Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

i know we are getting a nikki collab but i just really do not want it:headache: i was watching their live version of prettiest girl in country musk and nikki's voice is just so overpowering and not good imo...

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I love the fact that she only gave the "country" information, it leaves us to speculate on how it will sound so it leaves us be delulu :grinds:

have you guys ever heard come pick me up by ryan adams? that song is so good i hope we get a song with that vibe

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

My delusional narrative:

Lasso will tell the story of a young woman trying to make her way to Nashville with dreams of finding love and becoming a country singer. She will come across a wide variety of seedy characters and disappointing men (Henry, I'm looking at you. Hey blue baby, you too) who try to lasso her into their orbits, but she always escapes with the last laugh. Three quarters through the album she starts to wonder if she's ever going to get there, and rants about the things she's seen (the serial killers, the prostitute pickups, the pantyhose thrillers :oic2:) The song serves as a release and a reset hence the sonic switchup, and afterwards she realizes that she must be stupid for being so happy despite it all and carries on her way, where she finally reaches Nashville and performs her showstopping duet with the legend Dolly Parton and finally makes it as a singer. The prettiest girl in country music after all, she's the one with all the power, the one holding the lasso in the end :true:

It’s just making me think about that time I went horseback riding in red rock canyon and then stopped after to swing a lasso about, which was such a lovely day to be fair, so I’m changing my mind, this will be my favourite album so far. Yeehaw.

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

4 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

I love that the title is just one word. :party:

same bc whenever I tell people who aren't lana fans about did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd they're always like ....... what did u just say :air:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i know we are getting a nikki collab but i just really do not want it:headache: i was watching their live version of prettiest girl in country musk and nikki's voice is just so overpowering and not good imo...

Same, but if they break the verses up like in BUS that might be okay, I quite enjoy BUS

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I hope there isn’t a fucking horse on the cover :meltdown:

a country album without a horse is like a lana album without lana on the cover

Spoiler

it doesn't have to be in the foreground

765184cd-ef81-4027-b0fb-502bf89f4ea8.jpg

:wubna:

ef027c46-2cac-4833-ac2c-9dd377043732.jpg

5 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

in defense of having an opinion, and some thoughts regarding the new album, it's not so serious but felt the need to respond:
- it's perfectly ok to not immediately have a feel for the record when Lana herself hasn't been associated as strongly with the genre. 
- no i won't pretend to immediately fall for the new music, just because it's her, since I personally can't find an immediate connection with the overall genre aside from some gems, and that's perfectly understandable. 
- previous line, that being said, it's completely understandable to express some friction or reluctance. it goes both ways. 
- I'm sure the music'll be golden bc it is Lana. we trust her, I think it's obvious at this point to say that some don't trust the genre so much. and that's perfectly fine, normal even when you think about it. 

exactly my point, even though i'm not much of a country music hater but i'm not feeling the genre either, maybe it's because i'm not American, or white enough to understand country music in a certain way (I do appreciate some country artists or country albums / songs tho)... But it's Lana we're talking about, we know she always has that ability to just turn every genre into her own so I expect the "country" from Lana sounds not so much alike typical country.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

yes this photoshoot I was asking about! she probably scrapped it because the photographer fucked up by basically leaking the photos. but since nikki lane was on it maybe this photoshoot would be used for single covers? who knows

what if she's standing in front of a horse kinda like how she used to stand in front of cars for her older albums like BTD and LFL

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Sierra Ferrell should’ve been given a chance to shine in that song, she has a gorgeous voice (unlike Nikki) but she’s overpowered of course. Would love for Lana to collab with just Sierra. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

a country album without a horse is like a lana album without lana on the cover

Hide contents

it don't has to be in the foreground

765184cd-ef81-4027-b0fb-502bf89f4ea8.jpg

:wubna:

ef027c46-2cac-4833-ac2c-9dd377043732.jpg

how do you guys create Lana a.i pics like these? i think Bing blocked Lana Del Rey prompt:sadcore2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing