Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

21 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

Ocean Blvd is a great album, but it has so many flaws, the mixing, the incoherency, too many samples, too many interludes, the unclear vocals, and many other things, it just lacks having its own atmosphere, when I listen to it, I feel like I’m listening to 3 different albums, I really hope lasso will be cohesive, with crystal clear vocals and great mixing.

I agree with everything you've said, AW, except that it's a great album. I personally place it at the bottom of Lana's catalog. Musically, it is not cohesive--not to my ears--though cohesion is not a requirement. 

We know that with LFL and BB, she changed the overall concept mid-way or more than once, and that's also true to some degree of UV and whatever happened to Tropico or whatever it morphed into (or simply died). More than anything, I'd say these albums have a compromised quality, and we, as fans, pick and choose the tracks, or the few tracks, we like. Even with COCC, Lana said something about feeling uncomfortable about releasing it as it was, somewhat under-arranged, etc. And we know she wasn't very happy with the final production on BTD

Now it appears she's doing it again on Lasso. So who knows what it's going to sound like or have as a theme or themes? If any? 

Besides Tough and Henry, Come On, I hope everything else is new to our ears, no bland, one-take Country Roads cover, no Prettiest Girl in Country Music, etc. I'd like it to be fresh, vibrant, realized, dynamic, and with some verve. Not sleepy.  

It would be great to know that Lana has released an album she really loves, is 100% proud of, believes is fully realized, and matches her original conception. Her Court & Spark, her Abbey Road, her Blurryface, her Grace, her Sticky Fingers, her Under the Pink or Boys for Pele, her Rumours. 

I realize a lot of members and fans believe she's done this already with NFR! and perhaps with OB as well. And Lana may feel that way about both of those albums as well. 

What if she opened with Body Electric because she interpolated the instrumental into a Lasso track, what then :flop:

616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

I agree with everything you've said, AW, except that it's a great album. I personally place it at the bottom of Lana's catalog. Musically, it is not cohesive--not to my ears--though cohesion is not a requirement. 

We know that with LFL and BB, she changed the overall concept mid-way or more than once, and that's also true to some degree of UV and whatever happened to Tropico or whatever it morphed into (or simply died). More than anything, I'd say these albums have a compromised quality, and we, as fans, pick and choose the tracks, or the few tracks, we like. Even with COCC, Lana said something about feeling uncomfortable about releasing it as it was, somewhat under-arranged, etc. And we know she wasn't very happy with the final production on BTD

Now it appears she's doing it again on Lasso. So who knows what it's going to sound like or have as a theme or themes? If any? 

Besides Tough and Henry, Come On, I hope everything else is new to our ears, no bland, one-take Country Roads cover, no Prettiest Girl in Country Music, etc. I'd like it to be fresh, vibrant, realized, dynamic, and with some verve. Not sleepy.  

It would be great to know that Lana has released an album she really loves, is 100% proud of, believes is fully realized, and matches her original conception. Her Court & Spark, her Abbey Road, her Blurryface, her Grace, her Sticky Fingers, her Under the Pink or Boys for Pele, her Rumours. 

I realize a lot of members and fans believe she's done this already with NFR! and perhaps with OB as well. And Lana may feel that way about both of those albums as well. 

Prettiest Girl in Country Music is a beautiful song and deserves to be on Lasso.

Tbh, Prettiest Girl > Henry, Come on.

24 minutes ago, dexter said:

We reached a new level of Boredom on the site of where just doing the survivors again 😭

BOREDOM NEXT LEVEL.

Truly, this thread has taken it to previously unimaginable levels.

49 minutes ago, Cult Leader said:

What if she opened with Body Electric because she interpolated the instrumental into a Lasso track, what then :flop:

The Fenway intro song sounds just like Cola with those drums + strings combo so maybe she was Paradise inspired for this album :creepna2:

giphy.gif

This sounds weird, but I was watching this video and the first half of the visuals (especially from 0:12) are very much the environment/colours I was picturing for Lasso 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

The Fenway intro song sounds just like Cola with those drums + strings combo so maybe she was Paradise inspired for this album :creepna2:

she WAS using a lot of paradise/tropico short film imagery on the ocean blvd tour so i wouldn't be surprised if she took inspo from it 

dbb4e56174521f8b6ce4a36da2d30b1d54d02f48

1 minute ago, DrippingPeaches said:

she WAS using a lot of paradise/tropico short film imagery on the ocean blvd tour so i wouldn't be surprised if she took inspo from it 

Please please PLEASE :pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

SING AVE MARIA HONEY

4 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I really hope Luke laird produced most of the songs, that henry snippet sounded so fresh & had crystal clear vocals.

i wonder how many (new) Christian themed songs there will be, i looked up Luke Laird's instagram and a lot of his posts (bio too I think) were about God and Lana's Christian as well :dua:

2.gif

4 hours ago, Embach said:

Yeah, but with Lana-esque writing style of course. I do think that any (country) singer can write murder ballads but Lana can nail it 100% if she puts her own (classic) references into the lyrics.

I agree, but sometimes her storytelling can be sappy of late, as in the last chorus of How to Disappear, which sinks the song for me.   

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I agree, but sometimes her storytelling can be sappy of late, as in the last chorus of How to Disappear, which sinks the song for me.   

That's interesting. I particularly enjoy the last verse (if that's the part you meant?) because of the last reference to Crosby, Stills, Nash + Young. 

I think Lana could nail a murder ballad. We know she it in her — and I agree it doesn't have to contradict the "lighter" label. 

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

i wonder how many (new) Christian themed songs there will be, i looked up Luke Laird's instagram and a lot of his posts (bio too I think) were about God and Lana's Christian as well :dua:

I don't want outright Christian songs, but I've always loved Lana working in her faith, struggles with it, and iconography into the lyricism, as in Tropico etc. I'd be really interested in this theme, depending on how she executes it.  

1 minute ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

That's interesting. I particularly enjoy the last verse (if that's the part you meant?) because of the last reference to Crosby, Stills, Nash + Young. 

I think Lana could nail a murder ballad. We know she it in her — and I agree it doesn't have to contradict the "lighter" label. 

I don't want outright Christian songs, but I've always loved Lana working in her faith, struggles with it, and iconography into the lyricism, as in Tropico etc. I'd be really interested in this theme, depending on how she executes it.  

I mean the part at the end that goes "I'll always be right here." There are enough people in the world already writing sappy, 70s-style schlock ballads, and probably always will be, since there's a huge general audience for them. It's a message people like to here over and over, generation in and out.

But Lana is capable of much more, and so I feel she rather hobbles herself with songs like HTD. I personally don't want to see her move in a bland, all-audiences Life is Beautiful direction. 

"UV" this / "Paradise" that

the way we are still holding ourselves to false hope this era again, we never learn :rollin:

we were born to die, but a delulu keeps us alive

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing