Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

so do we already know what are the categories on the pre-show and the ones at the show? Cause if shes attending and best alt performance is on the "real" show, shes def winning

I hope someone uploads the whole thing that very same night cause I can't stay up until AOTY (it's probably the last award right?) but I don't want the Lana wins (or losses) to get spoiled so I plan on waking up extra early and watch fragments of it before work :eek:

giphy.gif

Blind ballot from Golderby:

Hey guys! We were able to convince another voter to give us their ballot. This is a voter who’s given us submissions before, including a lot from last year and some this year, especially some of the more lowkey country/roots ones I had to ask for near the end. 

For context: this voter is middle-aged, male and leans Country/Americana/Rock. He’s been a voter for a while now.

Album Of The Year:
Quite frankly none of these nominees are Album of The Year worthy, I found it to be a very weak year for mainstream albums. However, I voted for Midnights. Although I did not enjoy it much compared to Taylor’s previous work, she has been the inescapable face of music so how can I deny her music’s biggest award? I haven’t taken Lana Del Rey seriously as an artist since her infamous SNL performance and never will. Boygenius’ record can be considered decent but I am dissatisfied at how artists like them or Fiona Apple who are making such dull music are seen as the face of rock music, taking spots over actual rock musicians like the Foo Fighters or Springsteen.

Record & Song Of The Year:
“Flowers” is an excellently crafted song from top-to-bottom and got my vote in both categories. Miley Cyrus has a voice that is unique within the mainstream world and I think she is finally proving her worth. My vote was between that and “What Was I Made For”. Both songs excel in connecting to its listeners on a personal level, which is a great talent in songwriting, but I believe Flowers radiating feel-good energy did it a tiny bit better. On the other hand, I honestly find it distasteful that anyone would consider such a violent song like “Kill Bill” anything worthy of praise. I listened to her album a mere one time before voting and the degeneracy of songs like “Kill Bill” and the others is just something I cannot support and something that I do not believe the Recording Academy should be condoning. 

Best New Artist:
Easiest vote of the main categories: Jelly Roll. His life story is just inspiring.

Best Pop Solo Performance:
After rewarding “Flowers” in the General Field I wanted to do something else here. “Paint The Town Red” surprisingly connected for me and got my vote. I don’t enjoy that kind of music often but Doja Cat brought a certain class alongside excitement to what could’ve been a normal rap song. She reminds me of Lizzo in that regard.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:
Did not enjoy most of the tracks here. Found the Swift remix to be particularly awful. I absolutely respect Brandi Carlile, aside from some of her questionable opinions, so “Thousand Miles” got my vote. I would’ve skipped over this category had she and Miley not been there, no viable other deserving winner.

Best Rock Song:
“Rescued” hands-down. May Taylor Hawkins rest in peace.

Best Country Song:
I was very sad to see that Morgan Wallen didn’t receive any Grammy nominations outside of this category. I think the cancel-culture nonsense that is still affecting him is ridiculous and have talked to several others in the industry who think the same. Why is he being punished for a simple harmless mistake? It’s been 3 years now, time to move on. “Last Night” got my vote, but “White Horse” was a close-second.

Best Country Duo/Group Performance:
“I Remember Everything” is what all duets should be and it got my vote. Zach Bryan is showing signs of ending up an icon in his generation and I am looking forward to seeing how his career progresses.

Best Americana Album:
I’m voting for Brandy Clark. She is an undeniable talent. Jason Isbell’s album sadly disappointed me. I am usually a big fan of his work and have voted for him countless times before but I can’t bring myself to do it this year.

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/blind-ballot-2-grammys-2024/

Interesting :oprah3:.

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

I want to puke after reading it what the actual fuck. But since middle-aged man who is a country fan voted for them then I'm not really surprised either :brigitte:

url%5D

putting fiona and boygenius in the same category is absurd my blood pressure just rose omg when i find him 

awful taste!  Did he even listen to the nominations:noparty: I’m so over them harping on a 12 year old performance. It’s been over a decade buddy, give it up and open your mind for once

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

:sideeye:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°