Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

4 minutes ago, The Grants said:

now be honest were you guys really expecting any song other than her literal greatest hits? its the biggest festival on the planet she was NOT going to play Black Bathing Suit or White Dress for that fuckass crowd

Then why didn’t she play summer bummer? Lust for life? Let the light in? Radio? Venice bitchhhhh Like her discography is fulllllllll of iconic bops 

Before I can even share my thoughts, I still need to recover from the Hope is a Dangerous Thing performance. That had me bawling. I'm sure a lot of you know how much that song means to me. She portrayed it perfectly.. because sometimes when you truly are hopeless, you feel like a shell of yourself... a ghost... a withering whisper in the wind... just like a hologram. Perfect.

Quick thoughts on the rest - she looked absolutely radiant. Hair, makeup, outfit, everything perfect. Once she got the opening nerves out of her, her vocals were beautiful too. Lots of emotion on Arcadia. The pole dance during Candy Necklace was iconic. The two songs with Billie were just so incredible I don't quite have words for that either except that I would absolutely kill to be in Billie's position where my favourite artist is not only singing my song, but is letting me sing her signature song with her. What an honour.

Anyway. Need to pull it together a little bit more because Hope has destroyed me and I will be unreachable for the rest of the weekend as I have an existential crisis xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, taco truck said:

Right like I WISHHHH she played her greatest hits lol

im pretty sure half the people complaining (including myself) wouldve been so quiet for the ‘greatest hits’. LMAO

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

I think she shines most when things are more intimate or when she's with friends, like you could feel the difference with the guest spots and ballads vs the first half. Hopefully next week she can get over her nerves quicker. But overall, nothing super bad, but nothing crazy good.

was that her first time singing without you live? I don't think ive heard it before. that was iconic. also- the hair, makeup, outfits?! obsessed with the backup singers and dancers outfits matching

giphy.gif

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

not people fake gagging over this:nene:

It’s the same excuses every fucking show lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

this is ivory's almond ghost signing off

wait did i manifest SNL spinning 2024 coachella grammy's dress blonde/ginger hair Lana hologram?

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

she looked so good I loved the hair, makeup and outfit

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

It was the absolute lack of energy that did it for me. Lana can sell vocals even if they are shaking. This, she gave absolutely nothing. Her looks were the best in years tho so there's that.

22 minutes ago, JimmyJimmy said:

Yall are too worried about what other people think. Lana has never been one for big vocals in her live performance but she’ll give you the sad girl fantasy every time. This set has been great. 

Her vocals and tone *were beautiful. It shifted with NFR that she started to sing more head voice. It’s obvious and I’ve been saying this that part of her chest voice is damaged. That’s why she’s started singing higher again but this time with no support unlike her Lizzy days. Her voice was high in her Lizzy Grants days but very resonant. Now she can barely sing a full verse without breaks. 

It’s the smoking and the vapes for sure. Obviously, aging as well but there are plenty of singers who still have good voices with age. L4na voice is still good but definitely not as pleasant tonally and as flexible as it once was.

I mean even diet Mountain Dew would have worked and they did that last year 

Why are we wasting 20 minutes on the grants, bartender, Arcadia, hope when to random people in the crowd these could all be the same songs. They aren’t even hits either?

you can easily slot in songs like Brooklyn baby, DMD, Radio, LTLI, Cinnamon Girl, etc infinity for these and the crowd would go insane 

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

fact checking the rumours:

collabs

new songs

unreleased songs not really 

new setlist

stunts

epic show

cool set

"Multiple collabs" were actually just Billie and two piano players

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Ok I’m out, too much negativity in here. Could it have been better? Yes. Was it bad? Absolutely not. Do I look forward to watch pretty much the same thing next week? Yes, I do.

Bye! 

i sat here for almost 2 hours and watched it like a kid 

Flames so hot that they turn blue