Elle

Lana to be featured on upcoming Bleachers album on song ‘Alma Mater’ - song out November 15th, 2023

I am excited for the video but I still cannot take these lyrics seriously. If I ever meet Jack Antonoff I am going to lob a dictionary at him because what the fuck. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

I am excited for the video but I still cannot take these lyrics seriously. If I ever meet Jack Antonoff I am going to lob a dictionary at him because what the fuck. 

miss lana has a songwriting AND production credit meaning she was very much involved as well 😭 

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

miss lana has a songwriting AND production credit meaning she was very much involved as well 😭 

I genuinely hope it's just a vanity credit and she was not involved in writing the lyrics: "Threw her T-shirt down the Pike/Screamin', "Fuck Balenciaga"/Right past the Wawa (alma mater)/As she alligator cries, Lana"

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

3 hours ago, Mer said:

I genuinely hope it's just a vanity credit and she was not involved in writing the lyrics: "Threw her T-shirt down the Pike/Screamin', "Fuck Balenciaga"/Right past the Wawa (alma mater)/As she alligator cries, Lana"

screaming fuck balenciaga right past the wawa is so text book :lolno2:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Still can't vibe with the song at all but I can't wait for the video, loving the vintage vibes and Lana looks incredible on the poster 

i listened to the song once. zero interest in the video.

I keep forgetting about this. Finally listened to it now. Like mer said, the lyrics aren't it. :bebe: Am I stupid or is he singing about his university and reminiscing college days or? Aside from that, I think it sounds pretty nice though, it might be something I would've added to a chill playlist on Spotify and eventually forget about.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I listened to the song for the first time yesterday and.....it was probably the cringiest song I've ever heard. Like what the fuck was that:

She's my alma mater

Chasin' lines all night

Smokin' me outta sight

Well, summer's gettin' hotter

Threw her T-shirt down the pike

Screamin', "Fuck Balenciaga"

Right past the Wawa

Threw on "Heartattack and Vine"

As she alligator cries

I'll make it darker

2003, sad all the time

:oprah2:

This isn't even camp, it's like something what a pretentious nerdy Instagram kid in high school, who thinks they were born in a wrong generation, would write. Sorry this was too specific, I know that Jack isn't like this but I know that he's capable of doing better music. The production reminded me of Midnights album a lot. Like the song isn't bad, it's just so weird, the whole time I listened to the song my face was like this :wtfney: Lana's part was good though, the "I'll make it darker" part. I wouldn't mind listening to this part for 10 hours, it was like so smooth.

url%5D

3 hours ago, Embach said:

I listened to the song for the first time yesterday and.....it was probably the cringiest song I've ever heard. Like what the fuck was that:

She's my alma mater

Chasin' lines all night

Smokin' me outta sight

Right past the Wawa

As she alligator cries

I'll make it darker

2003, sad all the time

This isn't even camp, it's like something what a pretentious nerdy Instagram kid in high school, who thinks they were born in a wrong generation, would write. Sorry this was too specific, I know that Jack isn't like this but I know that he's capable of doing better music. The production reminded me of Midnights album a lot. Like the song isn't bad, it's just so weird, the whole time I listened to the song my face was like this :wtfney: Lana's part was good though, the "I'll make it darker" part. I wouldn't mind listening to this part for 10 hours, it was like so smooth.

Lana is co-writer and co-producer

Genius says that Wawa references an American chain, Heartattack and Vine an album by Tom Waits and Balenciaga an ad campaign scandal with teddy bears wearing BDSM accessories. But it's still all very mysterious and encrypted for me too. :tiffany2: :puzzled:

5 hours ago, Embach said:

She's my alma mater

Chasin' lines all night

Smokin' me outta sight

Right past the Wawa

As she alligator cries

I'll make it darker

2003, sad all the time

"Something a pretentious nerdy Instagram kid in high school, who thinks they were born in a wrong generation, would write" is the best way to describe the lyrics of this song, lol. What in the actual world. But I really dig the vibe, tho. The video is super cool. I like this song way better than "Secret Life" imo, even if Lana's barely in it.