Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

1 minute ago, heroindealer said:

so we still here :paris:

Some of us woke up to this news and we haven't been able to sleep it off yet :xcry:

12 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

Ok I know it's nottt that serious but I'm on my lunch break running on two hours of sleep and I felt inspired to write a dramatic incoherent rant of my own to get some of my frustration out, read at your own peril:

I feel like this was a "last exit before the bridge" type of situation; it's a shame the Grammy's missed it. Not for Lana, but for them. 

As other on this forum have so eloquently pointed out, it's a sore spot for the music industry at large that the woman they ridiculed a decade ago turned into arguably the most influential artist of her generation, spawning many of today's establishment-darlings. It's no wonder they are scared of her, and scared to reward her, because it means admitting fault, and that's never an easy thing to do. 

Yet, one might have thought, twelve years after Born To Die's release, on the back of a career-defining, genre-spanning ninth studio album, they could finally have found the grace and humility to say, hey, we were wrong. To finally give an artist as influential - and historically controversial - as Lana her flowers would have been a good look on the Grammys, one that's become rarer and rarer in years mired by public outcry at the choice of winners for the big awards. 

I don't mean to understate Lana's ability to reinvent herself and redefine her artistry time and time again, I'm certain she can and will continue to challenge our expectations of her in the best way possible, but it’s still hard to imagine an opus rivaling Ocean Blvd arriving anytime soon. This album is such a layered, richly rewarding listen for anyone who has followed Lana's journey as an artist: her barest lyrics yet evoke impossible emotions, worlds of meaning are hidden within the structure of the tracklist, the album morphs into then transcends the metaphor of its eponymous track.

Nominating such a body of work five times yet refusing to bestow any accolades upon it while awarding other, derivative, and frankly infinitely more simple albums and songs is a confounding choice on the Recording Academy's part, but it's not Lana Del Rey's loss. Though she keeps pushing ever forward, the culture at large has finally caught up to her—  at least enough to recognise her impact as a generational artist, even as her self-mythology remains impermeable to many. 

Lana will move through this as she has moved through all the noise that has surrounded her for more than decade: without missing a step in her unrelenting quest to offer up her soul’s truth in her music. But when your first four-time AOTY winner in history has to take time out of her speech to praise, in her own words, that legend in her prime, who is standing behind her in the shadows, empty-handed—  you have to realise you've abjectly failed as a committee whose stated aim is to recognise "outstanding" achievements in music

Lana will probably win a Grammy one day, but it will ring hollow when she does. The moment of redemption has passed.

Very well expressed. I agree. 

I really hope Lana uses this moment as fuel to further her dreams and goals this year. As she said in Dallas in 2023, "Never forget to let passion be your true North Star." Regardless of what has happened I hope this is at the forefront of her mind and I'm so excited to hear her new passion project Lasso among anything else she has planned for this year.

hyz6.gif

The more I'm thinking about it, the more my head starts aching :tiffany2: I got over LFL and NFR snubs pretty quickly but I don't know how am I going to get over that one, like 5 snubs. It's like a break-up. I just was very confident that she was going to win. What are the chances that she's going to be nomimated for American Music Awards and Billboard Music Awards?

url%5D

5 minutes ago, heroindealer said:

oh good luck, it’s about to be a long day besties :xcry:

It's about 5:30pm my side and this day has been... s l o w

25 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

As other on this forum have so eloquently pointed out, it's a sore spot for the music industry at large that the woman they ridiculed a decade ago turned into arguably the most influential artist of her generation, spawning many of today's establishment-darlings. It's no wonder they are scared of her, and scared to reward her, because it means admitting fault, and that's never an easy thing to do.

She really has them GAGGED, it's so satisfying to witness :trisha3:

A win in itself

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

this has really annoyed me all day. the grammys have not snubbed her once but 2 times now. not to mention the voters are biased against her AND she would have one aoty if the rules weren’t changed it 2023. I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed them so Lana wouldn’t win. Soon enough they will realise her impact in modern music and give her a Grammy in like 5 years but we will remember how they treated her now. Will not be watching again. bit dramatic but it needs to be 

15 minutes ago, Embach said:

The more I'm thinking about it, the more my head starts aching :tiffany2: I got over LFL and NFR snubs pretty quickly but I don't know how am I going to get over that one, like 5 snubs. It's like a break-up. I just was very confident that she was going to win. What are the chances that she's going to be nomimated for American Music Awards and Billboard Music Awards?

Sis , i literally broke up with my bf last month and is not bothering me as much as this lol

38 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Why? Tunnel was one of her most active eras and was fantastic. Fans enjoyed it, the media enjoyed, she constantly receives acclaim from peers and she seems extremely happy as well. Why would you want a half-assed era that she never even acknowledges and was very obviously not in a good mental state. 

I meant quieter in a way that the music only caters to the active fans and critics with braincells but doesn't necessarily appeal to the masses. On top of that with UMG's withdrawal from tiktok, might prevent the album from reaching wider audiences. 

2 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I wouldn’t say Lana is country (yet) or rock. :um4:

I feel like you get a mix (of different degrees) of all of those in her music, Ultraviolence is very rock-friendly, Chemtrails and parts of Lust for Life can be argued to be country

My point was that her music could very well cater to fans of those categories he mentions, if only they’d give her a chance

We could've guessed the moment she hit the red carpet. She was sidelined and was lurking in Taylor's shadow the entire event. Hope she gave her some comfort because the event is so anxiety inducing. :crossed:

Lana not getting any Grammy doesn't take away the fact that both Ocean Blvd and A&W remain career highlights both quality and success wise, also everyone was just expecting SZA to win the main category so in a way it's fine that Taylor swift is at the center of the racist discourse in social media instead of Lana lol