Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

6 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Praying for NO COLLABS, which is impossible :crying5:

i want a Dixon Dallas collab :oop2:

give us Good Lookin part two featuring a remixed A&W section!

Edited by The Siren
wrong song lol

15 hours ago, Elle said:

Welcome to the Lasso Pre-Release Thread

Annual Discussion & Meltdown!

To be released September 2024

January 31st: Lana Del Rey has announced the title of her newest record "Lasso" during the NMPA x Billboard Songwriter Awards + Showcase. The album will be a country record with production by Jack Antonoff set for release in September 2024.

What we know so far:

- In a journal entry dated March 28th, 2023 posted on Instagram, Jack Antonoff wrote that "Lana refuses to leave [the studio]"

-  Lana Del Rey has revealed to a fan while at a Waffle House in Florence, Alabama that she is "working on a new recording" in July 2023. Later that month, she visited Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in Sheffield, Alabama where she recorded 3-4 songs.

- In November 2023, Lana Del Rey hung out with Luke Laird, a country music producer/songwriter, in Nashville. They later visited again in January.

- In January 2024, Lana Del Rey stated she was working on new songs with Jack Antonoff in an Instagram story post.

Potential tracks (unconfirmed):

- Henry, Come On (created with Luke Laird, snippet uploaded to Lana's Instagram on January 18th, 2024)

- Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver cover originally released on December 1st, 2023)

- Prettiest Girl in Country Music (country song written with Nikki Lane performed on January 24th, 2022)

- Hey Blue Baby (country song performed at Jack Antonoff's Ally Coalition on December 5th, 2018)

- I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy (country song performed at Jack Antonoff's Ally Coalition on December 5th, 2018)

- Stand By Your Man (Tammy Wynette cover performed multiple times during Lana's 2023 tour)

- Dolly Parton collab (Lana, Nikki Lane, and Luke Laird visited Dolly Parton's home in January 2024)

NOW WHAT THE FUCK!!!! HOW DID I MISS THIS

So did we ever find out what that huge thing the label wanted to do was? the thing that Ben spoke about?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

if Lasso is the real name of this album, it might be the only one that we cant abbreviate (excluding Paradise)

we have UV and HM, but that's because they're compound words

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Do modern country singers have horses on their cover? :stareney2: This is my main concern at the moment: that the album could be a parody of country. She would seriously be dragged by critics and country music lovers. A horse, lasso, giddy up… It could be incredible and kitsch, I just hope it’s not a parody of the genre 

I see what you mean but I honestly wouldn't worry about that. Another artist tackling country maybe, but Lana is a musical genius and feels very connected to classic artists. I think she's definitely going to do the genre justice. 

I don't expect this album to reinvent the wheel, but I think she's going to do something really strong and universally beloved.

Just now, ivory almond said:

if Lasso is the real name of this album, it might be the only one that we cant abbreviate (excluding Paradise)

we have UV and HM, but that's because they're compound words

The way the abbreviation of DYKTTATUOB is even longer than Lasso :hide:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

13 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

HkFhlwA.gif is it wrong country vibes, velvet crowbar country, my best days DANGEROUS GIRL, on our way country vibes HkFhlwA.gif

none of these are country

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

29 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Im not kidding myself, we’ll get a Nikki collab for sure. I just hope though that there won’t be three… Give us the best one so it won’t be a complete Lana X Nikki LP (I don’t hate Nikki by the way, but she ain’t my fave collab either)

I’m not typically a country fan but I know Lana will make it into her own so it makes me excited to see what will come. That being said, as long as there’s no more than 1 Nikki lane collab I’ll prob be happy :xgiggle: preferably no Nikki lane but I doubt it so 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

So did we ever find out what that huge thing the label wanted to do was? the thing that Ben spoke about?

Oh… wasn’t it LDR Village?

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

2 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I hope we get no singles :runs: since it’s coming out soon, I wanna experience listening to the full album for the first time :willcut:

i would not consider September "soon":hide:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・