Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

Well here is my review.

1. the entrance and exit was the most iconic thing she could have done, at that moment she looked like a superstar. 
2. The performance with Billie was beautiful, and Billie SHINED.
3. The microphone sucked, honestly. I've read comments saying it sounded great live. I feel like it's the mic problem that hurt the whole atmosphere.
4. The set list definitely could have been better..... It's coachella and she should keep the crowd upbeat and happy, plus I feel like there wasn't much energy in her voice. Sometimes she served vocals (when the microphone felt like working)
5. SHE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL, FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT IT WAS 2012. 

6. she should've mentioned LASSO (we still have weekend two)

All in all I feel like this was a stand out show, but at the same time it felt like another Lana show, especially with the repeated setlist, I feel like she could have done so much more and made this the best show of her career.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Now why are people saying one of the background singers looked pissed? Can someone pinpoint when that was? I have a huntch the energy was off for everyone on stage. :puzzled:

I only say Lana mad dogging a backup singer who did a solo. She was SHOOK that she was upstaged.

1 hour ago, Yosemite said:

Literally lmao y’all around here are being so negative about a show that was really good

I hope y’all eat your words and the critics/magazines/articles shower her with praise so y’all can shut up. And even if they don’t, who cares? 

i mean it’s more in context w the fact that it’s coachella hyping her up and lana saying “yes” in regards to ben saying there would be multiple new songs and multiple guests rumor on instagram

and then her starting off w a remix of kehlanis gangsta  with jealous girl… opening with without you, doing only part of west coast and then going into mainly slow piano ballads for the entire rest of the show with a little jimmy jimmy cocoa puff surprise thrown in only at the very end

and whatever was going on with that shabby microphone/sound engineering the entire time (which isn’t lanas fault)

outside that it was a really great show and the set and her look was beautiful but i think there were a lot of high expectations for her to do something bolder or new  

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

what universe have we awoken to oh my goddddd

"Lines from her 2012 song “Jealous Girl” played from the speakers — “Baby, I’m a gangster too/And it takes two to tango” — before she took the stage in a sparkling baby blue dress"

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

We gon need the press and media to drag her again. Anything to change this fvked up set list. It seems L4na doesn’t pay attention to people’s or her fan’s opinions unless it’s written by a critic or a blog piece. She loves to read those. How do you keep ignoring Cinnamon Girl and Salvatore when it’s requested at almost every show :rip:. I’m glad we got West Coast even just barely a minute of it.

Also, does she not feel the silence when she performs Bartender, The Grants, etc. :rip:.

The Independent you will always be famous. :flutter:

Lana Del Rey was joined by Billie Eilish and Jon Batiste during her rapturously received and beautifully staged headline performance on the Friday night of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2024.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

The only thing that really pissed me off is the crowd being so low but then singing loudly to Ocean Eyes like ☠️☠️☠️ that was just cringe for me

Obviously, a crowd of that many doesn't know songs like The Grants, Bartender, Chemtrails, Candy Necklace, Arcadia, Hope and Burnt Norton - can you blame them???

She shot herself in the foot with the set list.

I bet you when Ocean Eyes came on - a song the crowd actually knows - everyone was relieved.

I still can't believe that she chose, like 500 songs people have literally never heard of.

8 hours ago, Lentilus said:

I only say Lana mad dogging a backup singer who did a solo. She was SHOOK that she was upstaged.

I saw Ocean Blvd. live last summer and this background singer did the same thing then, pretty sure this little bit is planned. What I meant was that people were saying that one of them looked pissed during or after Candy Necklace... :stunned:

20 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

I didn’t see that at all. They definitely smiled at lana a few times (genuinely) and Lana kept pointing to them/directing attention so I imagine they feel appreciated. I think they were just serving face

Yeah, I think it was just shots where they are sat in background not on the actual song, but tbf, could 100% be a case of RBF lol

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 hour ago, Yosemite said:

Literally lmao y’all around here are being so negative about a show that was really good

I hope y’all eat your words and the critics/magazines/articles shower her with praise so y’all can shut up. And even if they don’t, who cares? 

This is not a good thing :rip:. We don’t need smokes and mirrors. 

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

I saw Ocean Blvd. live last summer and this background singer did the same thing then, pretty sure this little big is planned. What I meant was that people were saying that one of them looked pissed during or after Candy Necklace... :stunned:

I think this is what I’m thinking of lol :lmao: but like I say, think it could be RBF too lol

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues