Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

14 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Maybe yes maybe not. But I thought this version of Lana doesn’t exist

the one who puts out chart chasing hits? that’s my entire point and you are just acting sassy for the hell of it. not even Fishtails or Peppers are hits: the former is way too subdued, the latter is an anamorphic song that merges a trap beat sample with surf rock. it’s not a coincidence that the tracks who are frequently used and consequently got viral on social media out of Tunnel were Let The Light In and Margaret and she didn’t capitalize on either of them with additional promo or music videos or interviews whatsoever.

so no, this version of Lana that wants to do a chart topping mega hit with fire beats and bombastic choruses does not exist at the moment, no matter how many tracks she records on the sidelines and never gets to release - this is not me thinking i know her personally, this is me looking at the state of her career and her latest output since 2019. i’m open to be surprised and see her pivot to wherever direction she wants to as i’m sure she’ll excel at anything she tries - for the time being i’m *assuming* she doesn’t seem interested in pursuing whatever some of the stuck-in-the-BTD/LFL-eras fans are claiming she NEEDS to or SHOULD do next because unlike *you* i don’t relegate her post-NFR music as boring just because it doesn’t have beats you can shake yourself to like i’ve seen you state countless times so maybe remember that before unnecessarily shade me when i didn’t even address you.

IMG-7960.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

the one who puts out chart chasing hits? that’s my entire point and you are just acting sassy for the hell of it. not even Fishtails or Peppers are hits: the former is way too subdued, the latter is an anamorphic song that merges a trap beat sample with surf rock. it’s not a coincidence that the tracks who are frequently used and consequently got viral on social media out of Tunnel were Let The Light In and Margaret and she didn’t capitalize on either of them with additional promo or music videos or interviews whatsoever.

so no, this version of Lana that wants to do a chart topping mega hit with fire beats and bombastic choruses does not exist at the moment, no matter how many tracks she records on the sidelines and never gets to release - this is not me thinking i know her personally, this is me looking at the state of her career and her latest output since 2019. i’m open to be surprised and see her pivot to wherever direction she wants to as i’m sure she’ll excel at anything she tries - for the time being i’m *assuming* she doesn’t seem interested in pursuing whatever some of the stuck-in-the-BTD/LFL-eras fans are claiming she NEEDS to or SHOULD do next because unlike *you* i don’t relegate her post-NFR music as boring just because it doesn’t have beats you can shake yourself to like i’ve seen you state countless times so maybe remember that before unnecessarily shade me when i didn’t even address you.

:mariah:

10 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I think she just does whatever she feels like and it's not more complicated than that. She probably doesn't need the money--depending on how she's spent or saved her millions--and she's not interested in chart-topping or competing with Taylor. She's already an artist's artist and on her way to becoming a music industry legend based on the effectiveness of her songwriting and the number of great songs she's composed.  

I find it funny that anyone would find her post-NFR! career boring, as, for me, it's NFR! that's boring, except for a few tracks, though I do think OB is a complete mixed bag, a real smorgasbord, and definitely not her best. 

i wonder if she would dip into her lower register a little bit for this album, i think country in a lower register would be a nice kind of lana flair. only a little, because i can’t imagine her going back to that fully

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I think she just does whatever she feels like and it's not more complicated than that. She probably doesn't need the money--depending on how she's spent or saved her millions--and she's not interested in chart-topping or competing with Taylor. She's already an artist's artist and on her way to becoming a music industry legend based on the effectiveness of her songwriting and the number of great songs she's composed.  

I find it funny that anyone would find her post-NFR! career boring, as, for me, it's NFR! that's boring, except for a few tracks, though I do think OB is a complete mixed bag, a real smorgasbord, and definitely not her best. 

her doing whatever she likes is one of the main reasons i still stan this woman today because in a way it’s almost like she’s anti-Hollywood in the sense that she doesn’t conform to what’s expected of her - which is why i sometimes find these “i hope she does trap! i hope she does a big pop radio hit” posts a bit redundant because no matter how many records she makes with The Weeknd, Mike Dean, Migos, etc etc she still does what she wants at the end of the day and she shouldn’t apologize or change her tune because it’s not the pussy popping musicianship that some fans expect or demand from her *shrugs*

but if she does come out with a capital B banger good for her! i’ll be here applauding and supporting her regardless 

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

her doing whatever she likes is one of the main reasons i still stan this woman today because in a way it’s almost like she’s anti-Hollywood in the sense that she doesn’t conform to what’s expected of her - which is why i sometimes find these “i hope she does trap! i hope she does a big pop radio hit” posts a bit redundant because no matter how many records she makes with The Weeknd, Mike Dean, Migos, etc etc she still does what she wants at the end of the day and she shouldn’t apologize or change her tune because it’s not the pussy popping musicianship that some fans expect or demand from her *shrugs*

but if she does come out with a capital B banger good for her! i’ll be here applauding and supporting her regardless 

I agree, and I like her for the same reason, among other reasons.

If she were going to play the industry game, she would have been churning out copies of BTD ever since, or using that template repeatedly.

UV was obviously a big break with BTS/P, and I don't think she's ever looked back. 

She said her mother called her a chameleon soul. And we know Lana Del Rey is a stage name and persona, like Nico, Melanie, or Madonna. Who knows if we've ever heard the true, authentic voice of Elizabeth Grant, or if Elizabeth Grant wants to share that voice with the public. She's a Cancer, she's super-guarded and self-protecting. 

As I see it, all of that frees her to do whatever she wants musically, whenever she wants. I can't think of any other musical artist who has jumped genres or given a middle finger to the idea of consistency the way Lana has. Maybe only Linda Ronstadt that I can think of, but Linda was/is largely an interpreter of other people's songs. 

46 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Why are you playing dumb? They obviously didn’t mean they want Lana to do a hip hop hit song that hits 1# on hot 100, they said they want country in a sound of old time road with migos because *newsflash* shes been working with migos. And I didn’t shade you unlike *you* so sit down grandpa

Let's not fight, right? :oprah3:

36 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i wonder if she would dip into her lower register a little bit for this album, i think country in a lower register would be a nice kind of lana flair. only a little, because i can’t imagine her going back to that fully

I think Henry had a quite a bit of her lower register, so maybe you're right! I listened to Living Legend and I can see some vibes in it similar to Henry!

url%5D

A Western-themed project sounds like something much bigger than a MV. It could be a series of MVs for 2-3 songs, or even a short film. It could be anything really! I mean, she did tell us that "things are about to get crazy for a long time". :lange:

Anyway, I hope that the visuals/covers will be inspired by Joan Crawford in Nicholas Ray's Johnny Guitar. Now, that's my definition of cuntry. :oprah:

EUHrxRTXkAAl5vw?format=jpg&name=small

FLAgMkeXMAIGnFs?format=jpg&name=medium

EC745DNXsAEF7vQ?format=jpg&name=medium

D00rVF-WsAEUzIJ.jpg

insider info and fighting in the pre release thread, oh we’re so back :sass:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Imagine we would get a visual album or another short film :lange: Lasso gonna slay harder than we expect :faintdy:

Even if it's "just" for a music video, it's gonna be brilliant. Really exciting news :oprah2:

Now I really hope that we get a single at the end of this month or in March, oh Henry come on :trisha:

Honestly, after spending a gazillion dollars on Candy Necklace and getting, like, 9 views, I don't imagine Interscope would be willing to cash out for another big video production.

I also do think that music videos are on a such a massive decline, with even Beyonce not having done one for Renaissance. Now, I love music videos, and Lana's a genius with the right director (Candy Necklace: EPIC SLAY). But, let's face it, the last LDR videos that performed well were DCMA and Doin' Time, and that's because both of those had a good beat. I feel like folks will play videos when they wanna be entertained, or they're with their friends and wanna show off their favorite artist and like mess around/dance together. But even that's not a guarantee of success. Just look at Kylie Minogue's Padam Padam, one of the biggest songs of 2023 that accumulated 24 M only.

So, while I'd love her to have a video for Lasso, obviously, I wouldn't cry if she doesn't. Give the money to charity. 

Now, if it was an upbeat radio-friendly song with a pulse or a Dolly Parton collab, then it'd be a shame not to have one.

4 hours ago, luna de miel said:

my delulu ass getting ready for tropico 2.0, a western inspired short film set in modern LA only this time lana is the john wayne/cowboy/gangster/creator type character :dance4:

4 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I agree! Like I mentioned earlier, it's really giving me WILD WEST Annie Oakley gunslinger, western movies, a woman sitting in an abandoned old saloon singing about her ex boyfriend who died and now she's going to seek revenge on his killers, or an ex who wronged her and now she's going to seek revenge :agree:

seductive gunslinger cowgirl, in leather and lace, just sent her ex to meet his fate in an old western saloon, then hopped on her motorcycle driving off into the sunset :justride2:

im thinking a similar aesthetic to ride but more western
She had all her guns and all her guns were blazing :ma:

Edited by shadesofblue

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

14 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Anyway, I hope that the visuals/covers will be inspired by Joan Crawford in Nicholas Ray's Johnny Guitar. Now, that's my definition of cuntry. :oprah:

Your taste ... absolutely immaculate. The power of a Delphine Seyrig profile pic...

24 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

A Western-themed project sounds like something much bigger than a MV. It could be a series of MVs for 2-3 songs, or even a short film. It could be anything really! I mean, she did tell us that "things are about to get crazy for a long time". :lange:

EUHrxRTXkAAl5vw?format=jpg&name=small

FLAgMkeXMAIGnFs?format=jpg&name=medium

EC745DNXsAEF7vQ?format=jpg&name=medium

D00rVF-WsAEUzIJ.jpg

Those photos are to die for! Even if it was just Lana with that yellow shirt and bow standing there, it'd be a fire cover.

You do have great taste. Is the movie itself as good as it looks?

26 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Honestly, after spending a gazillion dollars on Candy Necklace and getting, like, 9 views, I don't imagine Interscope would be willing to cash out for another big video production.

I also do think that music videos are on a such a massive decline, with even Beyonce not having done one for Renaissance. Now, I love music videos, and Lana's a genius with the right director (Candy Necklace: EPIC SLAY). But, let's face it, the last LDR videos that performed well were DCMA and Doin' Time, and that's because both of those had a good beat. I feel like folks will play videos when they wanna be entertained, or they're with their friends and wanna show off their favorite artist and like mess around/dance together. But even that's not a guarantee of success. Just look at Kylie Minogue's Padam Padam, one of the biggest songs of 2023 that accumulated 24 M only.

So, while I'd love her to have a video for Lasso, obviously, I wouldn't cry if she doesn't. Give the money to charity. 

Now, if it was an upbeat radio-friendly song with a pulse or a Dolly Parton collab, then it'd be a shame not to have one.

yeah, music videos are definitely declining and it shows, but maybe lana is just doing it for her own personal realization idk, i feel that she liked acting on the candy necklaces mv :adele: maybe she should take a bigger step and start acting on real movies :thankyou: