Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

8 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

I'm not NOT excited but this album could either be really good or her worst album ever depending on which style of country she goes with

Manifesting with my whole being it's 60s inspired country and not modern country 

I agree with you, but also I feel like it will suck if it’s just a chemtrails rehash, which I really hope it’s not but using Jack again as a producer makes me a bit worried. Henry Come On sounds great though, and I really cannot imagine Lana creating modern country music lol, even if she loves Morgan Wallen for some reason:crai:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 hours ago, mrborntolose said:

i hope she does something in the vein of Angel Olsen. not typically a country gurl but i’ll listen to anything lana does. i’m optimistic but not necessarily excited which is a bummer but i guess we’ll just see!

This exactly described how I’m feeling. I’m excited, but I’m also kinda scared cause I don’t know what to expect. It could either be revolutionary or something like take me home country roads

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

I love title, and from what we’ve heard so far, her voice is clear without that muffle sound, the lyrics are straightforward and less wordy, the production with the guitars is going to lead to something big

when Lana tries new genres she always excels

cant Wait for more news

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

14 hours ago, Elle said:

Potential tracks (unconfirmed):

- Henry, Come On (created with Luke Laird, snippet uploaded to Lana's Instagram on January 18th, 2024)

- Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver cover originally released on December 1st, 2023)

- Prettiest Girl in Country Music (country song written with Nikki Lane performed on January 24th, 2022)

- Hey Blue Baby (country song performed at Jack Antonoff's Ally Coalition on December 5th, 2018)

- I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy (country song performed at Jack Antonoff's Ally Coalition on December 5th, 2018)

- Stand By Your Man (Tammy Wynette cover performed multiple times during Lana's 2023 tour)

- Dolly Parton collab (Lana, Nikki Lane, and Luke Laird visited Dolly Parton's home in January 2024)

Was Prettiest Girl in Country Music ever confirmed to be a collab with Nikki or did they just write it together? I really hate how much Nikki overpowers Lana’s voice in that one live performance they did together. 

34 minutes ago, Unidentified Major Tom said:

I love this idea.

Manifesting an album "not really country but not not country".

Like Dixie Blur by Jonathan Wilson or Big Time by Angel Olsen.

EXACTLY. like the AO tour tshirt says: it's not not country

aOaIzH2.gif

6 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Was Prettiest Girl in Country Music ever confirmed to be a collab with Nikki or did they just write it together? I really hate how much Nikki overpowers Lana’s voice in that one live performance they did together. 

I think so. The origin story came from Nikki’s experience of some record exec saying she’s the prettiest girl in country music

I agree. Nikki’s voice overpowered Lana’s in that live show

8 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I don't like NIkki's voice either:toofunny:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I'm just glad Ethel is releasing her b sides this year, i'll need something to wash the bad taste of Lasso out of my mouth :nene:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't mean to diminish her past work in favor of the new because I am one of the biggest fans of Chemtrails/Blue Banisters on this site, but I did like what I heard of Henry, Come On just as much if not more than the country-esque songs off of those two albums. If Take me Home, Country Roads makes the record, that will be a favorite cover from one of her albums as well. I'm not worried about this project at all. Henry, Come On sounds really beautiful to me

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm honestly not excited about the genre of the album, but since I haven't heard it and the snippet she posted on Instagram I quite liked it, it's a wait and see. On the other hand, I don't know why I thought Lana's next album would have a different genre, the rumored collaboration with The Weeknd, her being more cunty than ever. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Then we don't want to see your fat ass commenting around here honey. :kiss2:

hit a nerve?

karen-buttrub.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'm just glad Ethel is releasing her b sides this year, i'll need something to wash the bad taste of Lasso out of my mouth :nene:

Ethel is literally inspired by country music :bebe: 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・