DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

10 hours ago, NikoGo said:

tbh I think one reason this is so good is because Jack isn’t doing every single piece of the song. He has a lot of different people playing the instrumental and I think that really helps tbh. Ever since ocean I’ve realized jack songs are really good if there are more people involved 

That's interesting, thanks! Gonna take note of that and find which songs involve more people and see if there's a pattern :gasp:

5 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The lead single for Lasso is a cover? Oh we need to lower expectation bad for this project.

The lead single coming 10 months before the album release and it’s a cover :toofunny: .

Actually, Lost At Sea remix is her latest release.

bffr this isn’t the lead single, it’s a soundtrack song

"Don’t forget me"

5 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The lead single for Lasso is a cover? Oh we need to lower expectation bad for this project.

The lead single coming 10 months before the album release and it’s a cover :toofunny: .

Actually, Lost At Sea remix is her latest release.

what? this isnt a single 

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

So do we know if the song it’s on the show? I’ve seen they released four episodes so far 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

the song is played in episode 3, in the credits at the end as I heard

Yep, just checked and you’re right! I hoped they would use in the show rather than the end it’s such a beautiful song :(

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

honestly i was thinking.. if lana does that covers album (assuming it’s still being put together and not collecting dust on a shelf) i would not at all mind if it was entirely in this style :trisha3:

cry me a river can go on it too with updated production :makeup2:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Oh and btw, this is NOT under any new releases and New Music Friday playlists because the date is wrong :toofunny:. That’s why the streams have been so horrible. Yes, it’s a Wednesday release, but Wednesday releases on Spotify or any releases through out the week will get included in all the new release playlists on Friday anyway. Because the date is wrong, it’s not on any release playlists as if it never came out :rip:.

I’m going to assume this is intentional. I can’t see her team being this STUP!D :rip: (Although, I just remember the “Say Yes To Heaven” remix release which fvcked up the song’s streams and artwork :toofunny: for a while). I assume they are trying to BURY this release. But the question is why? And why bother releasing it at all?

I absolutely love this cover. The retro future jazz sound is absolutely perfect, and that vibe fits so much with Jack’s “she’s paving her own lane” comment, because it’s such a switch from anything anyone is making

I really wish she’d fully expire this sound because it’s absolutely perfect for her!! This is the perfect Honeymoon Lust for Life mix 

"Don’t forget me"

I cant stop listening to this song it’s so good i’ve probably heard it like 25 times now and i’m still not sick of it. Meanwhile other artists release a song for their upcoming album and it’s so ass and overplayed it’s dead on arrival and i never want to hear it again after hearing it once! I actually like that this wasn’t promoted and isn’t being showcased as new. Keeps it feeling Exclusive and safe from being overplayed. Her vocals go great with the jazz style. Gives me hope that with her range and ability maybe even cuntree won’t be that bad :usrs: 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I wasn't into it first, but I quickly grew on me. I read that it was a happy song, but this blue skies can only be sang about this way after having seen complete darkness. The line "Nothing but blue skies from now on" and the ENERGY in it moves me 'cause I hear the force being put into the happiness appropriation AND the deeply hurt human behind it.

+ the summer vibe of this song makes me feel so good. I'll just admit I always rewind the song at 1:55

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

On 2/17/2024 at 6:19 AM, Xenoblade 3 said:

Oh and btw, this is NOT under any new releases and New Music Friday playlists because the date is wrong :toofunny:. That’s why the streams have been so horrible. Yes, it’s a Wednesday release, but Wednesday releases on Spotify or any releases through out the week will get included in all the new release playlists on Friday anyway. Because the date is wrong, it’s not on any release playlists as if it never came out :rip:.

I’m going to assume this is intentional. I can’t see her team being this STUP!D :rip: (Although, I just remember the “Say Yes To Heaven” remix release which fvcked up the song’s streams and artwork :toofunny: for a while). I assume they are trying to BURY this release. But the question is why? And why bother releasing it at all?

this isnt even a release. this is a cover for aa soundtrack. just like season of the witch, this isnt a full fledged release. its not her song. its jack antonoffs. she was brought on, prob payed a little. and thats it. its not like she personally released the cover like she did with country roads take me home.

On 2/20/2024 at 5:15 AM, triangles19 said:

I wasn't into it first, but I quickly grew on me. I read that it was a happy song, but this blue skies can only be sang about this way after having seen complete darkness. The line "Nothing but blue skies from now on" and the ENERGY in it moves me 'cause I hear the force being put into the happiness appropriation AND the deeply hurt human behind it.

+ the summer vibe of this song makes me feel so good. I'll just admit I always rewind the song at 1:55

omg no joke :delish2:i dont like the minutes of just quite runs..... its the reason im not the biggest fan of taco truck vb.... i love the beggining of taco truck but it gets boring when it starts switching 

So I'm watching the other Apple TV+ series, Masters of the Air and one of the characters sang this :toofunny: it's so weird seeing this song used by Apple again in a totally separate show

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 2/21/2024 at 10:18 PM, coneyislandbaby1949 said:

this isnt even a release. this is a cover for aa soundtrack. just like season of the witch, this isnt a full fledged release. its not her song. its jack antonoffs. she was brought on, prob payed a little. and thats it. its not like she personally released the cover like she did with country roads take me home.

Ma’am, what chu talking about? That was a Friday release, henny. It had proper playlisting and was placed reasonably high on all NMF playlists esp for a soundtrack song. L4na even did a little promo stint with Geurmo Del Toro. Not remotely the same thing.

Season Of The Witch had better more planned release than any songs on Ocean Blvd :toofunny:. It was Friday with proper playlisting which is the bare minimum really. Mind you, all the songs on OB was released on Wednesday. They were trying to BURY it too.

Idk who’s in charge of her release dates, but it’s like they’re playing favorites with each release.