Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

31 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Ya I like it. I get the sense that this will probably be a lot more straight forward and simple lyrically compared to Ocean blvd and BB.

I feel like this will be so unique in the end, I just hope people give it a chance since it probably will lean into the country elements quite a bit

I've said this before. But hope it's not too old fashioned. Like, one more upbeat track with beats ala Old Town Road would be an epic slay. Like, add some spice to it Lana.

Ngl, it’s really hard for me to get excited for a genre that I genuinely don’t care about  :rip:. Also praying Take me Flop Country Flop isn’t on the album that would DESTROY whatever excitement I have left, just like Let Me Like A Woman Did. 

BITCHES I DID NOT EXPECT A HEART ATTACK THIS MORNING WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKING FUCK!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

ALSO THAT ONE PERSON WHO MANIFESTED THAT 1 WORDED TITLE - YOUR WISHES CAME TRUE!

IS THERE A LASSO EMOJI?

url%5D

I trust her date this time. If she's looking for a September release she probably plans on finishing it around May (already accounting for vinyl pressing times).

She's been working on the album since Ocean was finished back in 2022 and she still has some months left for a realistic September release :creepna2:

giphy.gif

Just now, barttttender said:

I've said this before. But hope it's not too old fashioned. Like, one more upbeat track with beats ala Old Town Road would be an epic slay. Like, add some spice to it Lana.

Old Town Road is garbage sorry, I hope she doesn't do songs like this

url%5D

YES. Lana has been flirting with country since the very beginning, it was about time that she leaned all the way into it. I love that there seems to be a strong stylistic emphasis so far (hence, a title as on the nose as Lasso) because when Lana consciously gets into a genre, she undoubtedly makes it her own. 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

YES. Lana has been flirting with country since the very beginning, it was about time that she leaned all the way into it. I love that there seems to be a strong stylistic emphasis so far (hence, a title as on the nose as Lasso) because when Lana consciously gets into a genre, she undoubtedly makes it her own. 

YASSSS!

url%5D

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I trust her date this time. If she's looking for a September release she probably plans on finishing it around May (already accounting for vinyl pressing times).

She's been working on the album since Ocean was finished back in 2022 and she still has some months left for a realistic September release :creepna2:

she said she’s been working on it for 4 years now which is very plausible considering Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid are from 2018 (which are very country themed)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

6 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Lana naming her next album with the shortest title after releasing her longest one is hilarious :blush3:

Obviously, Lasso will be the name of one of the singles. Epic ballad guaranteed.

And for sure, Henry's on the record.