Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

:sadcore: ah well i just hope lana won't let this affect her too much, the whole internet is literally on her side... 

watching that video of ben and ed hugging lana tho she was so brave, if i was lana i would have cried right there, it hurted on my chest just watching it lmao

SFP2h.gif

10 minutes ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

I never liked Taylor Swift , i really grew to loathe her now.

girl she said indirectly that Lana shouldve won what are you even talking about

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

So they gave her 5 nominations and sat her next to two winners just not to give her any award, letting her go empty handed. She should never give this disgusting industry anything else.

Lana, wherever you are, you are already the most significant pop artist from this century and everyone knows that. The fact that someone as TS has won 4 times that award with her mid stuff just gives the measure of what this is all about. You're just so above all of it.

I stan Lana, Bjork and Abel so I don't watch this garbage obviously. The only think that it did for me - alienate me even further from listening to that boring girlband. I hate when music is shoved down my throat and that's exactly what critics want with that album.

53 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Like I said before, just because she didn't win a Grammy doesn't mean her music wasn't Grammy-worthy. The competition is fierce and sometimes it's just a matter of luck. Five nominations is still some kind of recognition she should be proud of.

Nah they can rot. 12 years of INCREDIBLE albums and yet they think she needs to demonstrate anything. They can truly rot.

18 minutes ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

I never liked Taylor Swift , i really grew to loathe her now.

Lana should just make music for her fans which are many and never go to this event again , let them congratulate each other.

I hope it doesn't discourage her from making music. This was worse than 2020 

People who say that Taylor shouldn't have dragged her on stage I don't understand what's in their heads, I feel that Taylor did it because Lana deserves to have participated in Midnights, Lana on stage has always been awkward. Stop feeling pitty for her as if you don't know that she has always been uncomfortable on stage giving speeches, on Billboard women in music she was just as uncomfortable on stage, Taylor once again did what the shit industry doesn't do, acknowledge Lana.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

36 minutes ago, honeymooooon said:

so how can we boicot them

we all sign up to be seat fillers next time she's nominated and then when they give her award/s to other less deserving people, we jump on the tables, yell stuff, and then burn the auditorium

OR we just redbubble a t-shirt that says "Fuck the Recording Academy" on the front and "#justiceforlana" on the back

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Good morning.

fu*k the Grammys, fu*k all the voters and their floppy as dicks!!!!!!! 
Since Norman no one deserves this more than she does. It’s f the Grammys from now to eternity until they give her some goddamn RESPECT!!!!

no one who won last night deserves it more than she does and I’m now saying this because I stan her, I’m saying it cause it’s true! 😭

truly breaks my heart to see this happening again. 

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

Some of these reactions are a bit extreme… like no, she won’t quit music just because she didn’t win a prize for it.

I don’t think we have to worry about this grown woman crying because of a popularity contest. :oprah7:

I know Taylor probably meant well but holy crap it must feel bad to be dragged on stage to be with someone who won a category you were nominated for (let alone should have won). I don't think it's malicious on Taylor's part but it still annoyed me seeing how uncomfortable Lana was. A part of me feels like this was yet again another one of Taylor's pseudo girl power moments but idk, I'm also aware I have my biases against Taylor considering how I always get phony vibes out of her. 

Taylor thought she was having her Cady Heron breaking the tiara moment lmao Lana looked like she wanted to skin her alive. Honestly who tf cares about the Grammys anymore these days, I didn’t even watch it, it’s for old people & the most extremely mainstream artists, actual good artists never win:bye:

giphy.gif

Btw, won't judge on TS intentions while dragging Lana to stage, but if I were Lana the last thing I would have wanted during that moment (having had 5 nominations and got AGAIN not a single award while seeing how they go to people like TS) is to be exposed directly to all of that people having to smile from the damn stage. Don't think that making her feeling forced to went there was a good move.

some of the meltdowns are scaring me :nene: it's not that serious guys it's just an award show, it's never personal, it's just business. that's all grammy is: business. it was never about recognizing talent, it's strictly business. and hate to break it to some of you, but so is every other major award. i know i'm not helping by saying this while having a beyoncé (the person with the most awards ever) pfp but even with her it's not about recognizing her talent but rather the grammys using her as their black token. even jay-z spoke about tonight. so, everyone save your tears and time, it's not worth it

9 minutes ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I know Taylor probably meant well but holy crap it must feel bad to be dragged on stage to be with someone who won a category you were nominated for (let alone should have won). I don't think it's malicious on Taylor's part but it still annoyed me seeing how uncomfortable Lana was. A part of me feels like this was yet again another one of Taylor's pseudo girl power moments but idk, I'm also aware I have my biases against Taylor considering how I always get phony vibes out of her. 

If I had lost a nomination I would be honoured if the winner mentioned me in their speech or said I am a legend, even more so if they wanted me to be on stage as well to share the moment with them. You want to turn even the good deeds into a tragedy.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

2 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Btw, won't judge on TS intentions while dragging Lana to stage, but if I were Lana the last thing I would have wanted during that moment (having had 5 nominations and got AGAIN not a single award while seeing how they go to people like TS) is to be exposed directly to all of that people having to smile from the damn stage. Don't think that making her feeling forced to went there was a good move.

I mean in fairness, don't hang out with the biggest artist on the planet rn and expect to not have maximum exposure at the Grammys :oopna2:

If I wanted to just sit in the corner quietly, I wouldn't turn up with Taylor fkn Swift

I'm not blaming Lana at all; I'm just saying it comes with the territory and I'm sure she expected to have the camera on her a lot given her company. And most of all, I think she was really happy for Taylor.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Exactly! Girl just lost all categories and she's probably feeling some type of way about it. This is yet another instance of Taylor being kinda insensitive since she's literally always the safe choice for the academy to give the wins to. I can't imagine how she'll be like if someone dragged her to be on stage with if/when she loses something given how award-centric Taylor is based on her documentary.

Idk, this whole thing just makes me feel off but that's my opinion.