Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

Quality lost and overexposure won but it’s still nice that Taylor acknowledged Lana. Certainly she believes what she said about Lana to be true but Lana deserved to have gone up that stage on her own merit for her own record - not someone else’s subpar collection of songs. 

I love the fact that Taylor wants to praise Lana, she knows how much talent and recognition Lana deserves. I find it extremely sad that Lana lost the alternative categories and that she got on stage just because Taylor took her. This is really sad, I can only say fuck the Grammys. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

It's giving humiliation ritual but fucking for what ? She's not a newbie ... Ugh the tik tok edits tomorrow I can only imagine ... Will they rub it in using that Billie song cause it's " sad " too ? This was sick . 

Tbh I don’t think Lana cared that much, she looked very happy for Taylor. I think it is nice Taylor brought her on stage to celebrate the win, especially after the rule changes. 

btw the rule change was that a collaborator must be on 50% of the record to receive a Grammy so technically Lana would have won if it was any other year

I’m still surprised Taylor won. Not only bc I don’t think Midnights was not on par with folklore, Fearless, and 1989–but mainly bc I felt like they told her to make her announcement during the first award (which was sort of awkward) and would’ve been much more impactful and a “moment” if she announced it at the end of the show, and the Grammys should’ve told her as much. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

i know everyone keeps praising taylor for bringing lana up but like, i would have been so incredibly embarrassed. having an album thats critically acclaimed across the board, one of the most beautifully written and performed songs ever made, and then being made to sit in the front row and snubbed FIVE times in the same night. then youre on stage with everyone watching you, knowing that you got snubbed, while your friend accepts the award right in front of you. im sure shes happy for taylor but come on. it hurts

lets be honest, lana deserved that so much 

BUT also let’s be realistic, this was the best thing Taylor could do. let’s not put these two amazing female artist, that are friends, against eachother 

Just now, ColaGoneWild said:

That's how I read it low key . Not from Taylor but the maybe not so nice people who plan these type of events ...

Idk, if that recent excerpt from the Grammy voter was indicative of how the industry feels about her, moments like this can only work in Lana's favour: having the winner of the night drag her up on stage and say "Hello??? Guys, she deserves an award!" It's one thing to have these crusty old nobodies ignoring Lana's work, it's another to have the person THEY vote for drag Lana up on stage and acknowledge her.

Even though Lana looked upset and didn't want to get up there, I'm glad Taylor did that.

8 minutes ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

Don't want to sound like a jerk ... but Lana needs no charity from TS

She doesn't but it's all she could do for her and she did it so good for her