DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Wait what was this? It has disappeared 

It's the first soundtrack of the show, it should be out at midnight local time. Wanted it to share in case anyone is curious about what to expect with Jack's production.

7 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

It's the first soundtrack of the show, it should be out at midnight local time. Wanted it to share in case anyone is curious about what to expect with Jack's production.

Omg that is so cool, I’m so excited. 

On that note, do we know when Lana’s song is coming? I heard April 3rd but I hope that isn’t true😭

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Omg that is so cool, I’m so excited. 

On that note, do we know when Lana’s song is coming? I heard April 16th but I hope that isn’t true😭

I expect it on February 14th, that's when the first 3 episodes get released and Lana is the third track.

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

oh WOW, this is beautiful and not what I was expecting at all 

this gives me hope for Blue Skies

"Don’t forget me"

12 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

It’s cute, but it’s giving Arcadia/Blue Tankisters with the vocal mix. Just overly LOUD (and sharp, almost too clear) in spots for no reason. The original is more pleasant to listen to. I know it’s probably Florence’s vocal delivery as well, but it’s the producers/mixers job to be able to tune it for a pleasant listening experience or for the artistic vision. I only say “artistic vision” because some songs aren’t aiming for pleasant, but I don’t think this song is aiming for anything experimental. It’s aiming for pleasant. The production is great tho. That I agree.

Really love the Florence cover. Blue Skies will surely have those traditional arrangements as well. 
for the record: Jack is a great producer IMO, he has this incredible musical culture, it’s just that he is working way too much and within the same pool of artists who all go in the same or similar direction, which inevitably leads to sounding repetitive. 

I’m so fucking excited for Blue Skies. Even before I heard the Florence cover- Blue Skies is already such a beautifully written and arranged song. Its going to give the classic Blue Velvet, The Other Woman, Once Upon A Dream “classic Lana covers” feeling, I just know it. Goddddd I’m more excited about this than the Henry song tbh. :angie:

imagine a whole album of her covering old 50s/60s songs like those?!? I would DIE.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

7 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I’m so fucking excited for Blue Skies. Even before I heard the Florence cover- Blue Skies is already such a beautifully written and arranged song. Its going to give the classic Blue Velvet, The Other Woman, Once Upon A Dream “classic Lana covers” feeling, I just know it. Goddddd I’m more excited about this than the Henry song tbh. :angie:

imagine a whole album of her covering old 50s/60s songs like those?!? I would DIE.

Jazzy Lana is the best (trippy Lana is equally good :true:) Buddy’s RV was my most streamed song in 2022 and Blue Skies has such potential of being a masterpiece. 

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Jazzy Lana is the best (trippy Lana is equally good :true:) Buddy’s RV was my most streamed song in 2022 and Blue Skies has such potential of being a masterpiece. 

YESSSS u get it!!!!

oh my goddddd imagine an album that is a blend of 50s/60s jazz and trip hop? Now THAT would actually kill me I think I would die on the spot holy shit…… like… :defeated: it would dethrone Ultraviolence as her magnum opus I fear

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

5 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Definitely into this single ngl it’s really nice :trisha:

Guys, whats happenin' what did I miss? 

We know which oldie Lana will be covering for this?

17 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Guys, whats happenin' what did I miss? 

We know which oldie Lana will be covering for this?

Blue Skies, theres a popular version by Ella Fitzgerald

8 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

Omg I didn’t expect this from Jack :oprah: the production is so good 

now I want LDR10 to sound like this

i didn’t even know jack was capable of making this type of dreamy/vintage sound :defeated: so where is that with lana?!

actually, we all blame jack but lana is prob the one that wants to keep things minimal nowadays…but if she just had a vision for something with a similar sound to this, imagine the album we can get :creep:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

YESSSS u get it!!!!

oh my goddddd imagine an album that is a blend of 50s/60s jazz and trip hop? Now THAT would actually kill me I think I would die on the spot holy shit…… like… :defeated: it would dethrone Ultraviolence as her magnum opus I fear

I would be mindblown with a 50-60s jazz and trip hop album :crying: it could dethrone Venice Bitch’s release as my all-time favourite Lana Stan moment :oprah9:

9 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Florence is literally not real, she’s a goddess. I love it, the production is amazing. The intro instrumentals reminded me of an old Disney movie. She sort of sounded like Judy Garland when she first sung. It has such a classic vintage feel and I’m obsessed. I can’t wait for Lana’s :thankyou:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

5 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

i didn’t even know jack was capable of making this type of dreamy/vintage sound :defeated: so where is that with lana?!

actually, we all blame jack but lana is prob the one that wants to keep things minimal nowadays…but if she just had a vision for something with a similar sound to this, imagine the album we can get :creep:

In this soundtrack Jack is the only producer... so it's probably Lana's decision that her recent music is that way (minimalist/folky). :roll:

i'll be damned if i can't slow dance with you — tom-at-the-farm: Orville  Peck, “Hexie Mountains”