Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

tbh there's no chance this moody mediation on being an american whore with zero chance of radio play is winning song of the year.

imo, that's the category she has the least chance in winning. It's a miracle she even got nominated.

SOTY is about songwriting.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Flashing back to 1989, when the Grammas awarded the first ever 'Best Hard Rock album' to Jethro Tull, when not only are JT not hard rock, by 1989 they were completely irrelevant (I'd be surprised if even Tull fans could name the record they won with), and snubbed the biggest hard rock band in the world then, Metallica. My point - they've always missed the point, and they will give her a lifetime achievement award in 2042 and claim they were always behind her.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

but i dont understand. I've never heard of boygenus prior to the grammys. 

they're certainly not a thing in europe or the middle east. Whereas lana is HUGE and one of the most stramed and sold artsits of the year.

surely she had the upper hand in the best alt album category over these newbies? She's been in the industry for a decade!

their first EP came out in 2018, but you may have heard of Phoebe Bridgers

the Grammys are about "outstanding achievements in music industry", so what they've achieved in a year counts

Lana has also achieved a lot last year, but I think AOTY will go to Midnights or SOS and SOTY to Flowers or Kill Bill

1 hour ago, Rocket0212 said:

The way I have to google every single time the difference between SOTY and ROTY. What a stupid show.

It's actually quite simple. Think of song as the core of the work in question; lyrics, melody, chord progression. Then the materialization of it is the recording; production, vocals, mixing, etc. :)

I still cannot believe that Boygenius got nominated and not Mitski :lmao::lmao::lmao: 

I mean they’re not bad, but Grammy worthy??? Nah, as others have been saying I genuinely don’t understand the hype. I tried to give them a chance but to me they sound as if you asked ChatGPT “mix the most famous indie songs and melodies and make me an album” 

if Lana loses over them I’m burning down everything :burn:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

2 hours ago, ever said:

Lana Del Rey | Artist | GRAMMY.com

they updated her picture

Lana Del Rey

WINS*

NOMINATIONS*

this is so depressing LMAO

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

37 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

With a horrible picture, I cry 🥲

Please, that picture screams music legend.

4 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Makes me wonder if she pissed any higher ups. Or if they still clinging onto the smear campaign from 10 years ago. No way this woman doesn't have a single grammy.

I think a big reason is that she doesn't go out of her way to bribe the committee with gifts, attend dinners, kiss their asses etc etc

love that for her actually, I think it's absurd having to do those things 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg