PARADIXO

1 dead and 1,000+ hospitalized at Taylor Swift concert in Brazil

17 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Brazil is an underdeveloped nation compared to the West. Google "Brasil slums". 

Google "crowd crush". It's not the same as people dying due to heatwave. I don't know what country you are from but in USA something like this would not happen here. Excuse this post if you are just trolling. 

You are … wrong on both of these counts. “Compared to the west” should not be a quantifier when it comes to determining what a developed nation is. Brazil is the most developed country in South America. Trying to compare it to “the west” (Brazil is the West, btw lol) as an undeveloped nation makes u come off as uneducated or insensitive or whatever.

People die from heat related events in the US often enough for it to be an issue. Doesn’t matter if it’s at a music festival or not, but it is absolutely “something that would happen here”

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

You are … wrong on both of these counts. “Compared to the west” should not be a quantifier when it comes to determining what a developed nation is. Brazil is the most developed country in South America. Trying to compare it to “the west” (Brazil is the West, btw lol) as an undeveloped nation makes u come off as uneducated or insensitive or whatever.

People die from heat related events in the US often enough for it to be an issue. Doesn’t matter if it’s at a music festival or not, but it is absolutely “something that would happen here”

THANK YOU

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

44 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Google "crowd crush". It's not the same as people dying due to heatwave. I don't know what country you are from but in USA something like this would not happen here. Excuse this post if you are just trolling. 

more developed countries are not free of such disasters:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Parade_disaster

1 hour ago, Strangelove said:

Brasil is in the West with a $2.126 trillion GDP , don't they teach Geography in schools where you're from? What an incredibly uneducated thing to say

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

I heard they covered some spaces that allowed for more airflow and I saw the pics of it, but it's strange cause this month RBD performed in the same stadium, sold out show, 33C and there were no covers, very strange

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

8 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

okay but i’m talking about people who had flights for monday and had the intention of going to a show on saturday. there are donations right now to help give fans money for either the show on sunday or flight tickets for later in the week. hypothetically, they could “see this show in two days”, but we all know people will pay for flight tickets to the eras tour. there are many countries in South America that taylor isn’t going to that are flying to Brazil. it’s a bit rude to guilt trip people who don’t get to see a show they paid for with something like “well at least you’re not dead and can see taylor live in the future”. okay? eras tour tickets are so expensive for the average person, and people get tickets for a date because they know they can be there and rescheduling means people won’t be able to go. also keep in mind all the people who have been waiting outside in that heat, all for it to reschedule.

It’s not rude guilt trip I don’t know what you’re implying here. Heatwave still continues, there’s no guarantee it’s not gonna happen again. It would be insane to do the concert again knowing that heatwave continues and there’s obvious negligence. No form of entertainment is above human life. Postponing was the right decision. The first show should have been postponed too as the heatwave was known to happen. There are many concerts that are being cancelled left and right, so I know it sucks but it happens.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

At least at the Lana's concert that I went to here in Brazil, not only was it allowed to bring water, but they also gave water several times to the people at the front. We tried to pass it to the people who were furthest behind us, but there were so many that it was impossible to distribute it to everyone.

I believe that first of all, event organizers have to impose stricter and clearer rules before the crowd even enters the venue. as long as there is one mf who decides to queue two days earlier, other fans are also willing to wait in line for several hours (or even days), denying all their basic needs. 

stricter surveillance of public bodies should be carried out in places where events will take place. How the fuck did they let a concert of this magnitude take place in this hell of a stadium? Organizers should also be required to be clearer about the show location, circulation points, paths between stages and entrance, emergency exits.

water must be provided for free not only at kiosks, but also delivered in hand to those in the pit by employees and firefighters.

and finally, what happened to Ana (may God rest her soul), only highlights the importance of taking responsible people with us, if we intend to do the crazyness of staying at the front of the pit

9 hours ago, Strangelove said:

I don't think Taylor did anything wrong. It's on the venue and the lack of safety protocols that caused this. 

Well the next show is back on apparently so hopefully everything will be stricter.

sorry- there’s mutiple layers of responsibility here- the Venue/organisers closing parts which enabled people to faint/the lack of water and airing before the show began, the people themselves for turning up to a concert in the middle of a dangerous heatwave(although understandably they bought tickets) and didn’t want to lose money as many people are not rich.

and YES Taylor- Taylor is a billionaire who could have easily cancelled the show at a moments notice as soon as she noticed the conditions while still recompensating or paying a fine if need be(artists do this sadly all the time for less) with 1000 people collapsing 💀 making sure her team was asking why paramedics weren’t readily available like they are at some concerts again considering the conditions. Even before the concert considering how the conditions might affect her welfare and that of her fans.

We had this sit two years ago- artists need to step up sorry.

Rip ❤️

I wish venues allowed you to bring water, it’s such a dumb rule especially when it’s extremely hot. Dehydration can be deadly and dangerous. Not to mention people with health issues and some medications can make you easily dehydrate. I’m sure it’s awful for the crowd being so excited to see her :( also the pressure must be rough for taylor not wanting to let down fans

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

13 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Can you please show me a modern instance of a crowd like this collectively having health issues as a result of a heatwave in the USA?

12 hours ago, Cult Leader Under Ocean Blvd said:

Brasil is in the West with a $2.126 trillion GDP , don't they teach Geography in schools where you're from? What an incredibly uneducated thing to say

I've actually been to Brazil and have seen the poverty level first hand. A big GDP doesn't mean the country is in a good financial or political state. The worst parts of the USA are much safer than many parts of Brasil.  

If Brasil is so developed as a nation, then I have to assume everyone liking these comments would agree they need to stop being sent financial aid but I doubt that. 

On 11/18/2023 at 11:18 AM, PARADIXO said:

Tragedia en Brasil: una fan de Taylor Swift murió de un paro cardíaco antes  de que empezara el show | TN

Ana Benavides (23) died from a cardiac arrest moments before Taylor Swift hit the stage in Rio de Janeiro due to the ongoing heat wave in the country, with temperatures higher than 50°C/122°F. Over 1,000 fainted and were hospitalized. Fans denounce they weren't allowed to enter the stadium with bottles of water and there wasn't any water available inside. Swift herself had to stop the show multiple times to ask the production to help the multitude with water. To worsen the situation, fans report that multiple "arrastaos" (groups of robbers running against people to take whatever they can as fast as possible) happened outside the stadium after the show.

Tonight's show wasn't canceled or delayed as expected, despite temperatures being higher today. Taylor Swift released a statement on Instagram but it was poorly received.

https://tn.com.ar/musica/noticias/2023/11/18/tragedia-en-brasil-una-fan-de-taylor-swift-murio-de-un-paro-cardiaco-antes-de-que-empezara-el-show/

This is right in Rio. 

Favela-Rio-de-Janeiro-Brazil.jpg

15 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

your point being..?

My original point was people who live in areas where there exist tighter safety, health and venue protocols should feel lucky to live in those areas. I don't know why that was found to be offensive by some users, but otherwise but power to them. 

1 hour ago, Strangelove said:

This is right in Rio. 

Favela-Rio-de-Janeiro-Brazil.jpg

Every country, every state has shitholes. There are parts of the US that are not very…developed or civilized by some peoples’ standards. I personally find all the major cities like NYC to be fucking disgusting, as “developed” as they may be, they are still overridden with homeless and poverty and crime and many parts of the cities are not safe to be in at night. That’s just the world, honey. Just because you’ve visited a country doesn’t mean you can speak on the entirety of the country. I mean, you can, but you sound ignorant. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9