Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 hour ago, Grenadine quarantine said:

I think we’ll get the country album at some point but dunno when.

Unreleased album of 25 songs

American standards and classics

Country album

Nikki Lane collab album 

We have been lied to a lot but I do feel somehow the last three albums I mentioned are gonna make up Lasso. 

2 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Unreleased album of 25 songs

American standards and classics

Country album

Nikki Lane collab album 

We have been lied to a lot but I do feel somehow the last three albums I mentioned are gonna make up Lasso. 

If that’s true… i hope we get a You Belong To Me (in the style of Patsy Cline) cover.

Oh geez, well, I mean what can I say now? What can I say now? I mean when I, when I gave Jack Antonoff his award, um, for best producer of the year, and I said, you know, in case, I said "Welcome Nashville to Hollywood and Hollywood welcome... Nashville because the music business has gone gawn country" and it went SILENT. Five thousand... people, DEAD silent, and then the next week, we had three major artists announce big country albums. So, where is Lasso going? I really have no idea now... you know what I mean??

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I think at this point it's just better to wait and see what happens. I just hope Henry, Come on, isn't scrapped because I don't want another Roses Bloom for You moment.

3 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Personally I understood exactly what she was saying :dancedy: #psychedelicpussythings

same, after a decade of being a lipster you learn the native language

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

Oh geez, well, I mean what can I say now? What can I say now? I mean when I, when I gave Jack Antonoff his award, um, for best producer of the year, and I said, you know, in case, I said "Welcome Nashville to Hollywood and Hollywood welcome... Nashville because the music business has gone gawn country" and it went SILENT. Five thousand... people, DEAD silent, and then the next week, we had three major artists announce big country albums. So, where is Lasso going? I really have no idea now... you know what I mean??

The way she randomly put on a country accent while saying this :lmao:.

54 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I’m dying to know the meaning of her messy answer, you can’t leave us hanging like this :uh:

Knowing Lana, I think she didn’t know how to answer and was just kinda saying words…..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 hour ago, Americen Whore said:

I’m dying to know the meaning of her messy answer, you can’t leave us hanging like this :uh:

she threw words together and hoped for the best

3 hours ago, Asserina said:

I think at this point it's just better to wait and see what happens. I just hope Henry, Come on, isn't scrapped because I don't want another Roses Bloom for You moment.

and now... life's a dreammm

3 hours ago, Asserina said:

When LB is having scrapphobia, the album is about to be announced :true:

Im sure Henry will be on Lasso. Saying this again, RBFY aside (but we knew it from the start, with her caption), all the songs she teased with a snippet ended up on the album. 

4 hours ago, ivory almond said:

Ok on second revision of this text I think she means “What can I say now?” like basically “I told you so” like “I said country was going to happen and nobody believed me”. So the last part I’m interpreting as “I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly” like where is it going to land in its current form, who’s ready for the country jelly? She has no idea. I think that’x what she means

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The way she randomly put on a country accent while saying this :lmao:.

her accent changes depending on what shes tryna sell. spanish accent when you're doing the whole lanita chola girl thing, new york accent when you're a city girl from the ghetto etc

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i spoke to Lana and she said she genuinely has no idea whether Lasso is still going to happen this year. thankfully her team doesn't give her deadlines. She's been working on this project for years already, but she's started feeling the muse move in another direction. I feel like we might see another album of impromptu songs like Kintsugi and more similar to the latter trap tracks on DYKTTATUOB , Fishtail, Peppers, TacoTruck etc. before the Lasso tracks ever see the light of day.

I agree with her decision though because the Lasso tracks are honestly legendary timeless classics. American songbook melodies is not an understatement. She let me listen to a few and they're incredible. Whenever she released this album, it's going to shake the earth.

2 minutes ago, Cake Bush said:

i spoke to Lana and she said she genuinely has no idea whether Lasso is still going to happen this year. thankfully her team doesn't give her deadlines. She's been working on this project for years already, but she's started feeling the muse move in another direction. I feel like we might see another album of impromptu songs like Kintsugi and more similar to the latter trap tracks on DYKTTATUOB , Fishtail, Peppers, TacoTruck etc. before the Lasso tracks ever see the light of day.

I agree with her decision though because the Lasso tracks are honestly legendary timeless classics. American songbook melodies is not an understatement. She let me listen to a few and they're incredible. Whenever she released this album, it's going to shake the earth.

Calculate meme math GIF on GIFER - by Goldenweaver

i'll be damned if i can't slow dance with you — tom-at-the-farm: Orville  Peck, “Hexie Mountains”

4 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Calculate meme math GIF on GIFER - by Goldenweaver

I know I shouldn't say anything, but it's true. The song I can't get out of my head is "The Way You Made Me Feel Today" - this is going to change everything. Best song of all time level track.

3 minutes ago, Cake Bush said:

I know I shouldn't say anything, but it's true. The song I can't get out of my head is "The Way You Made Me Feel Today" - this is going to change everything. Best song of all time level track.

i'll be damned if i can't slow dance with you — tom-at-the-farm: Orville  Peck, “Hexie Mountains”