Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

I couldnt put my finger on it yesterday but I just realized that her entrance really/kinda reminded me of Selena’s entrance at the Houston Astrodome aka her last concert and now I’m emotional:defeated:

also, imagine  if she rode in on the motorcycle the same exact way but with Angels Forever playing :defeated:

sgopYhV.gif

2 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

she looks like a goddess :crying5:

yeah i was actually surprised everyone outside here loved her set

I was kinda worried how people would react to it too because of some of the song choices, but I’ve been seeing a lot of positive reactions as well, which is nice to see! I think it's because most people, especially those unfamiliar with her, aren't aware of her regular setlist from the last tour so it didn’t really matter to them. We still had some bops in the beginning too so it was good we still had a mix

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

6 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

The outfits and overall styling was miles better than Glastonbury- I wonder if she's employed a new team because she looks straight out of a 2011 shoot

She obviously lost weight.

Glastonbury styling was actually quite beautiful. Love the head piece and the dress.

Lana's set entrance was amazing.

But Bartender is soooooo tired. The setlist had really amazing pace up until that bored ass song. And then, the shortened version of Born To Die. That song is so iconic but it always feels very odd to me when performed as of recent, feels more like a tribute act for some strange reason... the track is just off I don't know. The guitarist front and center gave me Ultraviolence era vibes... Should've kept the set going with more electric and lively songs at that specific spot imo.

In their places I would've loved to hear something like Brooklyn Baby and Paris, Texas. Or even something like Thunder. An acoustic version of Coachella would've been cool but maybe a little corny idk

Can't say i'm a huge fan of all the shortened versions of songs because it's usually the bridge that gets removed :toofunny:  On the contrary, I love the moments when the band gets to improvise a bit and extend the songs, like during Tunnel and Candy Necklace.

Only real flub of the night for me was West Coast... as grateful as I am to see it on the setlist. 

Jack Antonoff looked so fucking confused playing piano for a hologram.

This is so outside the realm of possibility but Taylor Swift next week to duet Snow on the beach & Video Games would be beautiful & legendary….

OR spice it up with The Weeknd to do LFL + Stargirl

FJM for LTLI instead of JB for candy necklace

& keep Hope on the set bc the hologram thing is cool, but idgaf if Jack plays piano or not

We need her to make a big move next week :defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

19 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

born to die was added to the Essential Lana Del Rey albums on apple music right after coachella

No it’s been there for a while!

i feel like all her albums are essentially lol

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

2 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

No it’s been there for a while!

i feel like all her albums are essentially lol

WHAT?! I didn't know, I changed to spotify a few months ago and last time I used apple music NFR was the only essential album wow, BTD deserved that spot too

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

what I'm kinda wondering is if this gonna bring an upsurge in actually more of the MUSIC back to Coachella. 

influencers, and of course festivities etc. but recently at least what I've been noticing, is that things haven't been as great when it comes to their sound systems, the whole Frank Ocean pulling out thing. 

I wonder if this'll change things/ make Coachella more of a respected kind of event again, instead of it just seeming to be there

UV/Honeymoon

no one asked for, but the motorcycles were electrically and sponsored by Ryvid EV

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5stezDrwx6/?igsh=MTZhaXR3ZTBmN3I1Yg==

I like how Wally Crowder is tagging us :oic2:

Compress-20240414-065325-5819.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5tVcvPRXi4/?igsh=OXgwNnQwMjMxY253

Compress-20240414-065925-5537.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5tk-1wvBn0/?igsh=ZHlyeDltbDBzdDFy