Elle

Milan, IT @ I-Days Milano - June 4th, 2024

Maybe this is the most unpopular opinion of all time, but i wish A&W was removed from the setlist altogether. I’d rather hear another song than just the Jimmy Jimmy part of A&W. If she played the full version, it may give the Bartender effect and drag on for too long. The full version of A&W feels like it would be a good opener if anything.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

25 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Maybe this is the most unpopular opinion of all time, but i wish A&W was removed from the setlist altogether. I’d rather hear another song than just the Jimmy Jimmy part of A&W. If she played the full version, it may give the Bartender effect and drag on for too long. The full version of A&W feels like it would be a good opener if anything.

imo she should play the 1st part as that is infinitely better than the 2nd

image.png

2 hours ago, audreysdance said:

There's a guy on instagram who posted a lot of videos, even one where fans sing to Lana "sei bellissima" (means "you're beautiful") but I can't share his stories with you because he's private :angie:

I have a lot of videos and gonna do a google drive upload, but dunno how worth it is since you can (sometimes) hear my voice too 🥹

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

1 hour ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Rolling Stone Italia review

https://www.rollingstone.it/musica/ce-ne-fossero-di-lana-del-rey/915253/

the photo of her is from Barcelona :deadbanana:

wow as far as google translate could tell me that’s a glowing and beautifully written review I imagine it’s even nicer in Italian :wub:

3 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

imo she should play the 1st part as that is infinitely better than the 2nd

the worst take

but i do think she should play the whole thing, that entire song is gold

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Getting back to the airbnb after the show was...a whirlwind

She was ethereal, this was my first time seeing her live. Even with a mid setlist, it's so much less noticable when you're actually there, time flew by so quickly. Maybe if you see the same show 10 times, it'd get boring with all the ballads - i think at certain points the setlist doesnt really flow...i always said i wanted Bartender to be cut, but it actually fits so much better than NFR imo

I may be missing the whole concept but to me it gave off this roaring 20s extravaganza mansion with all the dancers running around the stage. But it starts off all dark and creepy as if its long been forgotten and we just watch 1 hour of their ghosts playing around and it ends with the jazzy "will you still love me", they dance around with the champagne bottles and then all disappear and we get that same somber and desolate mansion. Kinda gave me Rebecca by Hitchcock vibes in a way.

Anyways, i loved it, it was worth the heat and the backpain and everything. Definitely gonna get pit tickets next time though.

Also her vocals were on point, she might not sing hope and only 3 lines from West Coast were live, BUT when she goes for it, she nails it.

And the first warm up act Clara is getting some streams from me :diva:

Finally back home! If you guys want to see videos from yesterday you can watch them on my Instagram stories @kcrnelia or under my stories highlight “LDR 24”

Anyways what can I say…. It was soooo much better than I expected oh my god, probably because after the Primavera fiasco I had my hopes down but she was perfect yesterday. You guys have no idea the crowd was singing SO LOUD that she had to ask the technician to tone down the public volume and she said “thank you for singing” and was smiling all the time, I think she even got a bit emotional at the beginning. 

I know that we want the setlist to change but trust me hearing it live is a different thing, you have to remember not everyone is as crazy as us who whatches all of her shows and out of 80K people most of them are casual listeners; also as someone who hasn’t seen her live since 2018 I’m glad she did Bartender cause that’s actually one of my favs from NFR. I wanted to hear Candy Necklace tho :(. I did expect her to wear a different color but she was soooo stunning and beautiful nonetheless, the second outfit seeing it live was wow…. 

As for the outro I have to say it’s actually really beautiful idk why everyone’s hating it 😭 it was so fun seeing Lana doing her little dances and all of the dancers opening the bottle champagnes while having fun! The only thing is when the creepy backdoors music started there was no one left on the stage and idk it didn’t make sense lol, I guess it worked with Coachella with her on the bike but not here.

Unfortunately she didn’t come down :( which I’m a bit sad because I think I won’t get barricade never again at a Lana show (my legs still hurt from yesterday, I just don’t have the age/body anymore anyways lol) so I was really hoping to see her even a bit closer but you know never say never 🤞🏻!! Also we went right under her swing hoping to see her right in front of us but she didn’t use it even once so that was kinda disappointing lol 

But yeah other than this the show was so perfect wow, I still can’t believe I got to see her!! Feeling blessed for everything ❤️

If you guys have any questions let me know lol

edit: forgot to add that I’ve always thought that all the dancers were doing way too much and now that I’ve seen them live (were there always so many ??) I can only confirm it lmao, we were crying our eyes out during Video Games and they were spinning on those chairs lol 😭😭 but they were super cute

Here are some pics I took btw (again, you can see the rest on my Instagram)

The one where she’s waving - she’s waving back at my best friend who was right beside me!!! 

Spoiler

IMG-7221.png
IMG-7090.jpg

IMG-7114.jpg

IMG-7129.jpg

IMG-7132.jpg

IMG-7145.jpg

Chuck ❤️ (me and my friend called her and she waved at us aww)

IMG-7159.jpg

IMG-7176.jpg

IMG-7192.jpg

IMG-7194.jpg

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

Btw I'm looking for a guy I met during the PIT torture cuz I couldn't say bye to hin at the end 🥺

He was israelian, curly hair, pretty much a prettier version of R1c#rd0 Y0g1 :bored:

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

3 hours ago, honeyslow said:

wow as far as google translate could tell me that’s a glowing and beautifully written review I imagine it’s even nicer in Italian :wub:

I translated the article for those who are interested

If only there were more Lana Del Reys

Last night's show in Milan was an immersion into her cinematic world. We're surrounded by fleeting songs, so let's hold on tight to artists like her.

"She was a flop at Primavera", someone said before Lana Del Rey's concert in Milan. "You couldn’t hear her, she was dull, she didn’t even actually sing". The expectations for the live show at the I-Days, after hearing the opinions of those who were in Barcelona (streaming doesn’t count), had alarmed us. Is Lana not in good shape? Fortunately, you should never listen to people too much: last night’s live show by Lana Del Rey was exactly what we wanted to see from Lana Del Rey. And we feel sorry for the others.

The show starts at 9:15 PM, she steps onto the stage with a huge smile: "Hello Milan, it’s beautiful to be here!". There are 67.000 people, and you cannot see the end of the crowd. With a headband in her hair, the indispensable ‘60s beehive, Lana arrives and begins her show. On stage there’s a metallic set that, if we were in Puglia, would resemble the one of a local festival. She’s accompanied by a full band, backup singers, dancers, and a pole dance pole that she will then use on several occasions.

Unlike Angelina Mango, Lana doesn’t get bored if she stands still. Quite the opposite: she likes it. And so begins a sequence of twenty-five songs spread over an hour and a half where Lana does exactly what she does best: being herself. There are small choreographies with those reflective panels that moms used in the ‘90s to sunbathe, there are dancers around her who also seem a bit listless. Listless but happy.

The atmosphere becomes dreamy in an instant. Are we at the Ippodromo La Maura (someone will explain one day why it’s called like that) or are we on Sunset Boulevard at dusk? Dreaming costs nothing. Fans hug each other, they cry. We hear them shouting "Mother." She is relaxed, vocally present (and even if she wasn’t: we’re not at a Celine Dion concert). We still remember when at the beginning of her career they tore her apart saying she was fake, constructed - the rich girl trying everything to become famous. Do you remember that performance on SNL, the early uncertain live shows, the stage name, the past knocking at her door? Today, eight albums later, we are witnessing one of the greatest songwriters of our time. Someone who has done something that few can: gift us a world, her world. Draw us in up to our necks in that widescreen dimension without letting us go. Based on the charts, how many artists today can we say the same about? How many have managed to build style and credibility without following social media trends? Lana has done it, and she reminds us tonight by including something from all her works in the setlist. Always slowly, candidly, among sequined dresses, candles, and slow movements.

On stage, that whole world is there. There is nothing to prove; the repertoire speaks, and above all, there is no rush. In the songs, in the way she speaks and interacts with the audience. Twelve years after that debut that caught the attention of half the world, Lana is still here and more credible than ever. An album a year (almost), many concerts, and nothing else. "Thank you for lighting up the crowd", she says when she sees a sea of cell phone lights that perhaps make the Ippodromo La Maura visible from the stars. In a world of passing trends and fleeting songs, let’s hold on tight to Lana Del Rey. Is it a coincidence that the first day of summer temperatures, Lana was in town? Let the summertime sadness begin.

6 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Im thinking a shortened opening with A&W and the closer being a reprise with the classic Jimmy Jimmy part would’ve been great, but would never happen because her and her team are dedicated to making the most mid set lists of her career 

sgopYhV.gif

1 hour ago, Fireffie said:

Finally back home! If you guys want to see videos from yesterday you can watch them on my Instagram stories @kcrnelia or under my stories highlight “LDR 24”

Anyways what can I say…. It was soooo much better than I expected oh my god, probably because after the Primavera fiasco I had my hopes down but she was perfect yesterday. You guys have no idea the crowd was singing SO LOUD that she had to ask the technician to tone down the public volume and she said “thank you for singing” and was smiling all the time, I think she even got a bit emotional at the beginning. 

I know that we want the setlist to change but trust me hearing it live is a different thing, you have to remember not everyone is as crazy as us who whatches all of her shows and out of 80K people most of them are casual listeners; also as someone who hasn’t seen her live since 2018 I’m glad she did Bartender cause that’s actually one of my favs from NFR. I wanted to hear Candy Necklace tho :(. I did expect her to wear a different color but she was soooo stunning and beautiful nonetheless, the second outfit seeing it live was wow…. 

As for the outro I have to say it’s actually really beautiful idk why everyone’s hating it 😭 it was so fun seeing Lana doing her little dances and all of the dancers opening the bottle champagnes while having fun! The only thing is when the creepy backdoors music started there was no one left on the stage and idk it didn’t make sense lol, I guess it worked with Coachella with her on the bike but not here.

Unfortunately she didn’t come down :( which I’m a bit sad because I think I won’t get barricade never again at a Lana show (my legs still hurt from yesterday, I just don’t have the age/body anymore anyways lol) so I was really hoping to see her even a bit closer but you know never say never 🤞🏻!! Also we went right under her swing hoping to see her right in front of us but she didn’t use it even once so that was kinda disappointing lol 

But yeah other than this the show was so perfect wow, I still can’t believe I got to see her!! Feeling blessed for everything ❤️

If you guys have any questions let me know lol

edit: forgot to add that I’ve always thought that all the dancers were doing way too much and now that I’ve seen them live (were there always so many ??) I can only confirm it lmao, we were crying our eyes out during Video Games and they were spinning on those chairs lol 😭😭 but they were super cute

Here are some pics I took btw (again, you can see the rest on my Instagram)

The one where she’s waving - she’s waving back at my best friend who was right beside me!!! 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-7221.png
IMG-7090.jpg

IMG-7114.jpg

IMG-7129.jpg

IMG-7132.jpg

IMG-7145.jpg

Chuck ❤️ (me and my friend called her and she waved at us aww)

IMG-7159.jpg

IMG-7176.jpg

IMG-7192.jpg

IMG-7194.jpg

Watching your Instagram stories actually made me emotional :xcry: I 100% agree with everything you've said — and she sounds better than I remember for years! 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Didn’t she switch stage managers like a month before coachella? That could be why her setlist hasn’t changed much from last year. They prob didn’t have a ton of time to switch around everything. 

she looked gorgeous last night and I’m glad everyone that went had a good time:wub:

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎