boom like that

Lana interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter [INTERVIEW]

6 minutes ago, Divisive Princess said:

I don't know why this idea shocks and upsets people. It's feels full-circle from her early unreleased music. 

yes im deeply shocked and upset :wtf3:

it depends on her definition of country, but an album full of songs that sound like afraid, video games, ride, earthquakes, breaking up slowly, etc would not be horrible (those are the most acoustic/country-esque songs of hers that i can think of at this second)

there are also lots of R&B singers that delve into country-adjacent sounds and they come out great, so flirting with country music is not necessarily a bad thing

its just that most country music out these days is lame and sucks, but lana del rey is a different breed 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Where did she say she was going country?

Creatively, do you see yourself on a course right now? 

The music took a huge turn from Norman, and it’s been going down that path aggressively. I’m going to continue going where I feel the only next stop is, but I think it’ll be in an Americana vein.

I think she's a bit full of it when she says that she doesn't edit herself or that she pays no mind to critics, because it's quite obvious that she's become more tame, both lyrically and sonically since she had her critical reassessment over NFR, and it kind of explains why she keeps going back to Jack as a producer. She contradicts herself, she contains multitudes.

Interesting interview nonetheless. :blush3:

Just now, Americen Whore said:

The music took a huge turn from Norman, and it’s been going down that path aggressively. I’m going to continue going where I feel the only next stop is, but I think it’ll be in an Americana vein.

Yeah just edited my comment right before this because I thought people may have been referring to her Americana comment. Americana is not country music. Sure it may have some elements but it’s closer to folk. Basically what she was doing on some parts of COTCC. 

Do you ever look at or engage with platforms like Genius, where your lyrics are reprinted and interpreted? 

I don’t. And I’ve never corrected anything. In fact, not for years have I actually submitted my lyrics to anybody. Should they be out there, they’re not from me. I would never. Good God! I don’t even want to think about what I have to say. 

i am legit fuming

Earlier in your career, you had a lot of invasions of privacy — a home intrusion, car thefts, a hack. Has that cooled down for you? 

No. My records get [leaked] five months before they come out. They have for 11 years. I really don’t understand. I’ve gone to every great length to double check everything, but the songs come out. Even if I don’t [digitally] have them. I don’t like it. This is a lot of work. You want things to go well for the album.

@111 yeah she clocked ur ass

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

7 years :excited: it’s quite definite number i wonder what covers she recorded in 2016-2017 and will this covers album be full country or just a collection, i really would like to know because her covers have been always the best and she covers such great songs so im looking forward to finally see this project the light of day:defeated:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

8 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

well she didnt use the word country

Spoiler

:bebe:

!! What an exciting and unexpected thing to wake up to! Going to read now. Does anyone know how to purchase a single issue of this magazine? I only see how to purchase a full subscription x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

God, I love reading her thoughts. She always says things in a way that feel slightly cryptic, like she’s either keeping much of her thoughts to herself or simply because she’s still processing reality as she goes. Or both. I adore her.

Great interview and photoshoot. She’s definitely getting those Grammy noms.

IMG-1607.jpg

Just now, Elle said:

!! What an exciting and unexpected thing to wake up to! Going to read now. Does anyone know how to purchase a single issue of this magazine? I only see how to purchase a full subscription x

i looked up the hollywood reporter on newsstand.co.uk and chose to buy the next issue (which should be september issue aka lana's issue)

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

17 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder what her definition of Americana is cause I can see her going a lot of different directions with that same term describing the record. It sounds like she's still in the early stages of it tho and we know how quickly she changes direction so we'll see...

She also mentioned she's working with a new person so that's exciting too :hype:

I don't think Americana necessarily means country; I would argue that BTD fits the theme perfectly. I wouldn't mind an album that had a sound similar to Ride.  We're talking about the woman that literally invented Americana (jk.. but not really actually). 

1 minute ago, Elle said:

I'd try to look at Barnes & Noble and whatnot, the only issues you can individually purchase are from June of this year :horror:

7 years :excited: it’s quite definite number i wonder what covers she recorded in 2016-2017 and will this covers album be full country or just a collection, i really would like to know because her covers have been always the best and she covers such great songs so im looking forward to finally see this project the light of day:defeated:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y