Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Okay so mostly every album Lana put out, she always had a change for their titles :

- Nevada 👉 Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant

- The Best of LDR 👉 The World is Ours 👉 Do U Luv Me Yet? 👉 G.B.A. (God Bless America) 👉 The Revenge of LDR 👉 Born To Die

- Tropico 👉 Paradise

- Tropico 👉 Melancholia 👉 Ultraviolence

- Music To Watch Boys To 👉 Honeymoon

- Best American Record 👉 Lust For Life

- Bird World 👉 Norman Fucking Rockwell!

- White Hot Forever 👉 Chemtrails Over the Country Club

- Rock Candy Sweet 👉 Blue Banisters

- Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: Pearl Watch Me Ring A Bell Psycho-Lifeguard 👉 Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

I have a feeling that she'll get rid of the 'Lasso' title and change the title to something more iconic. That name is horrendous and boring.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Lasso sounds very western (cowboys) not at all sad.

Manifesting

GoodBadUgly.jpg?w=1280

You know I just realized. I’m sitting here thinking because of the name of the album. Maybe my hope of her doing western soundtrack music is becoming real. If she goes for this sound (Raise Me Up in particular), it’ll be HUGE mefears.

8 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Lasso sounds very western (cowboys) not at all sad.

Manifesting

GoodBadUgly.jpg?w=1280

I’m sitting here thinking because of the name of the album. Maybe my hope of her doing western soundtrack music is becoming real. 

i want a "RAHHHHHHH 🦅🦅🦅🦅🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸" vibes

edit she can rework DICWB and Velvet Crowbar to sound more like that it would be so goood

2 minutes ago, Raise Me Up said:

edit she can rework DICWB and Velvet Crowbar to sound more like that it would be so goood

I was literally just editing my post to include Raise Me Up :defeated:. Yes, Velvet Crowbar would eat as well.

So I don’t think we’re getting Henry, Come On until September. 

She never releases the first song she teases. I think we’re more likely to get Lasso title track first 

"Don’t forget me"

18 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Okay so mostly every album Lana put out, she always had a change for their titles :

- Nevada 👉 Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant

- The Best of LDR 👉 The World is Ours 👉 Do U Luv Me Yet? 👉 G.B.A. (God Bless America) 👉 The Revenge of LDR 👉 Born To Die

- Tropico 👉 Paradise

- Tropico 👉 Melancholia 👉 Ultraviolence

- Music To Watch Boys To 👉 Honeymoon

- Best American Record 👉 Lust For Life

- Bird World 👉 Norman Fucking Rockwell!

- White Hot Forever 👉 Chemtrails Over the Country Club

- Rock Candy Sweet 👉 Blue Banisters

- Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: Pearl Watch Me Ring A Bell Psycho-Lifeguard 👉 Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

I have a feeling that she'll get rid of the 'Lasso' title and change the title to something more iconic. That name is horrendous and boring.

paradise was always paradise and ultraviolence was never called melancholia😭

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS? OMFG 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

paradise was always paradise and ultraviolence was never called melancholia😭

really? I remember reading somewhere that Paradise was supposed to be a full length studio album called Tropico before she cuts it down to just a mini-album / EP

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Yeah, Country in terms of music can mean anything today, and hopefully, the album will be more 21st-century Americana than what passes for Country today, which I consider Country Pop, and which is so stilted and repetitive.

The snippet from the song with Laird sounded a lot more like 21st-century Americana to my ear. 

I don't mind collaborations, but I assume that means, among others, Nikki Lane, who I'm not a fan of at this point, but I hope there are no covers, or only one at best. CRTMH was a flop for me. 

Still, great news, something to look forward to, thanks, Elle and team. 

7 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

I was literally just editing my post to include Raise Me Up :defeated:. Yes, Velvet Crowbar would eat as well.

My fav song omg , Raise Me Up should just be with other AKA tracks :clapback:

10 minutes ago, Raise Me Up said:

that vibe is giving charlie kelly’s rock, flag and eagle song from its always sunny 😭

1 minute ago, violettiaras said:

that vibe is giving charlie kelly’s rock, flag and eagle song from its always sunny 😭

LMAOOOOOO 

5 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

really? I remember reading somewhere that Paradise was supposed to be a full length studio album called Tropico before she cuts it down to just a mini-album / EP

yeah paradise was actually supposed to be full but that version only contained the same pool of songs (maybe minus blue velvet, gods and monsters, bel air) + btd outtakes - it was supposed to be like a merged project with newer sessions (like i don’t wanna go, american, jfk, hollywood) plus btd outtakes (hollywooods dead, serial killer, damn you, and maybe some others) - and this all was supposed to be merged into 1 alb and be called paradise, but then it downgraded to an ep with mostly new stuff, but the main thought is that tropico and paradise were never related, 

as for melancholia it was always a fan made title 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, Raise Me Up said:

My fav song omg , Raise Me Up should just be with other AKA tracks :clapback:

I want the songs in the soundscape of it not that I want the actual songs on the album. The vibes need to be like Raise Me Up and Driving In Cars With Boys, etc.