Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I just wish she would have kept “lasso” to herself at that event at the beginning of the year. Like why even bring it up diva?? What did it have to do with anything that was going on that night, especially if it wasn’t ready? Imagine the peace on Lanaboards if she never mentioned it. 

that being said, with everything else happening in the music sphere it doesn’t feel too bad waiting for this 

43 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I just wish she would have kept “lasso” to herself at that event at the beginning of the year. Like why even bring it up diva?? What did it have to do with anything that was going on that night, especially if it wasn’t ready? Imagine the peace on Lanaboards if she never mentioned it. 

that being said, with everything else happening in the music sphere it doesn’t feel too bad waiting for this 

She definitely thought it was ready or near-ready. Then she heard other artists going for country, she listened to Cowboy Carter, etc. and probably thought her record was nowhere near as good - or that she doesn't want to simply follow suit.  It's a valid reason to hold off.

The issue is: why doesn't she just realize that she's messed up by leading us on with the wrong date, and try to rectify it? Invent a reason for the delay, drop a single, announce the real album date, something... Anything. That is the real issue. That she's led us down the garden path and doesn't seem to give a fu-k. But it's not like she hasn't done this before...

Another issue is that we keep falling for every stupid thing she says every time. Clearly, clearly - never believe a release date until it's confirmed by her record company or a pre-order.

A [female] writer I like calls artists of all stripes--and especially female artists--sacred monsters, and I think we've seen a little bit of that behavior in Lana since 2012, just as I've certainly seen it in Tori Amos over the decades. Maria Callas, Judy Garland, Madonna--it's a sort of archetype that no doubt is partially the result of 'women in a man's word.' 

Both Greta Garbo and Nico both said they wished they had been born men, strictly due to the very different access men have in the world and the creative world in particular. And Greta Garbo and Anais Nin both said, at different points of their lives, that they found themselves burdened by impossible, crushing standards of excellence they set for themselves, and wondered how they had ever gotten to that point.  

I think we see all of this in some of Lana's behavior. If she's not a sacred monster, we often certainly treat her like one, which I don't think is healthy for anyone. It's certainly a projection many of us cast upon her. No wonder she wants to walk to the mall, watch television, and do the laundry. 

At this point, I don't have a lot of hope for Lasso as such. I almost hope it's morphed into something else and has a new name. 

How much do you guys trust what lustforlife said here? I know that they said some "stuff" 3 years ago that Beautiful is a surf rock song or something but as a lurker I do remember that they got the date for Arcadia release and Blue Banisters pre-orders right. I don't know, I kinda want to believe them because we've got nothing to hold onto :eek:

2.gif

1 minute ago, Embach said:

How much do you guys trust what lustforlife said here? I know that they said some "stuff" 3 years ago that Beautiful is a surf rock song or something but as a lurker I do remember that they got the date for Arcadia release and Blue Banisters pre-orders right. I don't know, I kinda want to believe them because we've got nothing to hold onto :eek:

I'm not sure how Disgust gets their info but I think 98% of it is wrong. At best, they know someone (french husband) who knows someone...who knows someone. The info is usually wrong / trolling / fanfiction. Pantene and the ATRL boys are the only insiders I am trusting this era.

Tumblr

17 minutes ago, Embach said:

in French husband we trust (if they're still together)

if it's true what lustforlife said, he pursues copyright infringements and therefore sometimes has one or the other exclusive info

now that lust for life has been exposed and banned I hope people here stop parroting their “Lasso in Q4/end of next year” statements because it’s ridiculous lol 

"Don’t forget me"

7 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

What I take from BOZs comments is that whatever Lasso was back in February is scrapped and it's been heavily reworked with only a couple of songs from the first tracklist (as usual for Lana) left (that's why it's on life support).

It may not even be called Lasso anymore :thumb2:

But I do think is still coming sometime early-mid next year

I feel like the “on life support” comment was a classic eclipse troll. I’d take BOZ’s ‘lasso is alive’ comment more seriously 

"Don’t forget me"

41 minutes ago, Embach said:

they said BoZ was in jail bc Universal got them and BoZ is clearly not so I don't think they really know anything :brigitte:

54 minutes ago, Embach said:

lust for life is the rare troll insider (think them and Arcadialovesong). 90% of what they say is complete BS, but they do have the 10% chance of having correct info. They definitely have some kind of source that other fake insiders (like Jinn) don’t have, but they take the inch of info they have and run miles with it 

"Don’t forget me"

9 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

oh, if the ‘collab’ is herself, Lana feat. Lizzy Grant :eek4:

would be so funny

When she releases Lana Del Rey AKA Lizzie Grant and it's an AKA re-release but she's added verses to each song where she parallels her past POV  (Lizzie) with her present day POV (Lana):charli:

Tumblr

39 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

now that lust for life has been exposed and banned I hope people here stop parroting their “Lasso in Q4/end of next year” statements because it’s ridiculous lol 

I genuinely don't understand why any world believe that

Lasso in whatever form will 100% be out before stage coach

36 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

lust for life is the rare troll insider (think them and Arcadialovesong). 90% of what they say is complete BS, but they do have the 10% chance of having correct info. They definitely have some kind of source that other fake insiders (like Jinn) don’t have, but they take the inch of info they have and run miles with it 

this whole time i thought arcadia and lfl were the same person :brigitte:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Lustforlife was reliable because he was talking to real insiders… but he was also making up things when asked about the BB songs… 

However, he was spot on about Watercolour Eyes (it was his redemption era) and he also was right about Ocean Blvd and what was going on behind the scenes. 

That was until he committed his LB suicide :thumb3: