time (similar to Ocean Blvd I guess) so it's going to be interesting even if it's just a collection of simple songs.

I still don't know what to expect cause Ocean was really diverse even if she only mentioned the "automatic singing" and confessional lyrics in the interviews before the album (which were accurate but not for the whole record).

Also it's probably far from done... I'm sure she has a lot of songs already but she has to change the tracklist around 4 times as usual :hide: and she's for sure still writing and recording stuff that might not even be similar to her descriptions...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I wouldn't mind Chemtrails 2.0 with different producers :brows: we know she's working with Jack and more people this time (similar to Ocean Blvd I guess) so it's going to be interesting even if it's just a collection of simple songs.

I still don't know what to expect cause Ocean was really diverse even if she only mentioned the "automatic singing" and confessional lyrics in the interviews before the album (which were accurate but not for the whole record).

Also it's probably far from done... I'm sure she has a lot of songs already but she has to change the tracklist around 4 times as usual :hide: and she's for sure still writing and recording stuff that might not even be similar to her descriptions...

nahh like her descriptions are almost always different from how the actual songs sound, so just because she talks about something being in the vein of country or americana, that doesnt necessarily mean that every song will sound that way nor does it allude to the only genre of the album! since we all know that lanita likes mixing different soundscapes :liner:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

6 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

EXACTLY ma'am 

I feel like Ocean Blvd was like a celebration to her last 10 years of "Lana Del Rey" - similar to Lust For Life, but with a clear, sophisticated direction. She gave us "confessional, conversational, impromptu / automatic singing songwriting" or whatever it was yet there are still easy-listening pop songs for the g.p such as Let The Light In, as well as some of her never-heard-before moments like that trap beat in Fishtail, we even have twerk song like Peppers and that acid trippy outro venice Bitch remix... this album has everything for everyone. So there wont be boring piano flops. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

22 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Oh, I doubt Lana makes "basic country music." "Basic" is not a word that defines Lana. :eyes:

country is a basic genre in and of itself, i haven't heard a single good nikki lane x lana moment yet and all her attempts at country influenced songs have been SKIPS. she needs to get over midwest 

3 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

lana please go shoegaze

Not really shoegaze but after nfr I was convinced Lana was gonna go for a Mazzy Star sound… still waiting for that…

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

On 12/23/2023 at 7:45 AM, mermaidsparkle said:

And she should shelve it until something substantial conjures from her pen again :yawney:

7 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I wouldn't mind Chemtrails 2.0

I would

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

10 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

lana please go shoegaze

I want something like violet's in a pool 0TJtIEs.gif

yeule even did shoegaze on their new album, I was thinking whens it gonna be Lanas turn?

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺